Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Just out of curiosity...if Barcelona do buy Griezmann are they still going to have money for de Ligt after they've also already bought de Jong for a large fee? Outside of selling Coutinho for a ridiculous number I can't see where they'll get it.

Jul 7, 2009
Just out of curiosity...if Barcelona do buy Griezmann are they still going to have money for de Ligt after they've also already bought de Jong for a large fee? Outside of selling Coutinho for a ridiculous number I can't see where they'll get it.

Rakatic,Cillisen,Couthino, Gomes, Rafinha, Suarez, Umtiti. Then you have money from the Alcacer transfer.

New shirt deal and I think they took out a loan as well.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Rakatic,Cillisen,Couthino, Gomes, Rafinha, Suarez. Then you have money from the Alcacer transfer.

I'll be surprised if Coutinho and Suarez go. Nobody is paying what Coutinho will cost for Barcelona to save face, and Suarez is still a useful player for them. Rakitic and Cillessen are old, and Gomes and Rafinha won't be worth much. Not sure how much the loan affects the transfer window, but I'm sure they'll figure out a way to get it done. Just seems like a pretty expensive summer for them to get de Jong, de Ligt AND Griezmann. If they can't sell Coutinho I don't think they'll be able to do it.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Umtiti's rumored to be available as well, no?

Sidenote, if you guys get 50m for Rakitic , I'm gunna lol. That is just not good business from Inter.

I obviously love watching Inter do dumb sh**, but it's getting kinda sad for Serie A. Stop dropping heavy dough on 30-year-olds for heaven's sake.

Spend that money on Barella.

Jul 7, 2009
Umtiti's rumored to be available as well, no?

Sidenote, if you guys get 50m for Rakitic , I'm gunna lol. That is just not good business from Inter.

I obviously love watching Inter do dumb sh**, but it's getting kinda sad for Serie A. Stop dropping heavy dough on 30-year-olds for heaven's sake.

Spend that money on Barella.

Yeah, they are worried about his health. Malcom will go as well I would think.

Reactions: les Habs

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I'll be surprised if Coutinho and Suarez go. Nobody is paying what Coutinho will cost for Barcelona to save face, and Suarez is still a useful player for them. Rakitic and Cillessen are old, and Gomes and Rafinha won't be worth much. Not sure how much the loan affects the transfer window, but I'm sure they'll figure out a way to get it done. Just seems like a pretty expensive summer for them to get de Jong, de Ligt AND Griezmann. If they can't sell Coutinho I don't think they'll be able to do it.

I don't know how you can say those players aren't worth much when Liverpool can dump garbage like Ings and Solanke for about 20 million pounds.

Reactions: les Habs
Jul 7, 2009

I was more so saying that it adds up but you are right. There has to be a couple of big players leaving to fund these transfers.

Reactions: YNWA14

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
You probably can get:
25-30 for Andre Gomes
25-30 for Cillessen
70 for Coutinho? (maybe more if some dumb team feels the need)
40-50 for Rakitic
20 for Rafinha.

That should be enough to fund at least the two ajax ones.

Jul 7, 2009
A few teams are going after Rodrigo. He has a 70 million dollar release clause. There is talk the City made an offer and a tier 2 source for Barcelona mentioned that Barca may try to make a bid for him as well.

Thomas Partey agent also mentioned that Inter is a top club and his release clause is only 50 million. So he could maybe be on the move as well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You don't think Gomes won't get a British premium with his good season with Everton?
He isn't British though, which matters.

You probably can get:
25-30 for Andre Gomes
25-30 for Cillessen
40-50 for Rakitic
20 for Rafinha.

These seem reasonable. I think it hinges on whether or not they can find a buyer for Coutinho, and if he accepts going to where they want to sell. Given how much of a stink he put up just to get to Barcelona I doubt he's going to walk off quietly to a non-CL team, and I don't know that there are any CL teams that need/want him.

For me the question is whether they prioritize buying Griezmann or de Ligt in the case that they do not have the funds for both. I'm hoping the former if it means de Ligt ends up at Liverpool because of it. :P

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also Memphis' recent Instagram post about Wijnaldum, and Wijnaldum's response, have fueled more transfer speculation about Memphis since Liverpool scouts were in Lyon recently (reportedly to watch Aouar, N'Dombele and Memphis).

giphy.gif

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Telegraph reporting that De Ligt is tempted by United. Absolutely no way he comes here but I would love him here.
He would definitely get the playing time with United and be an out and out starter from the get go. Something that Barcelona can't offer.

I just don't see it.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
  • De Ligt won't go to United, but lately there are some rumors the supposed imminent move to Barcelona isn't all that certain.
  • Ajax signed Lisandro Martinez for 7M. Deal will be made official shortly.
  • Chelsea now also after Neres.
  • Bayern Leverkussen offered 7M for Daley Sinkgraven, who I seriously hope to get a fair shot at Ajax' midfield next season. He has some de Jong traits in him and he could flourish under Ten Hag.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
  • De Ligt won't go to United, but lately there are some rumors the supposed imminent move to Barcelona isn't all that certain.
  • Ajax signed Lisandro Martinez for 7M. Deal will be made official shortly.
  • Chelsea now also after Neres.
  • Bayern Leverkussen offered 7M for Daley Sinkgraven, who I seriously hope to get a fair shot at Ajax' midfield next season. He has some de Jong traits in him and he could flourish under Ten Hag.
Sinkgraven was really unlucky with the timing of his move to Ajax and his injuries. Very de Jong like. Hope he gets back some consistency and really flourishes going forward.

Reactions: Ajacied

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Icardi's a great finisher, and somewhat functional in build-up play (not quite as bad as people say). He's skilled enough to not hurt you, but he's not Firmino out there knitting the pattern of play together or running his socks off. He's pretty stationary for the most part and just looks for opportunities to time runs into the box.

And the problem is, at this stage of Ronaldo's career, he's not really offering a whole lot outside the 18 either, so you're really combining two dudes that essentially offer the same thing to a team's functionality.

Then, when you combine that problem with their ego's and personalities... well, it looks like a recipe for disaster.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Guardiola and Tuchel ruled out signing Griezmann, guess that pretty much comes down to Barcelona now.

It sounds like Rodri will be leaving Atleti too, that makes it two big rebuilding projects in Madrid this summer.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Probably already all set. Still if it isn't there's always Bayern, Juventus or United.

Llorente rumored to be his replacement. Curious how that happens between the two clubs. Sure Madrid have a lot of players to offload as I've mentioned, but considering the rivalry and surely some other suitors I would think it might be difficult. Of course they could just ask a stupid fee or the player could say he wants to go to Atleti.

Amazing how was certain to stay and now there's a real chance of him moving. I get the others leaving but Rodri should be part of the rebuild in Madrid. He hasn't yet solidified his name internationally there's still growth at Madrid to be done. Plus, he's only been there for a year. Stupid for Atelti to let him walk shows how weak they are ATM. Simeone has his work cut out for him and he can't miss with his buys otherwise his project at Atleti end up in the trash.

As was posted below, his buyout is 70 million. I suppose you could blame Atleti for agreeing to that on their end, but out of their control now. They can do something with that and the Griezmann cash.

Club had a negative net spend last season on top of the coming sales that other have mentioned. Factor those in for the minimums that @Vasilevskiy mentioned, which doesn't even include Umtiti (who definitely should NOT be sold unless he has serious future injury concerns) and with the Coutinho fee being well below what the club will be asking for, and you'd only have to pay for De Ligt of the three big names (De Jong, De Ligt and Griezmann). That includes the Emerson transfer as well. It should also be noted the club won't be done there. They'd likely bring in a Cillessen replacement and are apparently looking at LB.

Unless there's a new shirt deal I don't know about, not really "new". I also don't know about any new loans. However they make a ton from marketing is the point and they had a deep CL run this season along with winning the league and a possible Double on the horizon.

Denis Suarez, not Luis Suarez. Luis Suarez is going nowhere and he's more than useful.

Not sure what amount is "saving face", but if they get what they're looking for I'd say the Coutinho deal simply looks like a loan and not a bad deal at all in the end.

Rakitic and Cillessen both have something to offer and big clubs are apparently interested in both players.

Gomes apparently has some Premiership suitors and the club should get a good fee for him. Rafinha probably not, but that's in large part down to injury concerns.

Yeah, they are worried about his health. Malcom will go as well I would think.

Yep, another one who could very well be sold. Sell him and factor in what I noted above and you've nearly got all three big signings covered.

If Van der Saar becomes the new DoF then maybe?

Still highly unlikely, but Van der Sar (I won't pull an @Jussi and correct you on the spelling) as Director of Football could be a very good move.

A few teams are going after Rodrigo. He has a 70 million dollar release clause. There is talk the City made an offer and a tier 2 source for Barcelona mentioned that Barca may try to make a bid for him as well.

Thomas Partey agent also mentioned that Inter is a top club and his release clause is only 50 million. So he could maybe be on the move as well.

Not interested in Rodri.

Losing Partey, Rodri and Griezmann would be huge, but 240 million for all three all things considered wouldn't be bad. They could do a lot with that, especially this Summer.

He isn't British though, which matters.

These seem reasonable. I think it hinges on whether or not they can find a buyer for Coutinho, and if he accepts going to where they want to sell. Given how much of a stink he put up just to get to Barcelona I doubt he's going to walk off quietly to a non-CL team, and I don't know that there are any CL teams that need/want him.

For me the question is whether they prioritize buying Griezmann or de Ligt in the case that they do not have the funds for both. I'm hoping the former if it means de Ligt ends up at Liverpool because of it. :P

Not getting an English player's fee is one thing, not getting a good sum is entirely another. Rumored fees would be fine and it all adds up.

70 million for Coutinho would likely mean a host of clubs interested, though as I said it's not what the club is looking for.

As was pointed out, they have the money for both. Also though, Griezmann can't be done until July though based on his buyout clause if I'm not mistaken which I think technically puts that fee into a different fiscal year.

Oh, and you should know, De Ligt is in Barcelona RIGHT NOW! :D

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't know how you can say those players aren't worth much when Liverpool can dump garbage like Ings and Solanke for about 20 million pounds.

The reason Liverpool's trash goes for treasure is because all of them are forwards. The market in England for forwards always massively benefits the selling team.

You probably can get:
25-30 for Andre Gomes
25-30 for Cillessen
40-50 for Rakitic
20 for Rafinha.

Not sure about Cillessen and I think Coutinho goes for more, but the rest sounds right.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
No.

He's a great striker. He will score you goals even with an at best mediocre team behind. The catch is he comes with a crazy gold digging ***** wife.

Is she famous in her own rite or just as a player's wife and agent/drama queen? I came across a video on YouTube that said that she pursued Icardi while she was married to and had children with Icardi's friend and teammate. I'm relatively new to soccer so I'm sorry for the newbie questions. From what I saw of his goals, he seems to get into the right areas to score, is good at headers and just has that natural finishing ability. That said he doesn't seem to score many from outside the box with brute strength like Ronaldo can. At best he gives you a second header option and finisher up front alongside Christiano, at worst the Icardi and Wanda sideshow might be a real distraction for a team hoping to win a Champions League crown.

Icardi's a great finisher, and somewhat functional in build-up play (not quite as bad as people say). He's skilled enough to not hurt you, but he's not Firmino out there knitting the pattern of play together or running his socks off. He's pretty stationary for the most part and just looks for opportunities to time runs into the box.

And the problem is, at this stage of Ronaldo's career, he's not really offering a whole lot outside the 18 either, so you're really combining two dudes that essentially offer the same thing to a team's functionality.

Then, when you combine that problem with their ego's and personalities... well, it looks like a recipe for disaster.

If they can add a midfielder that can dribble and pass with the best of them, it could be a really good thing to have 2 high end finishers up front. If not, it's like having 2 snipers in hockey without a playmaking center to get them the puck in shooting areas.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@Savi Been meaning to get back to your post about Ziyech. I personally haven't needed any convincing as I've felt he's a good player for a few years now. I drafted him two years in a row and considering where I got him I'd say he was a very good pick. As for Barça, I think there are pros and cons.

Cons
  • His age wouldn't mean he'd be had at a low fee. Not sure what his personal agreement with Ajax is, it sounds like they're willing to work with him if you go by Overmars comments, but he's still got two years left on his contract and the demand for him has never been higher. So I expect he'll go for more than we'd want to spend considering the club's other targets.
  • Not sure he'd be interested in being a rotational player for us when he's got some big clubs interested in him where he'd likely be a starter or at least get more minutes.
  • He doesn't bring something we don't already have. He does to a degree in a backup.
  • We don't need him. Malcolm is better on the right, but considering the minutes he got/would get there then if he were to stay you'd want to consider him on the left too (where he is fine, but just notably not as good as he is on the right). In midfield he'd hold somebody back too.
  • Much like Malcolm, I think he's notably better on the right.
Pros
  • Really versatile player who is both creative and brings goals. I think the creativity would be more of what we'd see if we signed him.
  • He's grown as a player over the past couple of years from what I've read.
  • Puts up numbers in the Premiership that are similar to what Messi puts up, most important being Man of the Match numbers.
  • Excellent experience at this stage considering he's played a lot in Europe and gone deep in both competitions. Also played in the last World Cup.
  • If he wanted to come I'm sure Ajax would get the deal done for him and we have a good relationship with the club.

Anyway, for the right price I think it'd be worth considering, but I just don't see him playing enough for his own good considering what we've seen from Valverde and how he's used other players. I respectfully disagree with @Vasilevskiy that he'd be an Afellayesque signing though. He'd be a pretty good fit. However, I think we need to consider what other players we could get for that sort of money and who might make a bigger impact. For example if we're simply talking Ajax a guy like Van de Beek might be more of what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad