Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
And we add Devin Mauro. There we go. Now I'm happy, I consider this a successful draft. The kid has top 3 round talent (if not higher) and was projected to be a likely top 50 pick, but size sent him falling.

Reactions: jeepguy

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Few takeways, this is definitely the smallest and most american draft class we've had in some time.

Early on but also looking like one of the more skilled.

Reactions: yalbmert25

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Don't know much about our last few picks.

Some quick thoughts of mine quickly:
- Getting Goyette is huge, one of the top players in the draft
- Also getting Delic who it was expected we'd take in the 1st alone makes this an amazing class
- Sounds like some kids really want to play here and that's awesome
- Konyen showing would give us 3 impact forwards right out of the gate and it sounds like it's likely, very high skill player
- Collins is really intriguing, could be underrated, while Farrow and Hoover could both be steady D for us cracking the team in a season or 2
- Where we took Mauro is a steal, give him a season, this kid will really impress, albeit he is small, talent right up there with the other three skill forwards
- Sounds like Simpson was great value where we took him, don't know a lot there though
- A bit confused by both of our goalie picks, seems there were better options both times however have to have faith in the scouts here and goalies are voodoo
- Virgillio's numbers are a bit disappointing, Bianconi as well, hopefully they're good defensively
- Know absolutely nothing on West and DiMaggio though for an American, DiMaggio seems glad to be drafted here, let's see what the future holds
- Kronberg is the biggest question mark here, if he did turn out to be an effective power forward he'd be a beast to add to our skill guys we took, though just really didn't fit with the theme of the class
- Overall I like it a lot, we got some great pieces and have some fun mystery boxes, Papineau and Co impressed me today, preferred some of the late picks from last season, but LOVE a lot of picks this year unlike last
- Unfortunate to only see one player drafted off the Sudbury Midget roster

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Few takeways, this is definitely the smallest and most american draft class we've had in some time.

Early on but also looking like one of the more skilled.

Definitely thought the same, never seen such a small class, 2004 was breed for speed, skating and skill. :)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Marino Ramirez, looks pretty agile and acrobatic.:)

He definitely looks smaller than 6'0 though and is likely done growing or very close considering his older age. Had pretty good numbers the season before. Probably not expected to make the team next season.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
He definitely looks smaller than 6'0 though and is likely done growing or very close considering his older age. Had pretty good numbers the season before. Probably not expected to make the team next season.

I think he passes for 6', I can confess when it comes to goaltenders being ready for the OHL it one of the hardest things to decide for me. I know it's just short video but I was pleasantly surprised what I saw so far, I like how he feels the game and tracks pucks, he's not totally stationary in stance like some goalies, he has his feet moving all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad