Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Why the hell would anyone want Coutinho back at this point?

Would you not want him back cause of the way he left? Would he not be the perfect fit? I feel like a gam breaking CAM would be exactly what Pool need atm.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Would you not want him back cause of the way he left? Would he not be the perfect fit? I feel like a gam breaking CAM would be exactly what Pool need atm.

He’s not a good fit. Every player Liverpool signs should be capable of pushing themselves to the max and he can’t.

Reactions: YNWA14

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
i guess it could also be said that they don't really need anything outide of a less dominant season by City

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kike Marin is hinting Arsenal is interested in signing William Saliba.

@Evilo The talk is that he's the next Varane. Do you agree?
Too early to say, but he has looked exceptionally poised from the get go as an 18 year old starter.
Varane was looked as a phenom from a very early age, so I'd say Boubacar Kamara is more likely to be the next Varane, with his nice technique and soft passing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He’s not a good fit. Every player Liverpool signs should be capable of pushing themselves to the max and he can’t.
He also just isn't that good (relative) of a player. The only reason he was as productive and influential as he was in his best time with Liverpool is because everything went through him. At his best he needs to be the focal point of the team and frankly he's not good enough to be that for a team with title/CL aspirations. Not to mention specifically it's not great for Klopp's teams because he dwells on the ball and slows play down too much. Mane and Salah can dwell on the ball but they're much faster and more direct. It's just a bad fit all around.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Too early to say, but he has looked exceptionally poised from the get go as an 18 year old starter.
Varane was looked as a phenom from a very early age, so I'd say Boubacar Kamara is more likely to be the next Varane, with his nice technique and soft passing.
I truly believe he is able to get a dozen or so starts in the league next season because Koscielny will be hurt, Mustafi will leave and Holding eased back into competition.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Why the hell would anyone want Coutinho back at this point?

He didn’t fit well in Valverde’s Barça this season, but he was good last season and he played his best football in England. I’m sure one of the top teams in England would be interested if he’s available, and it sounds like Chelsea’s one of those teams

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I truly believe he is able to get a dozen or so starts in the league next season because Koscielny will be hurt, Mustafi will leave and Holding eased back into competition.
If he moves, it's to start really.
He has 18 straight starts in L1.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If he moves, it's to start really.
He has 18 straight starts in L1.
I see the impact Diop had with West Ham and I hope one of the young French CBs can do the same at Arsenal.

Opportunity is there for the taking.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Is Kai likely to stay this window?

I don't think his transfer is nearly as far along if it does happen. No release clause, and Leverkusen are likely to ask around 100M for him this summer. Earlier reports suggested that Bayern didn't want to sign him this summer, which lowers his odds of leaving if he has his heart set on Munich, and Leverkusen would prefer to keep him. I could see him leave in 2020 instead.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, I know he's a superstar at this point, but I wouldn't think he has the power to dictate on transfers. Maybe people around him, or the implication of trying to find players who fit with what he does, but I can't think you let a kid of that age run things at a club that massive.

I read the comments more related to the I want to play striker, but I also think there's some of "we don't get this right, I might think about playing in Real or elsewhere". It's not a likely situation, but I do think there's always a specter of taking another option if it comes down to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad