Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wan-Bissaka's fee would be stupid high, but at least there's potential for a special talent there.

Maguire for 75+ would be idiotic (as I've said before). Yes, he's better than what United have now, although only just, but he has virtually no ceiling left to climb to. What you see now is what you're gonna get. He'd be alright if you had an elite CB beside him, but if he's your best defender you're gonna have a bad time (which is very similar to Matip)

I don't think the comment of "Players you can finish 6th with" is automatically true, however if you're paying 130m for those kinds of players, 6th is about all you can hope for. If United got the pair of them for 40m combined most people would say it's an excellent piece of business and really improves the team.

Unfortunately, should United indeed go for those two (I wouldn't mind going for Aarons instead of Wan-Bissaka after having read that article) and pay 100-130 million, it'll turn out to be more realistic transfers than getting someone outside the UK for cheaper. We know it's not happening because:

1. Ed Woodward
2. Teams don't want to sell
3. Ed Woodward
4. Player doesn't want to leave (at all/for United)
5. Ed Woodward
6. If the club is prepared to sell and the player wants to come, the transfer price is ludicrously high because United.
7. Ed Woodward

So basically if those two are bought for a combined fee of 120-130 million, then it will be as good as it gets.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Liverpool appear to be moving ahead of Tottenham and Manchester United in the bid for Portuguese midfielder Bruno Fernandes.

Liverpool are planning to start their summer spending on Fiorentina attacker Federico Chiesa, according to reports in Italy.

Liverpool have reportedly made an initial enquiry over the availability of Cardiff City goalkeeper Neil Etheridge.

Maxwel Cornet has welcomed talk of Liverpool being interested in snapping him up this summer, with the Lyon forward flattered to be generating such speculation.

Memphis Depay may have sparked a lot of rumours linking him with a move to Liverpool this summer, but the club are not interested in signing the Dutchman.

Who is all of this coming from?

Reactions: Jussi

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Who is all of this coming from?
Various papers/sites.

Also this:
Concluding a report on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain‘s impending contract extension, Lynch reports that Pepe “is not considered a target for the Reds, who are aiming to make only minor tweaks to their squad.”

He adds that Liverpool “suspect the club’s name is being used to promote interest in a player who is likely to be involved in one of the biggest moves of the transfer window.”

This follows on from a story from the Liverpool Echo‘s Paul Gorst on Sunday, which follows a similar line in claiming the Reds “have made no contact with Lille.”

A little disappointing. Don't get me wrong I love this squad, but they definitely need another elite forward, if nothing else.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Wow, what a ridiculous answer.
Grow up man.
YES it's EXTREMELY common that players ask for such things in contract negociations.

"lol this clubs kills me". Your own words.

What a ****ing insight you brought here again. You come up with a dime a dozen example of negociation arguments between a club and a player (nobody even knows if they're true), you start with "lol this club kills me" and when you're called out for saying "this" club and also because it's quite common, you talk about "insight", Mbappe's talk at the awards (which was never anything I talked about in my post), etc...

Man, just admit it, that's just bad.

They dont give out best player of The season awards at contract negociations. Neither do the players give a speach infront of 100's of media members.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
6. If the club is prepared to sell and the player wants to come, the transfer price is ludicrously high because United.

You keep repeating this and many United fans do. This is because the owners and Woodward are massively incompetent.

Outside of Liverpool and City, who United aren't going to deal with anyway, no one is putting this fantasy United tax on. It's a moron in charge getting taken.

If they put in people who were good at their job, this would stop. and I really wish fans would stop repeating this bullshit and trying to play a victim here.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They dont give out best player of The season awards at contract negociations. Neither do the players give a speach infront of 100's of media members.
Let me know when Mbappe said he wanted to shoot penalties at the award ceremony. In that case, MAYBE your post would make sense.

Right now, it doesn't.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Let me know when Mbappe said he wanted to shoot penalties at the award ceremony. In that case, MAYBE your post would make sense.

Right now, it doesn't.
I sayd nothing about penalties did I? Have you read or heard what he sayd? If so it shouldnt be too hard to understand.

Career Cross Roads
I want More responsobility here in PSG or another project

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Grow up man.

Wait, you're asking me to grow up? Do you just forget everything you say here every night when you go to bed?

You're either the antithesis of self-aware, or this is the smartest thing you could conjure. Both options aren't great.

YES it's EXTREMELY common that players ask for such things in contract negociations.

Oh, look, you're yelling. Still can't spell 'negotiations' correctly, though. Shame.

"lol this clubs kills me". Your own words.

Yep, I said that. PSG is a joke, do you need me to be any more clear?

What a ****ing insight you brought here again

I like to think I do a fairly good job explaining myself and articulating my points with reason. If people here feel otherwise, I apologize, and I'll try to do better.

You come up with a dime a dozen example of negociation arguments between a club and a player

Demanding penalty duty is a dime a dozen? Hmm, that's interesting. You'd think clubs would have issues with all their players demanding spot-duty.

And it's 'negotiations', Evilo. Don't you have spell-check or something that translates for you? This is three times now.

nobody even knows if they're true

Hence why I said, "hopefully it's true". Or did you miss that when you were glossing over my post with your ego-fueled rage?

and when you're called out for saying "this" club and also because it's quite common, you talk about "insight"

Was I called out? I must've missed that. All I read was a bunch of patronizing common knowledge.

Mbappe's talk at the awards (which was never anything I talked about in my post),

Who cares about what you talked about? It's my post you're crying over, isn't it?

I introduced Mbappe at the award ceremony, because he said he wanted more control, and the post was about demands for... wait for it....more control.

Wow, so outta left-field that was. How could anyone ever decipher the reasoning?

Give me a breather.

Man, just admit it, that's just bad.

Nah, what's "bad" is how insanely biased you are without being able to recognize it. It's actually hilarious at this point.

Do you see the Chelsea supporters freaking out when I rip on their club for things I don't like? No, because they either agree with it, or they know it's just my opinion which shouldn't affect their lives in any way.

You may as well ignore me when I rip on PSG because it's not going to stop. I think that club is a joke and your temper tantrums aren't going to change my mind.

"negotiations", btw. Remember that for next time.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You keep repeating this and many United fans do. This is because the owners and Woodward are massively incompetent.

Outside of Liverpool and City, who United aren't going to deal with anyway, no one is putting this fantasy United tax on. It's a moron in charge getting taken.

If they put in people who were good at their job, this would stop. and I really wish fans would stop repeating this bull**** and trying to play a victim here.

It actually ties into history. Because United have severely overpaid in recent years (thanks to Woodward), thus clubs know they can rate the prize high because there's good chance United will pay it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I sayd nothing about penalties did I? Have you read or heard what he sayd? If so it shouldnt be too hard to understand.

Career Cross Roads
I want More responsobility here in PSG or another project
Still doesn't make your post any more intellegible.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It actually ties into history. Because United have severely overpaid in recent years (thanks to Woodward), thus clubs know they can rate the prize high because there's good chance United will pay it.

Which is exactly what he said. Cuz Woodward is a moron and can’t negotiate teams know they can bully United in transfers. It’s not cuz we’re United or that there is a “United tax”. It’s because Woodward gets bent over time and time again when negotiating a player.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wait, you're asking me to grow up? Do you just forget everything you say here every night when you go to bed?

You're either the antithesis of self-aware, or this is the smartest thing you could conjure. Both options aren't great.
See right under this :

Oh, look, you're yelling. Still can't spell 'negotiations' correctly, though. Shame.

Grow up.
It's negociations in my mother tongue. But surely, you'd rather cling on a single letter change than on the meaning of the words. It makes it easier for you since you really have no ground to defend the trash you posted.

, I said that. PSG is a joke, do you need me to be any more clear?

Soo... Grow up. Still no argument about the link you make between the negoTiations and the club.

Demanding penalty duty is a dime a dozen? Hmm, that's interesting. You'd think clubs would have issues with all their players demanding spot-duty.
Even a 10 year old understand plenty of people ask some thing and don't get them. That's usually called negoTiations.
Too bad you're not there yet.

it's 'negotiations', Evilo. Don't you have spell-check or something that translates for you? This is three times now.
So grow up again.

Nah, what's "bad" is how insanely biased you are without being able to recognize it. It's actually hilarious at this point.
How is it biased exactly? You posted some crap (it's OK, we're on the "summer transfer news and rumors" so surely, you wanted to send some fuel to an Mbappe depature because he's asking to shoot penalties :sarcasm: ), then add something about the club even though this happens in EVERY single club (but your ignorance is quite astonishing) and then you call ME biased?
Hilarious indeed.

may as well ignore me when I rip on PSG because it's not going to stop. I think that club is a joke and your temper tantrums aren't going to change my mind.
Problem is, there's absolutely NO reason to "rip on PSG". It's just you alone in the dark. As often.

"negotiations", btw. Remember that for next time.
And one day when you're a grown up, you'll remember.
I don't expect it before a few years though.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Which is exactly what he said. Cuz Woodward is a moron and can’t negotiate teams know they can bully United in transfers. It’s not cuz we’re United or that there is a “United tax”. It’s because Woodward gets bent over time and time again when negotiating a player.

The big club tax does exist as a perception. When teams are stupid enough to buy players that aren't that good or are unproven yet, it's going to feel like they paid an extra tax because the other team knew they were dumb and took them for a ride. But if you look at what players everyone else bought like Laporte, VVD, Hazard, de Jong, Suarez...those players go for what they're worth.

For the record if City buys Maguire, they're just as guilty of being f***ing stupid.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Still doesn't make your post any more intellegible.
What does that tell about your post where you implied that a award ceremony was the same as contract negotiations.... Or your reading comprehension.

Fact is PSG is joke of a club that has surrendered to absolute player power by catering Neymar. No professionalism or standards, even Tevez golfing at ManCity wasnt as bad

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What does that tell about your post where you implies that a award ceremony was The same as contract negotiations....

Fact is PSG is joke of a club that has surrendered to absolute player power by catering Neymar. No professionalism or standards, even Tevez golfing at ManCity wasnt as bad
"They dont give out best player of The season awards at contract negociations"

Sure, whatever you say chief. If you think the players don't hold the power in most clubs, you are welcome to think what you want. PSG is exactly like every other team here. And their stance on Rabiot should scratch your intellect some day. Or maybe not.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Grow up.
It's negociations in my mother tongue. But surely, you'd rather cling on a single letter change than on the meaning of the words. It makes it easier for you since you really have no ground to defend the trash you posted.

Nah, it's just about the only interesting thing I can find in your posts. If there was something to work with, I'd try, but there isn't. You can keep saying "grow up" if you want. But it's honestly absurd someone with your posting history would tell anyone else to grow up.

Soo... Grow up. Still no argument about the link you make between the negoTiations and the club.

Hey, look, you did it. I'm proud.

What argument needs to be made exactly? You're calling me immature for saying PSG's a joke.

That's about as juvenile as it gets.

PSG set the precedent for absurd player power with Neymar. The owner does nothing but create and perpetuate a culture of dysfunction. Need I go on?

Even a 10 year old understand plenty of people ask some thing and don't get them. That's usually called negoTiations.
Too bad you're not there yet.

I'd love to know the % of players that ask for spot-duty. If it's "dime-a-dozen" territory, I'd be stunned.

Too bad I'm not where, Evilo? I'm right here with you, reading the patronizing bile you've convinced yourself is actually something I don't already know.

How is it biased exactly?

How is what biased? You saying me laughing at PSG over alleged negotiations is too much? I'm fine with that take. I don't mind you disagreeing with that at all.

How you're biased is another matter entirely. I could psychoanalyze your endless displays of insecurity over Ligue 1 if you want. Go back to the Lafont post for a recent example.

(it's OK, we're on the "summer transfer news and rumors" so surely, you wanted to send some fuel to an Mbappe depature because he's asking to shoot penalties

Nah, Mbappe's not going anywhere. I just posted in that thread because I'd been previously posting there. There isn't really a thread for contract demands, so I said why not.

then add something about the club even though this happens in EVERY single club

Nope. I can tell you without a doubt no one has spot-duty in their contract at Roma. Never heard of a player asking for it either. Maybe we just don't have big enough stars, but then again, it is a "dime-a-dozen" demand, so maybe every single player has it. :rolleyes:

and then you call ME biased?

Oh, I'm biased as hell about PSG. Did you get the impression I was trying to hide that?

I just said you're unaware of yours, and I find it amusing.

Problem is, there's absolutely NO reason to "rip on PSG". It's just you alone in the dark. As often.

Yes, no reason at all. :rolleyes:

I'm often alone in the dark? Is this your attempt to minimize my opinion? Do you honestly think I'm the only one here who holds a negative opinion towards PSG?

I'm guessing some just got tired of being attacked every time they said anything.

And one day when you're a grown up, you'll remember.
I don't expect it before a few years though.

I like how you've really tried to drive home the "grow up" stance. Not a bad attempt at a central theme, but unfortunately it really doesn't hold any weight coming from the likes of you.

Like I said: the antithesis of self-aware.

Been a pleasure as always, my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad