Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Haven't they used him pretty extensively in the new kit campaign?

I know that's not the be all end all, but usually a touch weird. I know the manager would probably be ok with him gone if he can spend the money, and I think the player would like a new place where he actually plays again.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Solid start to the summer for them. Eder and Jovic are both among the best in their age group.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Assuming they sign Hazard as well, they won't have production issues like they did this past season, relative to their standard of expectations.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Wan Bissaka bid going in from United. Also to no one’s surprise Rojo has been told he will not be with the club next season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Paul Joyce has Liverpool in on Lloyd Kelly, who can play LB and CB. He also says there is no set transfer budget. Still don't know that LFC has a lot of incomings. I can re-post the probable outgoings from previous thread if people want it though

Also Joyce says they are working on an extension for Virgil. Nice.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I hope van Dijk stays for the rest of his career. Think it'll be more upsetting for me if he leaves than any other player in the past (though Torres was heartbreaking for me).

Also I'm fine with Lloyd Kelly though I don't know much about him aside from his rave reviews, but would prefer Adam Lewis.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
A family member of Dybala hinted he will leave in the summer.
It was his brother and agent. Not surprised but this is pretty much confirmation he is a goner. Question now is where. He must make the right move unlike his decision to stay at Juve for too long.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Haven't they used him pretty extensively in the new kit campaign?

I know that's not the be all end all, but usually a touch weird. I know the manager would probably be ok with him gone if he can spend the money, and I think the player would like a new place where he actually plays again.
Probably because he's marketable and aside from Ronaldo in NA hardly any of their players are know to the uneducated fan. He's a goner.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Paul Joyce has Liverpool in on Lloyd Kelly, who can play LB and CB. He also says there is no set transfer budget. Still don't know that LFC has a lot of incomings. I can re-post the probable outgoings from previous thread if people want it though

Also Joyce says they are working on an extension for Virgil. Nice.

It is nice to be able to sit and wait on who they might want and not feel pressure to make moves.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He did. That goal against Barca was worth every penny we paid for him. He was a great guy too, easy to root for. Never should've bought damaged good though.
He won the corner that Drogba scored to win the CL as well, and he was also great in the Europa league final. I think a lot of teams would pay $50m for a player that ends up being critical in winning two of the biggest trophies in football for them. Big game Torres.

Like you said he's always just been very likeable. I hated the way things went down with him leaving especially after having heard his side.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You mean the goal that played a very insignificant role in you beating barca? That goal?
I wouldn't say it was completely insignificant. We were completely parking the bus and Barca was all in our end. If Torres didn't score and Barca got one in extra time, then they advance. It was the icing that killed the game. The Ramires goal mattered more, but the Torres one wasn't insignificant at the time it went in, just when the final whistle blew.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He won the corner that Drogba scored to win the CL as well, and he was also great in the Europa league final. I think a lot of teams would pay $50m for a player that ends up being critical in winning two of the biggest trophies in football for them. Big game Torres.

Like you said he's always just been very likeable. I hated the way things went down with him leaving especially after having heard his side.
Had a lot of rough patches, but those high moments made up for it.

Reactions: YNWA14

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
A family member of Dybala hinted he will leave in the summer.

It was his brother and agent. Not surprised but this is pretty much confirmation he is a goner. Question now is where. He must make the right move unlike his decision to stay at Juve for too long.

He also mentioned Dybala is not only player unhappy at the club. Allegri's time is done and everyone sees it but Agnelli. This reminds me of Bergevin/Therrien era, get rid or don't play players with actual talent. I am more surprised Allegri hasn't come out saying "We are a grinding team, accept it!" I hope there's a possibility Dybala stays if we get a new manager. I hate to see him go.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad