Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
He definitely looks smaller than 6'0 though and is likely done growing or very close considering his older age. Had pretty good numbers the season before. Probably not expected to make the team next season.
Why wouldn't he get a crack at it? Not like we have a starting goaltender at this point.

The crease is wide open

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
I think best case scenario is Larmand could be a great 3rd liner. His puck skills are pretty mediocre from what I've seen. McCallum I'm really undecided on, I see games where he looks like he has first line upside, I see other games where I don't know how he got drafted. Stillman will likely fall into an elite 2nd line, or average 1st liner territory.

At the end of the day I hope the wolves draft the the best players who will report, I don't care where they are from.

Third round pick to be a third liner? Biondi could be that guy.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
I think best case scenario is Larmand could be a great 3rd liner. His puck skills are pretty mediocre from what I've seen. McCallum I'm really undecided on, I see games where he looks like he has first line upside, I see other games where I don't know how he got drafted. Stillman will likely fall into an elite 2nd line, or average 1st liner territory.

At the end of the day I hope the wolves draft the the best players who will report, I don't care where they are from.

Third round pick to be a third liner? Biondi could be that guy.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Why wouldn't he get a crack at it? Not like we have a starting goaltender at this point.

The crease is wide open

Depends if the import comes, they drafted another goalie higher also, may take one in the u18 draft. You're right though things are up in the air, but it's rare to see a goalie pick taken that late make the team right away.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Depends if the import comes, they drafted another goalie higher also, may take one in the u18 draft. You're right though things are up in the air, but it's rare to see a goalie pick taken that late make the team right away.
Stay tuned

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Your 2020/21 Wolves:

14 F:
Robinson OA
Hutcheson OA
Murray 01
Manikis 01
Degrazia 02
Strickland 02
McCallum 03
Stillman 03
Larmand 03
Gillespie 03
Goyette 04
Delic 04
Konyen 04
Byfield 02

Call-ups: Smith 02, Biondi 02

7 D:
Samuelsson OA
Loponen 01
Phillips 01
Ross 01
Thompson 02
Ribau 02
Anania 03

2 G:
Import (Dichow or another Euro)
Weeks 01

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Your 2020/21 Wolves:

14 F:
Robinson OA
Hutcheson OA
Murray 01
Manikis 01
Degrazia 02
Strickland 02
McCallum 03
Stillman 03
Larmand 03
Gillespie 03
Goyette 04
Delic 04
Konyen 04
Byfield 02

7 D:
Samuelsson OA
Loponen 01
Phillips 01
Ross 01
Thompson 02
Ribau 02
Anania 03

2 G:
Weeks 01
I'd let Loponen walk, along with Hutch and Robinson. We shall see.

Young looking team. Could be fun to watch

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Your 2020/21 Wolves:

14 F:
Robinson OA
Hutcheson OA
Murray 01
Manikis 01
Degrazia 02
Strickland 02
McCallum 03
Stillman 03
Larmand 03
Gillespie 03
Goyette 04
Delic 04
Konyen 04
Byfield 02

7 D:
Samuelsson OA
Loponen 01
Phillips 01
Ross 01
Thompson 02
Ribau 02
Anania 03

2 G:
Weeks 01

Hutcheson-Murray-Stillman
Robinson-Manikis-Import
Larmand-McCallum-Gillespie
Konyen-Goyette-Delic
DeGrazia/Biondi

Thompson-Phillips
Ross-Serensits
Ribau-Anania
Collins/Robinson

Import
No Clue

Any forward except Hutcheson/Robinson/Gillespie/Biondi can play C

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Here's what I've got after today, though it's very rough and obviously would need more viewings on most. Keep in mind a ton of these players can play multiple positions. Tried to keep a mix of age/skill right now/potential but didn't care whether it was likely they'd report or not. Didn't have any 00s that didn't play for us or have a contract before.
Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 11.15.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 11.16.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 11.16.20 PM.png

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
I'm still amazed how Sudbury landed these two high end skilled guys in Goyette and Delic, both seemingly were sure fire top-10 guys for this draft. On top of that, getting a high end American sniper in Konyen in the 4th round. These top picks seem really excited about coming to Sudbury which is great to see. Wolves also got some great value with some of their later picks as well.

Pucks Deep

Apr 4, 2020
Robinson- Byfield- Murray
Hutcheson- McCallum-Stillman
Larmand-Goyette-Manikis
Delic- DeGrazia-Konyen
Burke, Gillespie

Phillips-Thompson
Samuelson-Ribau
Loponen- Anania
Collins - ??

Trade U18 or euro (Have to do something here)
Weeks

I like your lineup, just think McCallum is due for a breakout year. With some more minutes and freedom to play his game I think he could prove to be a great pick. Has great vision and offensive upside . Manikis not a great skater but showed glimpses of grit to fit in third line role. Larmand going to be a nice workhorse piece for years to come (think like Carson). D core is solid. I keep Sammy and slot Anania in top 6. Just need to fix the situation in between the pipes and I think the wolves are set for a good year! Obviously depends on Byfield returning.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Robinson- Byfield- Murray
Hutcheson- McCallum-Stillman
Larmand-Goyette-Manikis
Delic- DeGrazia-Konyen
Burke, Gillespie

Phillips-Thompson
Samuelson-Ribau
Loponen- Anania
Collins - ??

Trade U18 or euro (Have to do something here)
Weeks

I like your lineup, just think McCallum is due for a breakout year. With some more minutes and freedom to play his game I think he could prove to be a great pick. Has great vision and offensive upside . Manikis not a great skater but showed glimpses of grit to fit in third line role. Larmand going to be a nice workhorse piece for years to come (think like Carson). D core is solid. I keep Sammy and slot Anania in top 6. Just need to fix the situation in between the pipes and I think the wolves are set for a good year! Obviously depends on Byfield returning.

Welcome, seems it's your first post. Maybe longtime lurker. As a member of the wolves forum, i'd like to welcome you to the "Wolves Den".

Sometimes were the best of friends and other times not so much :) But one thing we have in common, were passionate about our team.

Welcome.

Pucks Deep

Apr 4, 2020
Thanks for the welcome! Definitely here for the team and what’s best for the Wolves going forward. Been “Lurking “ for a while lol Figured no time better than now to join the discussion Go Wolves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad