Strickland - Smith - Konyen
Burke, Gillespie

Philllips - Thompson
Ross - Serensits
Ribau - Anania
Collins

Import
Lemaire/Ramirez

Lets them roll 3 lines, letting a big vet like Hutcheson play with a couple great young playmakers. I think likely we're looking at a 7-9 finish in the conference, but if you assume they'll look to move Murray, Phillips and Ross at the deadline, they'll have a lot of good assets to follow up on the rebuild.

Regardless, excited for the season and camp, whenever they do happen

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Figure I'll toss my hat into the "Way too early roster Olympics"

Robinson - Murray - Stillman
Hutcheson - Goyette - Dellic
DeGrazia - Manikis - McCallum
Strickland - Smith - Konyen
Burke, Gillespie

Philllips - Thompson
Ross - Serensits
Ribau - Anania
Collins

Import
Lemaire/Ramirez

Lets them roll 3 lines, letting a big vet like Hutcheson play with a couple great young playmakers. I think likely we're looking at a 7-9 finish in the conference, but if you assume they'll look to move Murray, Phillips and Ross at the deadline, they'll have a lot of good assets to follow up on the rebuild.

Regardless, excited for the season and camp, whenever they do happen
Larmand?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Goyette wanted to come to Sudbury because it was a bilingual city and has family here, good fit. Some of us caught on to this after he got drafted.

Google Translate:

fishing
@Ohlhockey
"I wanted to be drafted by the
@Sudbury_Wolves
. It is a bilingual city and I have family there. It's a perfect fit for me. I intend to go there. "- David Goyette, 11th choice in total who also considered #NCAA

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
If Byfield returns and we get a goalie, this team could be scary good with a few moves (OA upgrades, bring in some skilled vets)

If Byfield doesn't return, you sell your pieces Murray, Ross, Phillips ect. and start building around the 03/04 core. This draft looks unreal for the Wolves 04 core, they just gotta develop these kids.

Reactions: Pucks Deep

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
If Byfield returns and we get a goalie, this team could be scary good with a few moves (OA upgrades, bring in some skilled vets)

If Byfield doesn't return, you sell your pieces Murray, Ross, Phillips ect. and start building around the 03/04 core. This draft looks unreal for the Wolves 04 core, they just gotta develop these kids.

Even if Byfield returns, given the draft picks moved out the last two years, I just don't think you have neough to make some real noise. The 03-04 core is going to be the key.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Yeah if Byfield returns sell him to the highest bidder, we could easily get a McConnell-Barker/Moldenhauer/Castle + lots of picks or a real good 03 from a contender especially with the OHL hosting this year. Also people around here underrate Murray, his production is nothing to scoff at, we should get a pretty penny for him, and a decent return on Phillips. Selling next season is the best option, and gear up for the 21-22/22-23 seasons when either Thompson or Stillman and co are in their final years

Reactions: hockieguy

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Agree with a sell off, at least a partial one as picks & ‘03-‘04 D will be needed if planning on a big playoff push 3 seasons from now.
The entire central had a big draft this year, not just the wolves; and, they all get get a shot at an import before the wolves.

Reactions: hockeynorth

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Let's hope there isn't a serious discussion about going for it next year. Best case scenario we trade top talent for as many picks as we can get and Dario finds a GM that knows how to build a championship team. Raising the banner this year would have happened without giving up anything at the deadline. He who hesitates is lost.

Reactions: djscooter

thebignick

Nov 5, 2019
My 3 takes.

1. Great draft, much more confident the rookies coming in next year in comparison to last.
2. COVID19 effects where this years draft class plays.
3. One OA has been confirmed (Not a take)

cub

Apr 11, 2012
My 3 takes.

1. Great draft, much more confident the rookies coming in next year in comparison to last.
2. COVID19 effects where this years draft class plays.
3. One OA has been confirmed (Not a take)

I agree Papineau gets a A+ in this draft, he now has players that want to come to Sudbury, good job Paps. This draft class especially our first 3 picks will fit in lineup somehow, in reality I'm thinking bottom 6 but Goyette and Delic could sneak up the line up depending how they adjust.

I think the OA that has been confirmed is Samuelsson, which is good for us.

Reactions: Pucks Deep

Pucks Deep

Apr 4, 2020
I agree Papineau gets a A+ in this draft, he now has players that want to come to Sudbury, good job Paps. This draft class especially our first 3 picks will fit in lineup somehow, in reality I'm thinking bottom 6 but Goyette and Delic could sneak up the line up depending how they adjust.

I think seeing how they adjust or fit in is key. Last years rookies (besides Stillman) were 4th line or glued to the bench all year. Should be more opportunities for ice time with 3 OA forwards moving on. Coach ran 2 lines pretty heavy last year. Would be nice if they could roll a 3 or 4 line team this year. Time will tell?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

A+ is a little much. I agree with the bpa approach, but D has been near completely ignored the past two drafts. Now on top of having to find a goalie to fit the time frame, Papineau also has to trade for ‘03-‘04 born D or ‘02 as OAs. That will require significant selling. An ‘03 import D would help.

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyHell

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
A+ is a little much. I agree with the bpa approach, but D has been near completely ignored the past two drafts. Now on top of having to find a goalie to fit the time frame, Papineau also has to trade for ‘03-‘04 born D or ‘02 as OAs. That will require significant selling. An ‘03 import D would help.

It's ignored because there's no room for them to play given the current players. Age gaps in a position can be fixed via trade quite easily. Especially when Ross and Philips will likely be traded this year. I'm not a Papineau fan by any stretch, but I think our 03 draft looks pretty good, and the 04 draft looks exceptional.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
It's ignored because there's no room for them to play given the current players. Age gaps in a position can be fixed via trade quite easily. Especially when Ross and Philips will likely be traded this year. I'm not a Papineau fan by any stretch, but I think our 03 draft looks pretty good, and the 04 draft looks exceptional.
And by all accounts, Anania and Collins both sound pretty good, Robinson and Farrow would likely be players at some point if not for our depth already on D. So I say minimum 4 D from the 2 classes which is more than enough.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

quite easily, I’m not so sure. I do agree that Phillips or Ross along with Murray could return a decent ‘03 D & picks; but while it can be done, an anchor for the D to fit the timeframe of the forwards born 2003-04 won’t be easy, a top pairing even more difficult.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Elite Prospects - OJHL Stats 2019-2020

Anania led the league in u17 D scoring and D PIM, over Petes 22nd overall pick Artem Guryev. Robinson 4th in scoring too.

Elite Prospects - NAPHL 18U Stats 2019-2020

Pineau 3rd in D u17 scoring too.

We've also got Trevor Mitchell who we picked last year who's a real solid D but has a Western Michigan commitment, though with our makeup perhaps he'd report.

I know number watching isn't great, but we do have D prospects in the system. Especially Anania and Robinson, Anania should be really good for us this year. He scores, he's nasty, we all saw him last year. He'll be a player, and I definitely wouldn't discount Robinson. We likely go D in round one next year anyways too, so that kid should be a player and upon dealing Murray/Ross/Phillips/maybe even Byfield we can definitely add a good 03 or 04 D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad