OT: Summer Fitness Thread

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Morning is bullet proof coffee and then a packet of KetoOS once arriving at the office.
Usually have about 18 oz of water between 8 - 11:30
11:30 head to the gym
For lunch I will usually grab a salad or bring leftovers from whatever Keto meal the wife and I made the night before.
Second packet of KetoOS around 2:30 pm
Another 18 oz of water between lunch and end of the day
Usually have some ranch/buffalo chicken/edamame hummus when I get home before dinner
Dinner is any number of things - burgers, fajitas (there are good low carb wraps), grilled chicken, meatballs, cauliflower casserole, etc.

Rinse and repeat. Some weeks I will snag some Boars head Ham and Salami along with Jalapeno Havarti and have that in a low carb wrap with mayo, mustard for lunch.

If you haven't yet tried it, the Boars Head Virginia ham is excellent.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Morning is bullet proof coffee and then a packet of KetoOS once arriving at the office.
Usually have about 18 oz of water between 8 - 11:30
11:30 head to the gym
For lunch I will usually grab a salad or bring leftovers from whatever Keto meal the wife and I made the night before.
Second packet of KetoOS around 2:30 pm
Another 18 oz of water between lunch and end of the day
Usually have some ranch/buffalo chicken/edamame hummus when I get home before dinner
Dinner is any number of things - burgers, fajitas (there are good low carb wraps), grilled chicken, meatballs, cauliflower casserole, etc.

Rinse and repeat. Some weeks I will snag some Boars head Ham and Salami along with Jalapeno Havarti and have that in a low carb wrap with mayo, mustard for lunch.

Bullet proof coffee?
Packets of KetoOS?
Processed meats?

If I drink lots of of water though. Probably less than you though.

Im still not seeing the difference between Keto and Atkins diet my friend?

Can I eat eggs and bacon every single ****ing morning though...?! With cheese?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I LOVE boats head Cracked Pepper Turkey though!

As well as Boars Head Honey Maple Turkey.

Those are my go-to’s with cold cuts. I still try and lean towards grilled chicken or tuna over those options though.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Bullet proof coffee?
Packets of KetoOS?
Processed meats?

Atkins is phase based while keto is really a lifestyle change.

Bullet proof coffee is a keto friendly brand. Don’t know what keto OS is.

You could have eggs and bacon every morning.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Bullet proof coffee?
Packets of KetoOS?
Processed meats?

Bulletproof coffee is coffee with cream and butter.

KetoOS is a supplement I take to help boost ketones in my body. I would not recommend buying it unless you are serious about doing this as it can be VERY pricey. A 30 day supply for the wife and I was $425. When its just me, I can get away with spending $120 every 30 days because I don't mind the flavors that come in the large tub (much less expensive). My wife being as picky as she is had to have the crazy flavors and they are $130 for 20 packets.

Nothing wrong with some Boars Head meats. Some of their producs are organic, antibiotic free and GMO free.

I wasn't the one who said there was a major difference, IIRC. Atkins is a bit more restrictive in what you can eat early on (no nuts in phase 1 and such).

You can eat eggs and bacon every single morning. But, if you have a thing against processed meats, you would want to stay away from bacon as they are usually loaded with nitrates. I usually do scrambled eggs with cheese on Saturday and on Sunday I make pound of bacon on along with eggs for the wife and I.

:)

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
You guys should include more vegetables, and drop some of the meat. Also be careful with eggs, bad cholesterol. Low fat dairy products are good, I drink plenty of milk. The high quality protein is excellent when building muscles.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
You guys should include more vegetables, and drop some of the meat. Also be careful with eggs, bad cholesterol. Low fat dairy products are good, I drink plenty of milk. The high quality protein is excellent when building muscles.
I eat like no vegetables it’s the worst thing I do.. I just can’t find one I like enough to make myself eat. I can force broccoli and asparagus but when push comes to shove it ends up just going bad in my fridge before I finish it all

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I eat like no vegetables it’s the worst thing I do.. I just can’t find one I like enough to make myself eat. I can force broccoli and asparagus but when push comes to shove it ends up just going bad in my fridge before I finish it all

Try pea shoots sauteed with garlic.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Best Salad dressing i discovered recently. Olive Oil and Fresh Lemon Juice with salt and pepper.....put that on top of a Mixed Greens Salad with Avocado and Grilled Chicken.....amazing.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
In the past 3 weeks I've cut almost all carbs and sugar. The results have been more in clothes than the scale. I've only "lost" 7 lbs because I've been eating a ton of protein and lifting more. Everything fits better even with the modest weight loss. Was in FL for a week and kept it keto friendly. Best dinner on the road was steak, chicken and shrimp fajitas with no rice or tortilla. Drank plenty of makers and coke zero.

Reactions: Go Away Staal

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
In the past 3 weeks I've cut almost all carbs and sugar. The results have been more in clothes than the scale. I've only "lost" 7 lbs because I've been eating a ton of protein and lifting more. Everything fits better even with the modest weight loss. Was in FL for a week and kept it keto friendly. Best dinner on the road was steak, chicken and shrimp fajitas with no rice or tortilla. Drank plenty of makers and coke zero.

Funny you mentioned it. I typically gain some weight toward winter when it’s the busiest for me at work and I do stress eating. So I’ve been doing the same in the last month or two but I also intensified my cardio. I also lost just between 7-10 pounds but I feel much better which it’s all about. I’m 5’10” and now weight about 170 lb that I consider within my norm even though another 5-8 lb loss would not hurt.

Reactions: E-Train

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

These are the changes that matter.

f*** the scale.

Reactions: darko and E-Train

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
These are the changes that matter.

**** the scale.

Yeah. I resumed working out in April. In four months, I maybe gained 5 pounds. But I have noticeably gotten bigger pecs and traps, much bigger arms, and a two-pack that's borderlining on four. Quads are bigger too.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Processed low fat dairy products are absolutely terrible for you. Eggs giving you bad cholesterol is unproven. Typically it's what you pair the eggs with. You'd really have to eat a lot of eggs through-out the day for it to be bad for your health.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Made some diet food tonight.

Keto Grandma's Pizza:

0yKRKU9.jpg

rwlvmuF.jpg

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Looks very appealing! What’s in the crust?

2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/3 cup shredded parm
3 eggs
1/4 cup or so (not sure) of psyllium husk powder

Beat the eggs, add in the psyllium husk, and mix well. Then the rest of the ingredients. Put on parchment paper on baking pan and bake at 350 or so until brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad