Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Rumors about Eriksen signing a new 4 year contract with Spurs. Obviously would be pretty silly if he went to Spain to sit on the bench. RM not being convinced might kill this off before it starts.

Could see a Coutinho happening of course. I would be fine with that.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I really respect that he's willing to sign a new contract and not let it run down. But even if he isn't sold this summer and gets a new contract, I think the club would respect his wish and let him move elsewhere if say Real Madrid wanted him again later.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There are plenty of rumors out there about Leonardo trying to sign Rabiot back to PSG. Rabiot and Henrique can't stand each other.

BTW, the 3 reasons why Barca backed off from the contract with him are out :
1/ They signed De Jong.
2/ Rabiot refused to play 6.
3/ Rabiot's mom asked for more bonus.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sounds like, unlike Barcelona with Coutinho, Real Madrid recognize that Eriksen isn't worth what it would take to get him.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
All depends I guess. At his best Eriksen is good enough for any team in the world, but he probably isn’t consistent enough for RM. Could he be? Probably.

Better player than a lot of the offensive players currently playing at RM.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think Eriksen strikes more on the lines of solid, underrated, not a lot of flash, and I don't know that it works for what Madrid want and need to do.

I think his type of talents get a bit lost in the shuffle there. Maybe he wants a new challenge, but i'm not sure there's a club who can or will realistically give it to him. I think Liverpool would fit his needs, but I don't think FSG wants to go raid Spurs, nor would Levy really let them.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Eriksen's outstanding. So, so, clever. His pace is about the only thing you could nitpick.

If he stays at Spurs, that's a gigantic win for that club.

Reactions: Havre

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
If Spurs could keep Eriksen and add N’Dombele.... couldn’t care less about anything else happening then. Going from Wanyama/Dier to N’Dombele would be some upgrade. Keep the rest fit and the squad is very good.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
If Spurs could keep Eriksen and add N’Dombele.... couldn’t care less about anything else happening then. Going from Wanyama/Dier to N’Dombele would be some upgrade. Keep the rest fit and the squad is very good.

Don't think there's any chance we get Ndombele sadly.

But I generally agree that we need to get better at CM. We can't have Eriksen being forced to play as deep as he has many times this past season. He's far less effective in that role.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don’t see why not. Obviously if RM are going all in or something, but there are only so many teams N’Dombele would choose over Spurs. And he knows Spurs have wanted him for a long time.

Not saying it is very likely, but Spurs surely got a shot.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
About de Ligt, considering Raiola's tarack record, it's likely he'll try to get him to sign with another club so 3-5 years later, he can milk another huge transfer amount.

Sport have a report on Tuesday which bring Manchester United back into the picture. Oriol Domènech has been on the ‘Club de la Mitjanit’ show, Catalunya Ràdio, and made some claims about De Ligt potentially moving to one club now, and saving Barcelona for the future.

People close to De Ligt are said to have told the defender: “If you go to United, in three years, Barca will pay whatever it is for you.”

Mino Raiola is said to have told Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu that there’s time for the player to move to the Catalan club, but now is the time for minutes.

Considering all the football players that died recently, why couldn't this piece of shit be gone instead...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Can't read the article without a 30 day trial but they used to rely on Barca over paying for the likes of Song/Cesc now they have Xhaka.

The long and short of it is that they had no players to sell and therefore had to operate at a loss while executives were taking money from the club again.

I think Auba may leave to China to do something about this.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
About de Ligt, considering Raiola's tarack record, it's likely he'll try to get him to sign with another club so 3-5 years later, he can milk another huge transfer amount.

Considering all the football players that died recently, why couldn't this piece of **** be gone instead...
Someone that is just doing his job has death wished upon him. wow

The long and short of it is that they had no players to sell and therefore had to operate at a loss while executives were taking money from the club again.

I think Auba may leave to China to do something about this.

Yeah, that makes sense. This will get worse for Arsenal before it gets better. If they don't find new owners then they probably becomes Spurs 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->