Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

lol, this club kills me. Yes, I understand he's a phenom, but a 20-year-old is making demands like this to a mega-club. Think about it. I wonder what started that trend?

The penalties is the best part, tbh. I wonder if Dani Alves and Neymar will allow it.

This is too funny, hopefully it's true.

I wonder how much you know football and its negociations :laugh;
That's what all agents do. They ask for positions, bonuses, penalties, all this shit.
Doesn't mean they get all of them.

Why you would say it's one club problem I have no idea. :dunno:
This is common practice.

And he can't leave unless PSG decide he leaves. That's called a contract.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I love the penalties thing. Not on Mbappe but on all other top players (Ney, CRonaldo, etc). Let the damn coach choose
And the coach chose Neymar as 1 and Cavani as 2.
I think this demand is only because once both were sidelined, Mbappe scored a crazy clip, took the team on his shoulder and shot penalties.
And he came this close to being the best scorer of the season in Europe. If he had played up front all year long he would have scored 40+ goals. :amazed:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
LMFAO at the penalties demand. PSG is gonna be must see TV if Neymar draws one and Mbappe just strolls up demanding to take the kick and doesn't convert. Now imagine this happening more than once. Oh man that's just too good.

Should be coach's decision. Otherwise if he feels he reserves the right to take his own shots then fine

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
And the coach chose Neymar as 1 and Cavani as 2.
I think this demand is only because once both were sidelined, Mbappe scored a crazy clip, took the team on his shoulder and shot penalties.
And he came this close to being the best scorer of the season in Europe. If he had played up front all year long he would have scored 40+ goals. :amazed:

He might have a few absurd seasons. 33 goals in less than 30 games already is.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, he's going to have some sick numbers, no doubt.
I don't know how many games where he didn't even shine much and finished with 2 goals.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It is the coach's decision, given we had the penaltygate between Neymar and Cavani.

I have no idea why some people are making this a big deal. This happens all the time. The bigger deal is that he demands to play up front. He's totally right, but it also means PSG have Cavani to move and replace with a good RW. And moving Cavani is tough because he's an amazing team player and also because the fans absolutely love him above any other PSG player. It's tough to move such a player who shows work ethic, non stop motor and team spirit. And who's still an amazing player too.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
That seems like good business for Lille.

The penalties thing is not surprising, but like you said, it's surprising that it's coming out in the media.

I think really, the image rights is probably the biggest part. His agent is smart to want a bigger cut of his marketing potential as he gets better and more known.

I do think it's going to be pretty funny to try and see him grab the ball from Neymar on penalties.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I wonder how much you know football and its negociations :laugh;

Is this a sentence? ... what is this?

That's what all agents do. They ask for positions, bonuses, penalties, all this ****.
Doesn't mean they get all of them.

Agents ask for things? Wow, what an insight. Thanks.

Why you would say it's one club problem I have no idea. :dunno:
This is common practice.

It's common practice for a 20-year-old to say, "I have learned so much here, and I feel it's maybe the time to have more responsibility. Maybe at PSG, that would give me great pleasure, or maybe elsewhere for a new project.".... at an awards ceremony?

Nice, I'd love to see the rest of the examples.

Why do I say it's a one-club problem? LOL

And he can't leave unless PSG decide he leaves. That's called a contract.

Another stunning piece of insight. I feel blessed to have learned this only now.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Paul Joyce saying Liverpool will want at least 25 million pounds for Lovren to go to AC Milan.

I mean, I'm not sure where that stands in today's market. It also depends on the player. If he wants to stay, I think Klopp will keep him. If he wants more playing time, I know he'll also facilitate it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That's a fair price for Lovren if he's healthy. I'll be a bit sad to see him go; he's had some great moments for the club and clearly loves the team. Plus he's bezzies with Salah!!!

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Note, I think that's how it will be with a number of the bit part players.

If Lallana, Mignolet, Lovren, and even Origi want to move on, it will be facilitated. I think Klopp would prefer to keep Lovren and Origi, but it all depends on how it goes.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Paul Joyce saying Liverpool will want at least 25 million pounds for Lovren to go to AC Milan.

Yeah, I read that rumor too. Personally, I really can't see it happening.

Milan's going to have a relatively limited budget, and it's pretty clear they're going in the direction of youth.

They'll still add vets to supplement the core, but 25m is just way too much for them to spend on a 29-year-old (soon to be 30) CB.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No problem selling Lovren, if he is replaced correctly. I wouldnt want them saving the transfer money for a rainy day. I don't think selling Lovren helps them get a De Ligt, for example, though. If they find a young CB that won't complain about minutes and can also cover LB, sure why not. Not sure who that player is though. With Robertson a little banged up LB cover is key too.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, 18 with incentives might work. For a player of Lovren's talent, even at 29, it's not an awful move.

I do think it would mean Liverpool buys someone, but someone more of the Klavan persuasion than the De Ligt level. I know Liverpool's scouts are itching to snag a stat heavy guy for cheap to play a bit part role and then sell on for profit. I think they also have faith in some of the kids with Phillips and Hoever.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
They should keep an eye on Jan Bednarek and Philip Billing. Those two have a nice statistical profile.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Is this a sentence? ... what is this?

Agents ask for things? Wow, what an insight. Thanks.

It's common practice for a 20-year-old to say, "I have learned so much here, and I feel it's maybe the time to have more responsibility. Maybe at PSG, that would give me great pleasure, or maybe elsewhere for a new project.".... at an awards ceremony?

Nice, I'd love to see the rest of the examples.

Why do I say it's a one-club problem? LOL

Another stunning piece of insight. I feel blessed to have learned this only now.
Wow, what a ridiculous answer.
Grow up man.
YES it's EXTREMELY common that players ask for such things in contract negociations.

"lol this clubs kills me". Your own words.

What a f***ing insight you brought here again. You come up with a dime a dozen example of negociation arguments between a club and a player (nobody even knows if they're true), you start with "lol this club kills me" and when you're called out for saying "this" club and also because it's quite common, you talk about "insight", Mbappe's talk at the awards (which was never anything I talked about in my post), etc...

Man, just admit it, that's just bad.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I'd sell Lovren for 25 as long as he's replaced. I wouldn't want to go into next season with just van Dijk, Matip and Gomez. Don't think Klopp would, either.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool appear to be moving ahead of Tottenham and Manchester United in the bid for Portuguese midfielder Bruno Fernandes.

Liverpool are planning to start their summer spending on Fiorentina attacker Federico Chiesa, according to reports in Italy.

Liverpool have reportedly made an initial enquiry over the availability of Cardiff City goalkeeper Neil Etheridge.

Maxwel Cornet has welcomed talk of Liverpool being interested in snapping him up this summer, with the Lyon forward flattered to be generating such speculation.

Memphis Depay may have sparked a lot of rumours linking him with a move to Liverpool this summer, but the club are not interested in signing the Dutchman.

Also this is the actual tweet from Paul Joyce:

I don't think Lovren is going anywhere.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
130 ****ing million for them two. Not Skriniar and Cancelo. For them two.

AWB I could understand overpaying a little bit for. He’s already one of the best RB’s in the league, homegrown, and is only 21. Plus RB is a huge need for us. MacGuire is completely unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad