Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
have to agree with the Rivers comment. What a player he was for the Wolves back in the day!
Mark Staal has accomplished much more than Jamie "Golden" Rivers. Having said that, there would be little reason to retire a player's number without extraordinarily outstanding accomplishment imo.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Mark Staal has accomplished much more than Jamie "Golden" Rivers. Having said that, there would be little reason to retire a player's number without extraordinarily outstanding accomplishment imo.

Replying to a post that stated the wolves have shown little interest in retiring jerseys beyond the ‘80s, I sort of asked who who would have been worthy/outstanding, J.Rivers?. Rivers recorded the 2nd highest OHL season point total by a defensemen. For wolves’ individual accomplishments, that’s ‘golden’.

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010

I remember years ago , wolves were on a PP. His stick exploded on a slapper from the point. So cocky that he looked at his stick like" wtf," admiring what took place as the opposition stole the puck, skated by him, for a chance on goal. Classic.

Last edited:

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Replying to a post that stated the wolves have shown little interest in retiring jerseys beyond the ‘80s, I sort of asked who who would have been worthy/outstanding, J.Rivers?. Rivers recorded the 2nd highest OHL season point total by a defensemen. For wolves’ individual accomplishments, that’s ‘golden’.
I'd argue a playoff MVP is probably more "golden"

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
I'd argue a playoff MVP is probably more "golden"

One playoff yearly award is more “golden” then being 2nd in a single season all time for a player in his position? This award is given to a player every year, I don’t find that “golden” especially in a season that they didn’t win a championship.

I would even have Norm Milley, the all time Wolves points leader in there before Stall.

that might be unpopular but it’s my opinion. If the wolves would have won the series against Plymouth I’d have a different opinion.

Reactions: Patverbeek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad