Summer '15 Thread (All Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Don't worry, that stretch solidified this team for years. I am fully expecting a 24-4-2 start, although that new 3 on 3 might make it 23-3-4.

See I view it the opposite way, where the team would have been better off playing badly, getting a crap record and allowing a higher draft pick top solidify the team for the future, just like Arizona and Toronto did.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I know you're being sarcastic but I expect another slow start this year. There's just something with this team and slow starts. Hopefully this year we don't have 50 injuries coupled with it if it happens.

Last year we won 3 of our first 4 and 4 of our first 6. Now, after that we struggled, but we didn't have a bad "start".

It really scares me how much Jarmo and co. are buying that last stretch run when there was no pressure. Doesn't sound like much if any moves will be made for our team this summer, that might be a hard sell on the fans. Hopefully they're right.

What about the stretch where we went 12-2-1 in December and the first 3 games in January? We were, and are, a good team.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Don't worry, that stretch solidified this team for years. I am fully expecting a 24-4-2 start, although that new 3 on 3 might make it 23-3-4.

While it's likely to be another slow start thanks to who knows what... still, surely having finished strongly in the second part of the season couple times already gives some hope that the team would be able to do it, if required. Think of the Swedes for example who's seemingly limitless luck allows them bounce back to victory whether the opponent is leading 5-1 or 0-4. That trait comes handy in times of need.

Like the devil reads the Bible...It's lunacy and while there is time and place for lunacy to prosper it might be better to hold off until the season begins, somewhere in the distant, clouded future.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Last year we won 3 of our first 4 and 4 of our first 6. Now, after that we struggled, but we didn't have a bad "start".

What about the stretch where we went 12-2-1 in December and the first 3 games in January? We were, and are, a good team.

Isn't it obvious that every team had packed it in for the holidays?

:sarcasm:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I consider the first 20 games the "start" of the season. We were okay through mid October but the wheels fell off late and into late November.

Yes but if you look at both of those streaks they're the only outliers positively. While they're great and all, is this team really good enough to not struggle like it did last year and win 12 games in a month or so stretch and have a 15 game point streak again? Hard to tell. I think our team is good when healthy, but not a playoff lock some think they are.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
It really scares me how much Jarmo and co. are buying that last stretch run when there was no pressure. Doesn't sound like much if any moves will be made for our team this summer, that might be a hard sell on the fans. Hopefully they're right.

This team best all of the top teams including TB, CHI, NYR, ANA and others that were jockeying for playoff position. I don't believe the no pressure thing as a reason. This was a good team. Period.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I consider the first 20 games the "start" of the season. We were okay through mid October but the wheels fell off late and into late November.

Yes but if you look at both of those streaks they're the only outliers positively. While they're great and all, is this team really good enough to not struggle like it did last year and win 12 games in a month or so stretch and have a 15 game point streak again? Hard to tell. I think our team is good when healthy, but not a playoff lock some think they are.

We went 12-2-1 in that stretch. We went 16-2-1 from March 6 until the end of the season. That is 28-4-2 for 34 games. So, for a little less than half a season (41 games) we were really good. Now, we were obviously pretty bad the rest of the season, but injuries played a big part of that. IMO, we aren't as good as those 2 good stretches, but we are closer to that than we are the team that had the bad stretches.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We had some good luck during that final streak. We traded a lot of chances, had all the bounces and won the squeakers. I would not say that we thoroughly outplayed the opposition. And we aren't a lock for anything.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
So LA just cancelled Mike Richards contract. No buyout. Wow

That's going to take quite a case. Quite a case. They'll easily spend a couple million in that court battle and THEN have to pay him his buyout.

That is unless Richards just settles out of court, but I'm sure the PA would not go for that.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Very strong indication in the latest Kekäläinen interview that he is about to land Marek Zidlicky. Body language, smirk and all the talk about knowing the guys... UFA related time table works out as he intends to be at his summer cottage already sometime in July.

Fits in with the Wisniewski affair as well. The deal had already been made to replace him. Whether it was then written on a match box or in the backside of a tobacco holding device (box?) is not important. It was in motion already. UFA regulations or not.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Very strong indication in the latest Kekäläinen interview that he is about to land Marek Zidlicky. Body language, smirk and all the talk about knowing the guys... UFA related time table works out as he intends to be at his summer cottage already in July.

Maybe
Ehh I guess I could live with that

thebus2288*

Where is or what interview are you talking about? Just curious. To me Zidlicky is not the type of defenseman we need, or should target, at all. I like the Wiz comparison, but obviously I see it as a reason we shouldn't go for Zidlicky, not the other way around. He did not look good for the Wings in the playoffs at all.

If Marek Zidlicky is signed by us I will be grabbing my green tobacco holding device as soon as I learn the news.

Sekera is my dream signing for the summer. Well 2nd, after a signed Buff. Or a Buff who has been talked to in detail about signing.

Then Jackman or Oduya.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Very strong indication in the latest Kekäläinen interview that he is about to land Marek Zidlicky. Body language, smirk and all the talk about knowing the guys... UFA related time table works out as he intends to be at his summer cottage already sometime in July.

Fits in with the Wisniewski affair as well. The deal had already been made to replace him. Whether it was then written on a match box or in the backside of a tobacco holding device (box?) is not important. It was in motion already. UFA regulations or not.

Link?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Riley Nash not going to be signed by Carolina. If he signed and picked the number 61, it'd be a great way to build up fanbase good will.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

If you consider the first 20 games the start of the season, then the wheels falling off corresponds perfectly with the bodies dropping through injury. We had important guys unable to play from Game 1, and then it just got worse. But before it got worse, with those guys out, we had a winning record.

RD is right, when healthy this team is good. Better than they're being given credit for around here

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If you consider the first 20 games the start of the season, then the wheels falling off corresponds perfectly with the bodies dropping through injury. We had important guys unable to play from Game 1, and then it just got worse. But before it got worse, with those guys out, we had a winning record.

RD is right, when healthy this team is good. Better than they're being given credit for around here
Exactly, Dubi and Jenner went down and then everything went to ****.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Nobody is saying they weren't good. But I don't think they're a for sure playoff team some here think we are. Especially with how much we were outshot and outchanced

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I would be fine with Zidlicky but I'm still struggling to find anything that says there's a "very strong indication" that he is going to sign with us.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
The thought of signing one of the UFA d-men for 6 years or so really grinds my gears. The only saving grace is that I think they could eventually replace an aging Tyutin who will eventually be traded or not re-signed. a UFA d-man could still find a place in our top 4 for a while while others guys either rise up (Murray, Werenski, Savard, Goloubef, etc) or get phased out (Johnson, Tyutin, Prout).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA