Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Well that game was a bit painful.

On the positive side I thought Hutchinson, Robinson and McCallum all had pretty strong games.

On the negative side Chenier was pretty terrible, really wish we could undo that trade right now. Bulitka brought a lot more to the ice.

Samuelsson probably had his worst game in a wolves jersey, I don't think Loponen was much better. Overall I'd really love to see Ribau get more icetime, I find he's been great in the few shifts he does get.

Onwards to a much tougher opponent Saturday.

Reactions: HockeyHell

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Well that game was a bit painful.

On the positive side I thought Hutchinson, Robinson and McCallum all had pretty strong games.

On the negative side Chenier was pretty terrible, really wish we could undo that trade right now. Bulitka brought a lot more to the ice.

Samuelsson probably had his worst game in a wolves jersey, I don't think Loponen was much better. Overall I'd really love to see Ribau get more icetime, I find he's been great in the few shifts he does get.

Onwards to a much tougher opponent Saturday.
Nice to see Hutch and Robinson picking up.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Wait till Chenier catches his stride and you won’t be regretting that trade

I am happy for what the kid has been able to do with his opportunity to play in the OHL. But, I’m not at all convinced Chenier can be good enough to forget the slap to the face of a career wolves player by ignoring the fact that any OA trade (had to be) for a D or high scoring RW.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Bulitka was on revocable wavers days before the trade. He knew there was a chance he would be moved.

He’s an OA, he should be one of the bests players on the team!

Chenier has been a point a game player for two straight seasons and has more sandpaper to his game the Bulitka. There’s no doubt that Bulitka is a good 2 way player, but you can’t say Chenier isn’t an upgrade over Bulitka.

Did they have to make the trade, of course not. They don’t have to make any trade. Would any GM make a trade without really believing that it’s best for the org? It’s Paps team, you can’t judge his character because he made a trade! Dislike it fine but to go after his character? A GM job is to manage the team, not to worry about what things look like.

The upgrade is moot at this point, especially since the upgrade will do very little to improve this team to a championship. So, what was the point of the deal? The Wolves GAVE up a two picks in a deal that should've been a player for player deal.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Why would North Bay do Bulitka for Chenier straight up? Hint: they wouldn't.

you have in a way defended the wolves transaction a couple of times now. Being aware the wolves top six consisted of: LC-Byfield, LW - Hutcheson, Robinson, LW/C - Carson, Murray, Pekar, (Bulitka), LW/C/RW - Levin; do you make the LW/C move for a LW rather than D or RW?

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Why would North Bay do Bulitka for Chenier straight up? Hint: they wouldn't.
No one is arguing NorthBay moving Chenier. Quite simply, Sudbury should not have been the buyer. You fix what was broken. Kudos to Adam Dennis he made a smart move. Same cannot be said for Papineau.

Reactions: Poster man

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I message jwu today he told me it was a great trade, will go with that.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
The upgrade is moot at this point, especially since the upgrade will do very little to improve this team to a championship. So, what was the point of the deal? The Wolves GAVE up a two picks in a deal that should've been a player for player deal.

You and I have been through this multiple times. Obviously we disagree with one another. You want that 3rd in 2023 pick and I’d like to win this year. You don’t want to win this year because you don’t think we’re good enough. I got your point. Chenier gives us a better chance this year. My opinion and you can’t convince me that Bulitka is the better player. It’s ok to disagree. I just wish we would have went ALL IN. We left assets on the table that we could have used for this year.

Last edited:

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
You and I have been through this multiple times. Obviously we disagree with one another. You want that 3rd in 2023 pick and I’d like to win this year. You don’t want to win this year because you don’t think we’re good enough. I got your point. Chenier gives us a better chance this year. My opinion and you can’t convince me that Bulitka is the better player. It’s ok to disagree. I just wish we would have went ALL IN. We left assets on the table that we could have used for this year.
Do you win with this team?
How deep do you go in the play offs?
If you answer NO to winning, and you dont get past 2nd round of the playoffs, then the trade did nothing. If you make it to the 3rd round of the play offs then he improved the team. But to ignore that the GM failed to fix what was broken with this team and that the Chenier trade some how makes it right?? Not understanding the logic.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Let's get all the experts to Preview game tonight versus Sault Ste.Marie, instead 10 pages of Bulitka vs Chenier, mainly by one poster. He did say he would move on, and not comment on my post, but keeps on getting baited.

Need this game tonight, I didn't have a chance to watch both NB games, hopefully a return with Byfield, because it's a different team when he is playing.

Soo always plays us tough, we will need to stay out of the box, clean D zone, and solid goaltending to have chance.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Actually multiple posters but using your theories then you are probably right. One poster.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
if the new bigger badder wolves cannot get a home split with NB & SSM; oh boy, heads should roll

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Hindsight Managers out there lets get a preview of the Soo game tonight. I want to hear your thoughts before the game and not after the game like most on here do, that's too easy.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Do you win with this team?
How deep do you go in the play offs?
If you answer NO to winning, and you dont get past 2nd round of the playoffs, then the trade did nothing. If you make it to the 3rd round of the play offs then he improved the team. But to ignore that the GM failed to fix what was broken with this team and that the Chenier trade some how makes it right?? Not understanding the logic.

I can’t see in the future bud. Nothing really matters until playoff time if that’s the measuring stick. You load up to give yourself a chance. The load up probably came up short because we didn’t move all in. We improved with Pekar and Chenier in the lineup. How much? We will see come playoff time. We can argue about moving a 3rd round pick all day. That 3rd round pick doesn’t get us to the 3rd round of the playoffs now does it. So what’s your logic? Stick with Bulitka, keep the picks we gave up for Pekar and then what? What’s your end game? 2022? 2023?? 2024?? All those assets don’t mean S*** unless your end game is 2023.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
you have in a way defended the wolves transaction a couple of times now. Being aware the wolves top six consisted of: LC-Byfield, LW - Hutcheson, Robinson, LW/C - Carson, Murray, Pekar, (Bulitka), LW/C/RW - Levin; do you make the LW/C move for a LW rather than D or RW?
My deadline for Sudbury would have looked quite different than Papineau's. I have only defended that the trades were fair. Suggestions that Bulitka carried the same market value as Chenier are ridiculous and should be treated as such.

Edit: fixed spelling for @Patverbeek

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes