Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Juventus exchanged Spianazolla to Roma for Luca Pelegrini and 10 million.

I am surprised Juventus got rid of Spina because he played better than Sandro when he came back from injury.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Spot on, just Kroenke can show some ambition and let us sign expensive big names that push us closer to contending for winning the League and Champions League once again, but I don't expect it to happen. Our squad depth on paper looks the second weakest ( after Tottenham), but our starting 11 looks relatively strong with everyone fit. Chelsea will probably finish third if us, United and the ****** don't strengthen. My current prediction would be

3. Chelsea
and a toss up between Arsenal, United and the club without fans and trophies for fourth

Why did you list Arsenal twice?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think Spurs are a clear #3 at the moment with the questions surrounding Arsenal, Chelsea and United in terms of pre-season rankings. Anything can happen in the actual season from injury to unexpected results, but 4th is very much up for grabs...and not just by those 3 teams either.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think most would agree that it is still too early in the window to make full predictions on where the big 6 will land. As stated above there are also too many question marks with some of the bigger teams causing for more uncertainty.

I also think there will be some solid competition from Wolves and Leicester, not necessarily for top 4 but they could add to the drama at the top of the table.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I think Spurs are a clear #3 at the moment with the questions surrounding Arsenal, Chelsea and United in terms of pre-season rankings. Anything can happen in the actual season from injury to unexpected results, but 4th is very much up for grabs...and not just by those 3 teams either.

You think so? On paper they look worse than Chelsea, and not stronger than Arsenal and United. Spurs have worse depth, a weaker bench and less quality youngsters that can break through compared to the rest of the top 6. Their starting 11 is pretty strong though, but the midfield looks very weak and the fullbacks are poor.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

You think so? On paper they look worse than Chelsea. Spurs have worse depth, a weaker bench and
I think most would agree that it is still too early in the window to make full predictions on where the big 6 will land. As stated above there are also too many question marks with some of the bigger teams causing for more uncertainty.

I also think there will be some solid competition from Wolves and Leicester, not necessarily for top 4 but they could add to the drama at the top of the table.

Not just Wolves and Leicester, Everton and West Ham also look strong. I think it is highly unlikely that any of them manage to finish in the top 6 though

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I would trade all of the last 3 FA Cups for a title in a heart beat. Love you Ramsey and all your heroics, but the league is so much more.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not just Wolves and Leicester, Everton and West Ham also look strong. I think it is highly unlikely that any of them manage to finish in the top 6 though

Everton was one of the more underwhelming teams to me last season. Especially after all the money they spent last summer. Maybe they come out stronger this season, however I'm not sold on it .

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I would trade all of the last 3 FA Cups for a title in a heart beat. Love you Ramsey and all your heroics, but the league is so much more.

Well that's pretty obvious. But there are people that somehow forget that Arsenal has won more trophies recently than Spurs.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Well that's pretty obvious. But there are people that somehow forget that Arsenal has won more trophies recently than Spurs.

I would trade them too, but that still does not change the fact that we have won a lot more than Spurs, and Liverpool too, in the Premier League era

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I would trade them too, but that still does not change the fact that we have won a lot more than Spurs, and Liverpool too, in the Premier League era

Don't put Liverpool in this conversation. They just won the CL.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Everton was one of the more underwhelming teams to me last season. Especially after all the money they spent last summer. Maybe they come out stronger this season, however I'm not sold on it .

Everton are extremely inconsistent, but on their day they can beat anyone. Their counter attack mindes style of play and defensive solidity really favours matches against top 6 opponents, but they often slip up against lesser opposition when they are expected to have a lot of the ball. Same goes for Wolves really.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Don't put Liverpool in this conversation. They just won the CL.

Well I am talking about recent history, which involves League titles too, where Arsenal have won a lot more than Liverpool. They are better now but before 2016-17, Arsenal where better than Liverpool almost non stop for 30-35 years

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Well I am talking about recent history, which involves League titles too, where Arsenal have won a lot more than Liverpool. They are better now but before 2016-17, Arsenal where better than Liverpool almost non stop for 30-35 years

Wrong again. I will be the one to point out that you don’t have to convince everyone else of these delusions. You believe them and that’s good enough, it’s best for everyone that you keep them to yourself.

Reactions: Chimaera and gary69

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Wrong again. I will be the one to point out that you don’t have to convince everyone else of these delusions. You believe them and that’s good enough, it’s best for everyone that you keep them to yourself.

What am I wrong about? Look at facts. Since the Premier League began, Arsenal have 3 Leagues, one of them an invincible season, and 8 FA Cups. Liverpool have 0 Leagues, 2 Fa Cups and 2 Champions Leagues. Arsenal have clearly been a lot more succesfull looking at titles and finished above Liverpool most seasons. It is delusion to call me wrong on this one when the stats clearly show Arsenal have dominated Liverpool ever since winning the League at Anfield in 1989

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Could we please stay on topic? I’m browsing this thread to see if Saliba has finally signed for Spurs - not reading through page after page of trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad