Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Small, very very highly skilled goalie. Sounds a lot like DiPietro to me. Lots of people very high on him.

Reactions: jeepguy

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Kronberg pick for the wolves sounds like a grinder type, good skater, limited hockey IQ and skill. Good size for his age though.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Kronberg pick for the wolves sounds like a grinder type, good skater, limited hockey IQ and skill. Good size for his age though.
Yeah I don't really love this one, but you can't only draft small I suppose, and maybe they see something there.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Yeah I don't really love this one, but you can't only draft small I suppose, and maybe they see something there.
I'm not going to be too picky at his point with all the other picks we've gotten, but I definitely would have loved to see them continue to go for skill first.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'm not going to be too picky at his point with all the other picks we've gotten, but I definitely would have loved to see them continue to go for skill first.
Agreed, swing for the fences with an American instead. Borgesi, Mauro, some great goalies, tons of high skill Americans (Zion Green?) all options

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Agreed, swing for the fences with an American instead. Borgesi, Mauro, some great goalies, tons of high skill Americans (Zion Green?) all options
Swing for the fences when you have an idea they will report is one thing. But swinging for the fences like a shot in the dark, I'd stay away from.

Reactions: hockeynorth

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Another interesting pick by the Wolves, Landon West, tiny, but stocky, sounds like he's a bit of a gritty player, numbers are not anything write home about.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I'm wondering because we have a big French community, also if he wants to study in French it's a good fit.
If the french community made a difference, it would play into the rumors of him not wanting to report to the Soo.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

We go D again, like this one. Hard hitting, aggressive, physical, 6th in D PIM and 5th in D scoring for his league. nearly a PPG, was on a weak team so may be a diamond in the rough.

Reactions: howlman

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

We go D again, like this one. Hard hitting, aggressive, physical, 6th in D PIM and 5th in D scoring for his league. nearly a PPG, was on a weak team so may be a diamond in the rough.

A little bit of nasty would be a good addition.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
This kid needs to teach our D with that hit. lol

I think its more of a coaching thing, we've been like this for a few years now, our D tend to just try to guide forwards to the outside rather then take the body. We've seen Ross and Serensits play physical, it's just rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad