Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund have started negotiations for Ianis Hagi.

We also extended the third keeper Oelschlagel because Unbehaun, a keeper in the academy who is very highly rated and was supposed to go into the first team from the U-19's, had knee surgery last month.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Freiburg has made a bid for 17 year old Cole Bassett who plays as a CM in MLS for Colorado Rapids. I don't think he's good enough to play for Freiburg. He plays for the worst team in MLS. The Rapids operate like a second division team. Their roster is very bad, and they often have to play their academy players who aren't that good either. They also have a weak academy. Bassett is one of the better academy products in their first team, but not Bundesliga caliber from what I've seen.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ottersoep said:
Three relatively unknown Eredivisie talents, to be picked up dirt cheap:

1) Ritsu Doan - AM - Groningen ~ 7M

Offensively very gifted. Moves and thinks quickly with the ball. A true playmaker with a great shot. Strong on both feet. Though wildly inconsistent and can disappear for stretches. Value took a bit of a hit with a worse year statistically, but he was every bit as decisive and solid.

Fitting teams: Arsenal, Everton, West Ham, Wolves, Ajax, Leverkussen, Gladbach, Sevilla

2) Michel Vlap - AM - Heerenveen ~ 4M

Tall, lanky, somewhat goofy looking midfielder, but don't let that fool you. Bergkamp-esque player in that he has so much touch in his feet. Only seems to score beautiful goals. Somewhat weak defensively or in battles and can be a bit nonchalant at times, but a true wizard once he has the ball. Very high football IQ - scored 16 goals and added 4 assists in the domestic race for Heerenveen this year.

Fitting teams: Atalanta, Anderlecht, Hoffenheim, Feyenoord, Newcastle, Southampton.

3) Jerdy Schouten - CM/DM - Excelsior ~ 2M

Smart, Frenkie de Jong-like player. Runs a lot and does a lot of defensive work that goes unnoticed. Fills gaps, tackles extremely well. Has some depth in his game as well, but contributing on the stat sheet for an offensive inept Excelsior team is challenging to say the least.

Fitting teams: Italian teams most likely, such as Lazio, Udinese, Fiorentina, or teams such as Feyenoord, Frankfurt, Southampton.

I should be a scout..

Jerdy Schouten appears to be on his way to Bologna for 2M. Surprised there weren’t any other sides being as aggressive. Quite a bargain these day.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Brb gonna go find a random starting XI that United used last year that left them undefeated and use it to claim they’re actually better than Liverpool and City if they can just field that lineup consistently.

Makes about as much sense and somehow stretching Arsenal without Guendouzi to the whole season

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I also like the "promising U23" Hector Bellerin.
Who's not promising and not U23. He's O24.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Yeah in those 13 games where Guendouzi played in part of 8, Arsenal was just about champs.

When's our parade?

Depressing reminder that we received a total of 5M for Gnabry and Ramsey, who could start for just about any team in Europe.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I also liked the Alexander-Arnold best in the league for a few weeks thing. Yeah he might be the best (certainly offensively) right back in the world, it's definitely arguable, but he was never the best player in the league.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I also liked the Alexander-Arnold best in the league for a few weeks thing. Yeah he might be the best (certainly offensively) right back in the world, it's definitely arguable, but he was never the best player in the league.
I’ll settle for him being the best right back in the league.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Guys, it's not just the 13 sample size games. In those 13 games, Guendouzi ACTUALLY played in 8.

He didnt start them, and came on late in most. Of the 5 games he didnt play in at all in the Prem, we won every one besides drawing with Liverpool on one occasion.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Brb gonna go find a random starting XI that United used last year that left them undefeated and use it to claim they’re actually better than Liverpool and City if they can just field that lineup consistently.

Makes about as much sense and somehow stretching Arsenal without Guendouzi to the whole season
I never ever even implied we would be on par without Guendouzi and never said we would be on par for a whole season, you are either ridiculous or just not smart enough to understand what I meant,. I just quoted a stat to show the extreme difference with and without Guendouzi.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I also like the "promising U23" Hector Bellerin.
Who's not promising and not U23. He's O24.

You called Guendouzi 18 and not 20 so it goes both ways. How is Bellerin not promising? He is like the third or fourth best RB in the Prem

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Could we please stay on topic? I’m browsing this thread to see if Saliba has finally signed for Spurs - not reading through page after page of trolling.

I think he will go to Arsenal instead because who on earth would want to play for a club that can't even fill half of their stadium

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I think he will go to Arsenal instead because who on earth would want to play for a club that can't even fill half of their stadium

I'll try to keep this as relevant to the thread as possible. Here are a few larger reasons why a player might want to join Spurs:

- CL club. Recent runners-up.

- Have had a very clear upwards trajectory over the past decade, showing no signs of stopping thanks to a sustainable business model focusing on smart, long-term investments.

- A very good manager that has proven to be great at bringing the best out of his players and developing them.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I'll try to keep this as relevant to the thread as possible. Here are a few larger reasons why a player might want to join Spurs:

- CL club. Recent runners-up.

- Have had a very clear upwards trajectory over the past decade, showing no signs of stopping thanks to a sustainable business model focusing on smart, long-term investments.

- A very good manager that has proven to be great at bringing the best out of his players and developing them.

I was obviously making a joke, as I hope you understood, although the CL football is the only real argument I can think of for picking Tottenham. Arsenal are a richer club, more than twice as rich than Spurs in fact, with more financial stability than Spurs, but the question is if the owner is willing to spend obviously. Arsenal also have a good manager that has proven to be good at developing and giving chances to youngsters, while also being a winner, winning lots of titles throughout his career, something that can't be said about Pochettino.

The fans aspect and the historical aspect might tempt players to pick the bigger club too, being Arsenal. Besides playing CL football for one season there is no reason to pick Spurs over Arsenal, and Saliba likely wouldn't be a starter next season for any of the clubs regardless. Since the difference was a single point, I don't think Saliba sees Tottenham as a far superior squad at the moment.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I’ll settle for him being the best right back in the league.

I never said that, although I said he was that for a few games. Wow you guys are really trying to misunderstand on purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad