Summer '15 Thread (All Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So, I'm re-working this after the Saad mega deal. Holy ****.

Locks to be on the 23 man roster (In some way. In lineup or healthy scratched):

Johansen
Foligno
Dubinsky
Hartnell
Jenner
Clarkson
Saad
Wennberg
Atkinson
Calvert
Tyutin
Murray
Johnson
Savard
Bobrovsky
McElhinney

So in review that means

Foligno - Johansen - Saad
Jenner - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Hartnell - Wennberg - Calvert
xx - xx - Clarkson
xx

and on D

Johnson - Savard
Tyutin - Murray
xx - xx
xx

And then an additional roster spot up for grabs. Could carry 8 dmen (what we did last year) or two extra forwards (the norm).

And the guys battling for the remaining 6 roster spots are

Bourque
Boll
Rychel
Milano
Bjorkstrand
Karlsson
Chaput
Anderson
Prout
Goloubef
Connauton
Falk
Kukan
Paliotta

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2m2 minutes ago

Sure sounds like #CBJ will be very quiet in free agency, especially early. May sign some two-way guys, but nothing major.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2m2 minutes ago

Sure sounds like #CBJ will be very quiet in free agency, especially early. May sign some two-way guys, but nothing major.

But he reported we contacted the agents of free agent d-men, early in the courting process? why would we do that if we were planning on being quiet?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I agree wtih fro. Any deal for a dman improvement will be a trade, not FA. Just doesn't make sense with Saad's pending deal, and Murray, Jenner, and Johansen coming up within a few years.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I agree wtih fro. Any deal for a dman improvement will be a trade, not FA. Just doesn't make sense with Saad's pending deal, and Murray, Jenner, and Johansen coming up within a few years.

Exactly, unless they're giving up on Letestu and just plan on Karlsson or Chaput taking the 4C spot I don't see a FA signing being possible. Especially considering how much General Saad and all the UFA dmen want. I think Palliotta (sp?) Makes it out of camp over Prout and Kconn.

Murray-Savard
Johnson-Goloubef
Tyutin-Paliotta (sp?!)
Connauton

Makes me wonder what are we going to do next year if Werenski or Carlsson pushes for a spot? Could we see Tyutin or Johnson moved?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Also, keep in mind we can go over the cap until Opening Day. Sign a guy they want now then make another quick trade later.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
"Columbus Blue Jackets are open for business"
"I want to add a defenseman"

I guess you hear what you wanna hear...

1. Jarmo didn't say the Blue Jackets were open for business. EJ did.

2. We've been hearing he's wanted to add a defenseman for months. But we've also been hearing he's fine with our current group and would be fine going into the season with them. That quote isn't new.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
1. Jarmo didn't say the Blue Jackets were open for business. EJ did.

2. We've been hearing he's wanted to add a defenseman for months. But we've also been hearing he's fine with our current group and would be fine going into the season with them. That quote isn't new.

You need to brush up on your GM speak.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
But he reported we contacted the agents of free agent d-men, early in the courting process? why would we do that if we were planning on being quiet?

Because they made it clear they weren't interested or want too much term. Or because they are guys who will sign later after the top guys sign.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Ok trade boys, who exactly could we trade for???

I wouldn't be surprised to see us throw money at Green. Trading for someone is a bit of an unknown now.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
And what trade assets do we have for this d-man? Atkinson? So we can further kill our RW depth? Also, Driesen wants to stockpile/hoard draft picks, so he won't want to trade any 2016ers or prospects.

Put together a package for a top 4.

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
And what trade assets do we have for this d-man? Atkinson? So we can further kill our RW depth? Also, Driesen wants to stockpile/hoard draft picks, so he won't want to trade any 2016ers or prospects.

This!

Everyone clamoring for another trade isn't realizing what we just gave up...:popcorn:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

I've said this before, but I think we are fine. I'd see how we do and trade for a defensman during the season if we see we need one.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I've said this before, but I think we are fine. I'd see how we do and trade for a defensman during the season if we see we need one.

In season trades are fairly rare. I don't remember a whole lot of them except at the trade deadline. If there is a d man out there that is available and he could help immediately (Shattenkirk for example)
I think Jarmo would (and should) go for it.

I think Saad strengthened the team in the short term. We add a guy who could be as impactful on the blue line and we would be serious contenders in the East.

I know Shattenkirk is probably not available but someone of his caliber might be. After all no one saw a trade for Saad coming.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
In season trades are fairly rare. I don't remember a whole lot of them except at the trade deadline. If there is a d man out there that is available and he could help immediately (Shattenkirk for example)
I think Jarmo would (and should) go for it.

I think Saad strengthened the team in the short term. We add a guy who could be as impactful on the blue line and we would be serious contenders in the East.

I know Shattenkirk is probably not available but someone of his caliber might be. After all no one saw a trade for Saad coming.

Just wondering what you are willing to trade and which hole you will open up in order to do so. And he won't go for picks and prospects.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
This!

Everyone clamoring for another trade isn't realizing what we just gave up...:popcorn:

And everyone clamoring for a FA signing isn't realizing what they're going to sign for and the impact on our cap it would bring.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I don't want to go crazy trading off prospects, but Dano is the only young asset they parted with (and they got an intriguing young D in return FWIW).

I love AA but the writing was on the wall about his future.
The rest? Just stuff.

I think there are plenty of other assets to use without gutting the system if the right trade opportunity presents itself.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I don't want to go crazy trading off prospects, but Dano is the only young asset they parted with (and they got an intriguing young D in return FWIW).

I love AA but the writing was on the wall about his future.
The rest? Just stuff.

I think there are plenty of other assets to use without gutting the system if the right trade opportunity presents itself.

nobody is providing examples....

you trade Wennberg, who plays 3C?

you trade Atkinson, Clarkson is your 2RW.

maybe Rychel and something, but i'm not sure Jarmo is going to trade another first rounder from '13 already. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese