OT: Summer Fitness Thread

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Agreed. When thee times roll around that I need to lose a couple pounds...

1) I substitute any sweets with a couple low-sugar hard candies and gum. One jolly rancher can do as much for you as a bowl of ice cream if you use your imagination.

2) I keep lunches at 500 calories flat. That can be a big sandwich, a decent sized veggie omelette, or even two to three of the Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs (They're expensive, but taste almost like the real thing. 50 calories a dog) Most low cal hot dogs are downright terrible, but I'll swear to these. Give them a try. You have three of those on small buns and its a 500 calorie lunch.

As a recovering ice cream addict this has been a good trick so far. Thank you.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
How Keto differ from Atkins? Other than it seems to supposed to be sustained and not sprints.

Not trolling - don't know much about Keto beyond what's been posted here.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
what combo of veggies would you guys recommend for lunch? I am ramping up the intermittent fasting and would like to replace most sugars and such with vegetables. Also just in general slowly phasing out shit. I really like cucumbers and celery so is that a decent thing?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I just prefer to eat Enlightened ice cream.

1) Because it's super low calorie and low carb (keto friendly)
2) Because it's ****ing fantastic

Interesting will have to check it out.

Keto is by far the most effective thing I have ever done, shit works. Just couldn't make it stick for more than 5-6 months. Props to those of you who can.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
what combo of veggies would you guys recommend for lunch? I am ramping up the intermittent fasting and would like to replace most sugars and such with vegetables. Also just in general slowly phasing out ****. I really like cucumbers and celery so is that a decent thing?

Spinach, broccoli, brussel sprouts, corn, peas, mushrooms. Those are my faves.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Interesting will have to check it out.

Keto is by far the most effective thing I have ever done, **** works. Just couldn't make it stick for more than 5-6 months. Props to those of you who can.

Enlightened ice cream is amazing.

For example, vanilla is the lowest calorie/carb offering. It's 4 carbs per serving, which is 1/4 of a pint. The entire pint is around 200 calories and 16 carbs. You really can't beat that.

Plus, unlike Halo Top, the consistency is essentially that of full calorie/carb ice cream.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
what combo of veggies would you guys recommend for lunch? I am ramping up the intermittent fasting and would like to replace most sugars and such with vegetables. Also just in general slowly phasing out ****. I really like cucumbers and celery so is that a decent thing?

Broccoli. Eat only broccoli.

I’m kidding, but it’s so good for you.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Do you cook them or just go raw?

Spinach and mushrooms are great sauteed. My favorite way to eat veggies are roasting them in the oven with some olive oil and salt n pepper. Delicious. Broccoli, CauliFlower and Carrots are my go to for roasting.

Broccoli's Protein/Calories ratio is impecable.Great for staying and getting lean.

Reactions: ponytrekker

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Other than keto, what does everyone do for working out? Do y'all follow someone's program or just have your own weights routine?
Cardio every day for around an hour, then add a 1/2 hour of weights 2x a week. Weight routine is 3 sets per body part all in one day, 20-25 reps per set.

I am old, if I try to lift anything heavy, I hurt myself.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Add spinach, or kale or spring mix and you have a thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->