Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg458

Capstronaut
Jan 31, 2008
Boston
PSG went all out and offered De Ligt a paycheck of 15M per year. The rumored imminent deal with Juve has Juve paying De Ligt 14M per year. It was De Ligt's demand of a release clause that PSG couldn't honor. De Ligt also wanted PSG's cooperation to work out a move abroad if he didn't like Ligue 1. PSG backed out and I don't blame them.

Juventus is the perfect place for him I think.
Are income taxes in Italy and France comparable, or are those after-tax salaries?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I don't think Juventus is the perfect place for him. I'm not sure what the perfect place for him is, but I don't see Juventus as any better than anywhere else.

De Ligt's biggest weakness is that he wants to conquer or keep the ball at all costs, even in risky defensive situations. He's good at it, too, but I like to see him take less risks and just hammer the ball if need be. Also, while I think he's very tough, and immensely battle tested at such a young age, he can be a bit more aggressive; grow a bit of a mean streak and become more intimidating. I think Juve's CB's, and Juve's playing style can learn him a thing or two on those subjects. I think the Serie A will toughen him up more. Not sure about La Liga. He'd might've become a better player with the ball there, but it's already one of his biggest assets. Nitpicking, though, as I see De Ligt flourish everywhere.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I see Dugarry had a go at De Ligt.

Are they planning on buying him and then reselling him for profit? Crazy price for him.

I don't think Juventus is the perfect place for him. I'm not sure what the perfect place for him is, but I don't see Juventus as any better than anywhere else.

I wouldn't say that. I can see not wanting to be tied down to a club unwilling to sell. That said if he really is thinking of playing elsewhere then why not do it now so long as said club(s) is/are interested?
Yeah for once Dugarry is saying what everyone thinks. De Ligt's demands are unrespectful.

They just sold their starter (to Lyon), so I'm guessing they'll play him at least one year (the loan is 2 years) and activate the clause. Can't believe Sampdoria is 1/ selling him and 2/ for a loss.

Yeah I don't see Juve as a perfect place for anyone who enjoys football, but that's just me. They're right with Marseille on my hate list, and their defensive and cheating DNA is digusting.

Well I would. You don't want to be tied down? You sign a shorter 3 year contract and you can force your way out in 2 years rather than impose a release clause and a "I don't like hookers around here" clause.

Reactions: gary69

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Are income taxes in Italy and France comparable, or are those after-tax salaries?
No, they're not, but people here never take it into account.
France is IIRC the most taxed country in Europe, or pretty close to it. A player will make less money with the same salary in France than Spain, England or Italy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sevilla has made a 13M offer for Ocampos.
Anything for this guy is a win. OM will probably sell.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also Lyon is trying to buy Youssouf Kone out of Lille. Tremendous signing if they manage. He'd replace Ferland Mendy.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well I would. You don't want to be tied down? You sign a shorter 3 year contract and you can force your way out in 2 years rather than impose a release clause and a "I don't like hookers around here" clause.

Yeah, but a 3 year contract doesn't help the club who just shelled out 75 million or so for you.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also, I understand why Aulas is trying to structure the Ndombele deal the way it is.
Spurs would pay 70M and add 15M in bonuses.
Except that apparently (I'm not sure of this), bonuses aren't included in the % Amiens would get out of the transfer.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
@Evilo
You keep referring to Sampdoria. It's Fiorentina who bought and played Lafont

I want to ask you a question too. How's Rabiot's strength, heading, and tackling? It looks like Rabiot is going to be announced.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Damn, Fiorentina, you're right :facepalm:

Rabiot's strong enough. Tackles well, heads decently. Only drawbacks are : he looks a bit slow (looks rather than is tbh), and he can be nonchalant. Then what's in his head of course. But in pure football terms, he's got it all to dominate. You know how it is though sometimes players are passive. When he's focused, Rabiot can absolutely take over games.

Reactions: Gecklund

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
From a brief scan, that’s not really relevant. It looks like the top bracket in France is 45% and in Italy %43, so not a huge difference. Still, I wonder how much that type of thing plays into players choices.

That article also does not entirely address it. The law is supposed to attract rich people to move to Italy, because of course rich people really need more tax breaks. See below:

Huge tax reduction for foreign players who move to Italy
Under the new tax law players who move to Italy from abroad will be given a tax exemption covering 50% of their salaries, meaning a player earning €10M euros would only be taxed on €5M. That would give a tax bill of around €2.15M at the top rate of 43%, which is an effective rate of 21.5% (compared to 45% in Spain or the UK). Given that players almost always receive their salaries net of tax, that is the club pays both the salary and the tax, this new regime makes it far cheaper for Italian clubs to bring in foreign players.

New tax regime for players who move to Italy boosts Serie A financial firepower

Reactions: Juve

kg458

Capstronaut
Jan 31, 2008
Boston

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Nope. Disagree. Donnarumma is a huge downgrade in net. An outfield equivalent would be going from Paul Pogba to Mark Noble.
If Ole is really serious about changing the dynamic in the dressing room, this is a move that, while a gamble, could prove fruitful in the end. De Gea has been difficult with every single contract so far. That starts to rub other guys in the room and the board the wrong way over time

De Gea is the much better keeper right now, but Donnaruma is young and oozing potential. I'm not sure that this is going to be true for much longer.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Damn, Fiorentina, you're right :facepalm:

Rabiot's strong enough. Tackles well, heads decently. Only drawbacks are : he looks a bit slow (looks rather than is tbh), and he can be nonchalant. Then what's in his head of course. But in pure football terms, he's got it all to dominate. You know how it is though sometimes players are passive. When he's focused, Rabiot can absolutely take over games.

Thanks. Not that bad, the head part of the game can always be fixed. Chiellini can always give him a couple of shots across the head to set him straight.
Can he potentially turn into a "destroyer" type midfield? That's what we have been lacking since Vidal and Pogba(ish) have left.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Nope. Disagree. Donnarumma is a huge downgrade in net. An outfield equivalent would be going from Paul Pogba to Mark Noble.

What is people's issue with Donnarumma?

He had a very good season. Best save percentage in Serie A of any goalie playing 3000+ minutes at 75.6%. Great for a 20 y/o.

Reactions: Fro

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If Ole is really serious about changing the dynamic in the dressing room, this is a move that, while a gamble, could prove fruitful in the end. De Gea has been difficult with every single contract so far. That starts to rub other guys in the room and the board the wrong way over time

De Gea is the much better keeper right now, but Donnaruma is young and oozing potential. I'm not sure that this is going to be true for much longer.
I just don't rate Donnaruma in the slightest. Every time I see him he makes dumb mistakes and is just absolute garbage. If we sell DDG (first of all where are we selling him) I'd much prefer to go after someone like Onana, who will probably be cheaper. Just to throw out a few other names that I'd rather go for before Gigi, Pau Lopez, Thomas Strakosha, Mike Maignan, and Alphonse Areola. I would have had Alban Lafont at the very top of the list.

What is people's issue with Donnarumma?

He had a very good season. Best save percentage in Serie A of any goalie playing 3000+ minutes at 75.6%. Great for a 20 y/o.
He has never passed the eye test for me. Every time I watched him (which admittedly probably isn't as much as I should) he just seems to make stupid mistakes and errors and he just doesn't seem to have the ability for the PL yet. Yes I could be entirely wrong and I understand that, but my personal opinion is that if we are spending that much I'd want much closer to a sure thing. While none of the guys I listed are a sure thing, they would cost much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad