Summer '15 Thread (All Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
If Jarmo can't get a top 4 and decides option B is building the depth(guys that are 5/6/7) I would take a look Yanick Weber and Ryan Stanton.

Weber
65 games played 11 goals 10 assists 21 points +4
Although he had a poor playoffs(A lot Canucks did), 6 games, 0 points, -5

Stanton
54 games played 3 goals 8 assists 11 points +9

*Canucks still trying to sign Weber. Just avoided arbitration.

I actually thought Weber looked pretty good in the PO for the Canucks. He did a great job pushing the tempo and moving the puck up ice. He was one of the most noticeable Canucks for me in the entire series (in a good way). As someone else said he is very similar to Wiz.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
I had a very different impression of Bylugien after watching him informally during All-Star Week.

Any issues in Winnipeg, I'd chalk up to a guy trying to be fill a leadership void without really having a mature grasp on it and not quite having the leader DNA -- not being a ********. More Michael Scott than David Brent IIRC.

I'd have no issue bringing him in.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
To me, there's one guy out there, who is known to be available, that fits the Blue Jackets wants and needs to a tee and that's Byfuglein. His style of play and offensive ability meshes perfectly with what is missing on the current roster.

I don't know what kind of clubhouse guy he is and maybe he's not that great in the room. However, I have not heard or read anything to that effect. In fact, from what I've read, I would think it's the opposite and he's a very good teammate.

I agree with all of this.

Buff is well liked in the room in Winnipeg, and one of the leaders. I don't agree with how he handled Kane, but i like that he didn't accept any BS.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I had a very different impression of Bylugien after watching him informally during All-Star Week.

Any issues in Winnipeg, I'd chalk up to a guy trying to be fill a leadership void without really having a mature grasp on it and not quite having the leader DNA -- not being a ********. More Michael Scott than David Brent IIRC.

I'd have no issue bringing him in.

I'm willing to buy this as well.

I sat right behind the Team Foligno bench for ASW. I'm not going to claim to have any idea what your experience/perception of Buff is, so I'm not trying to one-up you. I believe your assessment. I saw an engaged, personable young man from where I sat.

I just wanted to offer a different (potential) perspective on Buff and "the room."

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Any interest in signing Semin to a 1 year deal once he's bought out? Could be amazing if he even remotely bounced back
No question, absolutely. Before the Clarkson trade I was considering him as a possible experimental high-cap-hit reclamation project. We've got enough discipline in the room - Russian, American, Canadian, take your pick of nationality 'cause we've got it all. :D

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
One guy I was looking at was Joel Ward as maybe a surprise addition and then I saw he is 34. Couldn't believe that, so I struck him off the list.

I think I've come to grips that we're just not going to get much action on the player movement front. (Yes, this is an attempt to jinx it). Regardless, it will be interesting to see if tomorrow is exciting or a real dud, kind of like trade deadline day now.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Can't have Clarkson as the #2 RW. This explains all the Patrick Sharp talk on this thread. Not sure what Jarmo does to solve this issue.

I can guarantee you, right now, right here that David Clarkson will score more NHL goals next season than Patrick Sharp.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Some pretty big holes on the right side. Defense is a concern, but another top six forward looks needed. Can't have Clarkson as the #2 RW. This explains all the Patrick Sharp talk on this thread. Not sure what Jarmo does to solve this issue.

I don't see any holes on the right side. We might end up with 4 good goal scorers on the RW, and if by chance the RW falls apart, we can slide Foligno or Jenner over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille