Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Mauro + Kingo that's what I want this round

Or take another American (there's a ton of high skill ones) and Kingo/Sheffield, dont care, but I want one of Kingo or Sheffield

Vinny Borgesi is also still on the board and doesn't a u17 commitment, while being a probable 1st round talent. I say pull that trigger if you really want to go for it.

Reactions: howlman

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Wilson Farrow is still on the board too I just realized.

Not a ton local I'd look at but there's some northern blood.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
There's our 'teddy, Ethan Morrow
Not much out there on him. Split the duties on his team, significantly worse GAA in the regular season, significantly better in the playoffs. Assume the wolves scouts have done their work here.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Not much out there on him. Split the duties on his team, significantly worse GAA in the regular season, significantly better in the playoffs. Assume the wolves scouts have done their work here.
Yeah I have no clue about this kid.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
And at 111 we go with D Wilson Farrow.
Not sure he has a huge amount of upside but I think he'll definitely play in the OHL, which from a 6th round pick is pretty solid.

We'll wait and see on the goaltender, but the rest of the draft is making me pretty excited.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Wolves got your boy Farrow!
I actually really like this pick, once again the top scoring D on his team. Just had a hunch we were going local-ish though I couldn't spot who until I remembered Farrow is technically local.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Hey I like that, you get a couple high end kids to report and all of a sudden you're a destination team. This is how you get out of the middle of the pack fellas. Just saying, all three of our picks would be potential top 6 players next season.

Not sure he has a huge amount of upside but I think he'll definitely play in the OHL, which from a 6th round pick is pretty solid.

We'll wait and see on the goaltender, but the rest of the draft is making me pretty excited.

Not the goalie I was expecting but Farrow is a decent pick. Needs to be more physical but could be a solid defenseman
Agreed about the goalie, this is a very exciting draft though. Farrow was 8th in Dman scoring in the GTMMHL last season, right aligned with Leonard, Sirman and De Angelis. The upside may not be of a top pairing D but seems like another good pick here by Papineau. To note, was reading it was widely expected he would up his stock in the final tournament of the year (that never happened due to COVID-19)

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Anyone got anyone they're high on? I still would love to add Borgesi/Mauro/Kingo/Sheffield/maybe even Metivier so we have a 2nd goalie from this draft

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Who are these guys?
Devin Mauro, small highly skilled goal scorer out of SSM, a lot like Giroux from Sudbury last season> Falling due to height concerns.

Vinny Borgesi, shocker left off the UNSDTP, highly skilled Dman. First round talent. Smaller and American.

Reactions: jeepguy

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Hayden Simpson our 7th round pick, ranked #53 by hockeyprospect.com.
Was projected anywhere from the 3rd-5th rounds

Reactions: hockeynorth

jeepguy

Sep 12, 2018
Hayden Simpson our 7th round pick, ranked #53 by hockeyprospect.com.
Was projected anywhere from the 3rd-5th rounds[/QUOTE
Devin Mauro, small highly skilled goal scorer out of SSM, a lot like Giroux from Sudbury last season> Falling due to height concerns.

Vinny Borgesi, shocker left off the UNSDTP, highly skilled Dman. First round talent. Smaller and American.
What about your Sheffield kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad