Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I was just trying to point out how incredibly close it was, while fans are acting like its a huge difference and that we are literally miles of. With a coach who is only just starting to implement his ideas and promising new talent on the way, I would bet on Arsenal finish above Tottenham next season.

I agree that it was incredibly close to top 4, that being said we were not the only team under performing. Man U, Chelsea, Spurs will all expect to be better next year. The battle for CL is going to be a wild one once again.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Our financial reports are fine, we made a larger profit than Spurs last year. The problem is that Kroenke doesn't want to spend, which admittedly is a huge issue.

Relying on your owner for investments isn't really too great a sign.

While Spurs have young talent, it is nowhere close to Arsenals, not even close.

I can admit that Arsenal's academy looks better, but I disagree about their younger squad players being better.

Can't wait to see what you say if Spurs get Ndombele.

Troy Parrot was severely overshadowed by Folarin Balogun and Sam Greenwood of the same age.

I strongly disagree.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I agree that it was incredibly close to top 4, that being said we were not the only team under performing. Man U, Chelsea, Spurs will all expect to be better next year. The battle for CL is going to be a wild one once again.

Spot on, just Kroenke can show some ambition and let us sign expensive big names that push us closer to contending for winning the League and Champions League once again, but I don't expect it to happen. Our squad depth on paper looks the second weakest ( after Tottenham), but our starting 11 looks relatively strong with everyone fit. Chelsea will probably finish third if us, United and the ****** don't strengthen. My current prediction would be

3. Chelsea
and a toss up between Arsenal, United and the club without fans and trophies for fourth

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

I'm not sure if Chelsea's situation is going to be good. Transfer ban plus losing their manager.

Also OGS's honeymoon period is over so we will have to see how he manages a team in a full season.

It seems like Arsenal is aiming for a full rebuild by having Ljungberg as a first team coach to transition youth players to the first team. If that's the case I don't expect top 4 from Arsenal.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Relying on your owner for investments isn't really too great a sign.

I can admit that Arsenal's academy looks better, but I disagree about their younger squad players being better.

Can't wait to see what you say if Spurs get Ndombele.

I strongly disagree.

We arent reliant on our owner, we made a huge profit of 112 million pounds, but Kroenke spends it on Yachts and the Rams.

Looking at young squad players, I think Alli basically is the only one you have that would make Arsenals best team.

Time will tell so lets leave it there because you seriously seem biased ( I know seem biased too but some of the things you have said seem ridiculous). Sam Greenwood, Arthur Okonowo, Folarin Balogun and Xavier Ameachi all look more promising than all of the Spurs youngsters in the same age in my eyes, and it is no wonder Arsenal crushed the U18 opposition.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
We arent reliant on our owner, we made a huge profit of 112 million pounds, but Kroenke spends it on Yachts and the Rams.
Time will tell so lets leave it there because you seriously seem biased ( I know seem biased too but some of the things you have said seem ridiculous)

I may have misinterpreted the Kroenke thing.

What other ridiculous things have I said?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->