Summer '15 Thread (All Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Insert depth defenseman (Connaughton/Prout/Goloubef/Paliotta)
Rychel
Karlsson
Atkinson
Signed Calvert
Draft Picks

we have lots of assets left

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
nobody is providing examples....

I don't know who is really available (did we think Saad was possible?), so I am not going to match column A to column B for you.

But I would imagine anyone short of the handful of core players could be fair game in the right deal. (operative phrase: IN THE RIGHT DEAL).

I didn't want to trade Dano, but if you told me we could get Saad for Dano and AA and I say done deal.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
We just gave up 5 assets today, I'd prefer to hang on to some of our depth until training camp.

I'm ok with hanging back and seeing what shakes out with other teams.

Just saying I also don't think the cupboard is bare either from a depth or asset standpoint. Not advocating trades for trade sake, but there is still ammo there if needed.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I'm ok with hanging back and seeing what shakes out with other teams.

Just saying I also don't think the cupboard is bare either from a depth or asset standpoint. Not advocating trades for trade sake there is still ammo there if needed.

agreed...i'm not drawing a line in the sand either way...just that FA usually ends up with overpaying and overterming an asset

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
agreed...i'm not drawing a line in the sand either way...just that FA usually ends up with overpaying and overterming an asset

That's my least favorite option, especially going into that money hole early.

Next year's team doesn't have to be finalized by July 4.

Plenty of time to sort this out.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just wondering what you are willing to trade and which hole you will open up in order to do so. And he won't go for picks and prospects.

First of all I used Shattenkirk as the level of quality that I think we should be looking for, not that we trade for him specifically but who knows.

For the right guy I'd include Wennberg or Jenner - the right guy being top pair ceiling-sure shot second pairing right now; no older than 25-27;signed for at least 3 years and preferably a RFA one more time.
Other than that Rychel is the only prospect I'd trade.

I'd include any D man not named Murray in a deal if I had to. Say we added a better D and got rid of JJ or Savard in the deal depending on the guy it could work. If we included JJ or savard then I probably am not giving up Wennberg or Jenner unless its Doughty potential coming back.

Draft picks -any of them.

So to answer your question it depends on who we would get coming back, what exactly we would have to give up, the contract status of the acquired. I didn't say it would be easy but with some of the crazy deals that already have gone down who knows what might be available?

Wennberg+Savard+2016 1st for Seth Jones. I do it.(Doubt Nashville does though)
Wennberg for Ellis - I'd do it.

I'd move Jenner to C to take Wennberg's spot and give Rychel his shot at 3rd line LW. Or if they wanted Jenner put Rychel in his spot.

Lots of ways to make a deal. i will be surprised if we pull one of after the deal we made today but it could work if the return is right.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
This!

Everyone clamoring for another trade isn't realizing what we just gave up...:popcorn:

I'm wondering what your view is on what we just gave up? I think we gave up a solid piece in AA who was likely replaced already and a promising young player in Dano with about 1/2 season of experience and solid potential along with two borderline NHL players. The CBJ still has a ton of assets of someone wants picks and young players.

The roster retained flexibility positionaly and strengthened the top 6. With Milano, Bjorkstrand, Bittner, Rychel, Anderson and Moutrey there is depth up front for the future and with the additions of Werenski, Carlsson and Palliota there is future depth on D. Bullets remain and that doesn't include roster players like Atkinson...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Hartnell could/should be available, too. He's still got value and we need to move his contract if we want a serious upgrade on D.

I would agree with this. If he waives I wouldn't have a problem moving him and his contract.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Insert depth defenseman (Connaughton/Prout/Goloubef/Paliotta)
Rychel
Karlsson
Atkinson
Signed Calvert
Draft Picks

we have lots of assets left

I'm not sure who bangs the trade Atkinson drum more, you or Porty ;)

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I'm in no rush to push Hartnell out the door at all. He may not finish his contract here but dude played good last year. I like having some crafty, crusty vets in the mix. Can’t all be cheap kids.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I'm in no rush to push Hartnell out the door at all. He may not finish his contract here but dude played good last year. I like having some crafty, crusty vets in the mix. Can’t all be cheap kids.
I'm not eager to push him out either, but when I look at the contracts that we could/should move, Hartnell's is the one that catches my attention (outside of Clarkson, Bourque, Boll).

He's got value, he's movable, and he carries a significant cap hit. I'd love to keep him but if you told me to pick between Hartnell and Byfuglien I'd (probably) choose Byfuglien.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 31m31 minutes ago
Following @DennisTFP report, I too haven't heard LA in on Franson. Told Leafs, Jackets, Flames, Sharks, Oilers, among others, have inquired.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Well, being a RHD and under the age of 30 he's likely going to cost a lot.

Ok? So? They have the cap space, the need, and now apparently one of the players they like.

I don't think it's likely, but I sure as hell would take Franson on this team. There are other players I'd either want more or would fit better, but like I said, sure, why not?

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Ok? So? They have the cap space, the need, and now apparently one of the players they like.

Honestly could see Franson fetching considerable coin tomorrow, don't see us in on him when its said and done.

Gotta think once we sign Saad, Calvert, Letestu(?) we will be hovering around 4-5 million in cap space. Not saying it's a bad idea, but would rather have room for the deadline than putting ourselves right against the cap to start the year.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com

I don't think it's likely, but I sure as hell would take Franson on this team. There are other players I'd either want more or would fit better, but like I said, sure, why not?
I'm just giving a reason for why they wouldn't sign him. Jarmo has made it clear he doesn't want to overpay for players especially if they're not the perfect fit. I'm not denying the need we have, but that's how GMJK feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille