Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Azpilicueta created more chances this season actually. Clear cut chances it was the same, they had the same assists. Azpilicueta is better by far considering defense. So, I also love it when posters don't know what they're talking about.
You know that Bellerin missed 3/4 of the season right? I would hope for your sake that Azpili had the assists and chances created compared to a player who missed almost the entire season. Actually having the same amount of assists pretty much says that Bellerin is the better player.

Reactions: KJS14

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You know that Bellerin missed 3/4 of the season right? I would hope for your sake that Azpili had the assists and chances created compared to a player who missed almost the entire season. Actually having the same amount of assists pretty much says that Bellerin is the better player.

It was half the season that Bellerin missed. Do you not see they're comparable offensively and one shits all over the other on defense.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Haven't seen a fee for Rafinha recently, but I'm guessing about 15 million. That link you provided says 10.5 million for Denis, so maybe they land at 12 million? That would be a net spend of about 16 million, and that's including both the De Jong and Emerson transfers along with Neto.

Hoping they get a bit more for Denis, Gerard Romero says it may be 15M;

The club is doing a better job offloading talent for money, still pales in comparison to how Real’s getting things done.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Hoping they get a bit more for Denis, Gerard Romero says it may be 15M;

The club is doing a better job offloading talent for money, still pales in comparison to how Real’s getting things done.

Yeah, but that's with variables. Anyway, Madrid should be getting more depending on the player because their players despite not having done much recently are at least playing. Rafinha injured, again, and Denis hardly playing mean they won't garner much attention. Also have to consider contract situations and Madrid has signed their players to longer deals in recent years. Either way the club is making a profit from the sales of Rafinha and Denis and it's just good to get them off the books.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Azpilicueta created more chances this season actually. Clear cut chances it was the same, they had the same assists. Azpilicueta is better by far considering defense. So, I also love it when posters don't know what they're talking about.

Bellerin is a turd, but to be fair if you're talking overall numbers here and not per match or per 90 minutes it's not really a fair comparison considering Azpilicueta had about double the minutes.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Bellerin is a turd, but to be fair if you're talking overall numbers here and not per match or per 90 minutes it's not really a fair comparison considering Azpilicueta had about double the minutes.

The stats everyone used to use are now broken, so it's impossible to figure that out I think.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I honestly don´t see the comparison. Azpilicueta is vastly superior to Bellerin at the moment. Now it is up to Bellerin to prove that he can get back on the promising track he once was on.

Ah. #$%"$# I thought this was the PL thread.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
It was half the season that Bellerin missed. Do you not see they're comparable offensively and one ****s all over the other on defense.

You literally just showed the stats that says they are not comparable offensively, as Bellerin is clearly better going forward. I get that a new overzealous Arsenal poster has come in and everyone wants to dump on us now, but this was a bad take. Bellerin is better offensively, and Azpi is better defensively.

I honestly don´t see the comparison. Azpilicueta is vastly superior to Bellerin at the moment. Now it is up to Bellerin to prove that he can get back on the promising track he once was on.

He was having a pretty good season last year before getting injured, and I don't see how Azpi is vastly superior. They are very different players, and Bellerin has still showed his potential despite not having a real winger to play/combine with in a while now.

Ah. #$%"$# I thought this was the PL thread.

On the topic of actual transfer rumors, Arsenal should definitely not pay over 40M for Zaha. I would much rather see Reiss Nelson playing the wing and spend our transfer budget on LB (Tierney), CB (Saliba, Kimpembe?), etc.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
De Ligt to Juve could be made official after this weekend.

Lots of signals that the De Ligt deal will be announced tomorrow. Deal is said to be around 80M, including bonuses. Knowing Overmars a bit, those bonuses are easy money.

Ajax has foreseen this for a while now and have, IMO, panicked a bit in terms of replacing him. They will now have seven CB's in the hope two work out; Daley Blind (academy, but costed them 18M), Joël Veltman (academy), Perr Schuurs (2M), Kik Pierie (4M), Lisandro Magallan (8M), Lisandro Martinez (6M) and according to reports, have also signed Edson Alvarez (12M), a highly touted CB who mentioned he and his club came to an agreement in the Mexican media yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juve

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Certainly agree that Arsenal shouldn´t break the bank for Zaha. Even more so when they got potentially a very solid striking partnership in Lacazette / Aubameyang.

I would try to build around that in a 4-4-2 - either traditional or more likely as a diamond these days. Either way Zaha doesn´t fit.

Zaha would make a lot more sense for Spurs, but thankfully it seems like Pochettino is happy with Son and Lucas in that roaming second striker role Zaha would play in at WHL.

I´m not a huge fan of Zaha. He is not clever enough, but I think he is getting slightly underrated on here these days. He is a force. In a proper team he would be hard to contain for the opposition. Surprised Utd are not chasing him. Maybe because they feel Rashford plays that role?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Celtic need to sit tight and wait for the right money in today’s market. 25 million is still crap compared to what’s going around but 25 Mill is still 25 Mill.

Hopefully Celtic can put some of that towards wages and bring some talent in to make a push for the second round in the CL.

For a team that has DOMINATED Scotland for close to a decade it’s a shame they didn’t take advantage of a weak domestic league and improve in Europe.

Zombie Rangers are making noise again and it won’t be long until they are spending the big bucks and challenging for the league.
Zombie rangers will go bust again before they spend big bucks and challenge for the league.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would take at least Trent, Pereira, Azpi, Doherty, Coleman, Dalot and Aurier over Bellerin. Walker is a joke too.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not sure if I would take Spurs’ 4th best RB over Bellerin, but agree with the sentiment.

That said. Bellerin got some ability and he finally showed some promise again last season. So difficult to rank him.

Same can be said for Aurier in terms of ranking. Clearly he isn’t really as bad as he has been for Spurs, but time is running out. And now injured again. Hoping for another Sissoko, but I highly doubt it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
On the topic of actual transfer rumors, Arsenal should definitely not pay over 40M for Zaha. I would much rather see Reiss Nelson playing the wing and spend our transfer budget on LB (Tierney), CB (Saliba, Kimpembe?), etc.

I will be extremely peeved if Arsenal do not have Nelson in the squad come the start of the season. I think the rumours of another loan have died out which is nice

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Juve have a stacked lineup, but their teams in 04-06 were better and they were ousted by Deportivo, Liverpool and Arsenal in the CL those seasons. Not ready to declare them as CL favorites with the MDL/Rabiot signings.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The fact that it’s that close with Bellerin missing the majority of the season isn’t exactly helping your argument. I guess this is where I too say I love it when posters don’t know what they’re talking about.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

Can't wait to hear how Tierney will magically be a bad player once he dons the Arsenal kit.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Juve have a stacked lineup, but their teams in 04-06 were better and they were ousted by Deportivo, Liverpool and Arsenal in the CL those seasons. Not ready to declare them as CL favorites with the MDL/Rabiot signings.

The midfield is still a question mark. You don't really know what you're getting in Rabiot and Ramsey. It is ten times better than it was last season with Khedira(healthy) and Matuidi. I'd be more reassured if they brought back Pogba or get Savic.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very good day for Schalke. They signed the ultra-talented Ozan Kabak. He preferred Schalke to Bayern because he didn't want to wait for Bayern to sell Boateng. Weston McKennie, their best player, also signed an extension to 2024, although I think he'll go in another year or two.

There are rumors in the English papers that Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool all want to sign JBL. Anything above 15M for him would be an excellent price. He's not any good. I might even take 10, but a bidding war from three big English clubs could drive up the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad