Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Milan and Inter reportedly interested in Mustafi and Xhaka respectively. Banter clubs going after banter players.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Anyway, for the right price I think it'd be worth considering, but I just don't see him playing enough for his own good considering what we've seen from Valverde and how he's used other players. I respectfully disagree with @Vasilevskiy that he'd be an Afellayesque signing though. He'd be a pretty good fit. However, I think we need to consider what other players we could get for that sort of money and who might make a bigger impact. For example if we're simply talking Ajax a guy like Van de Beek might be more of what we need.

I agree. I think Ziyech fits the Barca style well, but I think he wants to go somewhere where he can be one of the main cogs. I still think Arsenal would be a perfect fit for him. Fee should be between 25 and 40M.

Van de Beek isn't Barca material, yet. Not sure he'll ever be. He's being a bit overhyped right now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah OL has already received offers from Spurs and Juventus.
He's also PSG's first priority as an 8, and has come to terms regarding a contract. But Aulas wants 100M€.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Official: Lloyd Kelly is going to Bournemouth

Was linked to many of the top six clubs as a backup LB, but is going to Bournemouth to start.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
If I understand it correctly, Spurs made a better offer than Juve.

Edit: Misread the source. It said that Spurs were ready to break their transfer record.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
whats the deal with chelseas transfer ban?

Still in flux, waiting to hear back from CAS. The issue is that all other teams which have gotten this ban were given at least one window before it went into effect (due to pending appeals), and Chelsea haven't been given that. So they're fighting.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Still in flux, waiting to hear back from CAS. The issue is that all other teams which have gotten this ban were given at least one window before it went into effect (due to pending appeals), and Chelsea haven't been given that. So they're fighting.

Actually, no. They did not appeal the ban yet and may just let it be.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I agree. I think Ziyech fits the Barca style well, but I think he wants to go somewhere where he can be one of the main cogs. I still think Arsenal would be a perfect fit for him. Fee should be between 25 and 40M.

Van de Beek isn't Barca material, yet. Not sure he'll ever be. He's being a bit overhyped right now.

A lot of options for Ziyech really. 25-40 million is a no-brainer.

I'm speaking of him more as a backup, and I think he'd be fine in that role. I mentioned him because he's a midfielder who gets in the box and on the end of a play where he can score a goal. He also sets up his teammates well from inside the box. Question for Barça would be do we have someone who can do that and I think we do. Valverde of course doesn't know.

Reactions: Ajacied

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's a good technical player who proves deadly in the box, especially in counter attacks. Competition will be fierced to get him. Good chance he joins Lille.

Reactions: phisherman

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I would love this! He would be great in behind Laca and Auba.

Jul 7, 2009
Kompany has announced he is leaving City.

He wrote a letter thanking the fans and then said the second part of the letter will be about his future.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mutiple big clubs have enquired about OM's Boucacar Kamara. OM needs cash and will sell as much as possible this summer.
But the player today said he won't leave this summer. "Just thinking about it would break my heart". He was an OM fan since childhood.

Damn. I want him on possibly any team but OM.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Damn this is quite the blow to City. I wonder if anyone else will follow

Fernandinho is the only one I could think due to injuries, but that’s really unlikely. Silva is likely gonna retire in the next couple years, but his play style lets him last later in his career than most other players.

Sane may leave, but that’s a result of Pep seeming to hate him as opposed to him really wanting away from City.

In reality they’ll spend another 150 or so on a defender, DM, and another attack because why not and they’ll be just as strong next year.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Kike Marin is hinting Arsenal is interested in signing William Saliba.

@Evilo The talk is that he's the next Varane. Do you agree?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Apparently United have already had negotiations with Joao Felix and are prepared to pay his release clause. According to record and sports witness

Also unrelated but I fully expect City to sign a CB like Koulibaly, Varane, Umtiti, or some other CB that United have been targeting for a year.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
They rumor of de Ligt to Barca is probably more likely but I'm seeing that LFC got to talk to him as well. Him, Trent and VVD is an incredible thought. I hope we can get Coutinho back. Their additions might be enough to put the Reds over next year

But a man can dream

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
He's going back to Anderlecht, signed a 3 year deal as a player/manager :eek:
He'll obviously improve Anderlecht as a player, if he can stay fit, but Club Brugge are still comfortably better. Tough position for him to go into as a new manager.

Who knows what Genk are like next season since we'll probably lose half our team.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Oli McBurnie linked with a move from the Swans to Brighton. My guess is every Swansea player that is under 25 gets a link to Brighton with Potter coming in.

24 goals last campaign, going to be around 12 million pounds, not terrible business. Looks to have a similar skill set as Glen Murray so maybe he is the next player to somehow still score goals at the top level when he reaches 35 plus :p

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
They rumor of de Ligt to Barca is probably more likely but I'm seeing that LFC got to talk to him as well. Him, Trent and VVD is an incredible thought. I hope we can get Coutinho back. Their additions might be enough to put the Reds over next year

But a man can dream
Why the hell would anyone want Coutinho back at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad