Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Play by Play guy sounds and looks familiar. Wondering which OHL team he used to cover before. Northbay?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I really like the lines in this game, you have your top 6 players on the first two lines, instead of spreading them throughout the lineup. Our third and fourth line are decent. I like the 5 fwd PP, had to change something, scored 2 PP goals. Let's keep it going.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I really like the lines in this game, you have your top 6 players on the first two lines, instead of spreading them throughout the lineup. Our third and fourth line are decent. I like the 5 fwd PP, had to change something, scored 2 PP goals. Let's keep it going.
Agree. Second PP looked alot better. There trying to come up with different formulas that might work. You have to work with what you got and hope for success.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
How bout that goaltending! Wolves were in total control of the game. Weeks once again showing he can’t play in this league. For whatever reason, mental strength maybe but that first one he gave up was just sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: justawolfan

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Very sloppy play by Sudbury. Some guys look like they are free skating or free standing around.

Defence is backing in way too much or pinching up way too much. Scrabbly play which is giving way too much space for the Sting forwards. Ross needs to be better today. Backed in on Weeks and didn’t take the shooter or the pass away. Basically did nothing on that first goal.

Our forwards are not moving their feet enough. No sustained forecheck. Not getting any quality shots or chances.

Something is not right. I just want to see them compete! And some do for parts of the game and then take shifts off. Others just don’t look like they want to play today.

Pick up the play boys!

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Not a pretty win, good 1st period, 2nd period bad, 3rd period wasn't bad got the lead, but Wolves were gassed last 5 minutes or so in that period. Lots of things to clean up, line chemistry still work in progress. 5 on 5 needs to be better. The positive 3 PP goals.

First time I saw Perreault nice player.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Not a pretty win, good 1st period, 2nd period bad, 3rd period wasn't bad got the lead, but Wolves were gassed last 5 minutes or so in that period. Lots of things to clean up, line chemistry still work in progress. 5 on 5 needs to be better. The positive 3 PP goals.

First time I saw Perreault nice player.
For sure. If they can get the powerplay going it bodes very well. Need three big wins next weekend.

Reactions: Wisdom

howlman

Mar 9, 2004

Agreed, I liked the line combos they had for the Sarnia game. Hopefully they can build off that and start getting some more consistency/chemistry going. Also thought McCallum, Stillman and Manikis had good weekends. Good young line to keep together. Manikis was impressive

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
These games are must wins as Mississauga is playing great hockey and only four points back to take the division lead. They also have a good schedule that sees them play Niagara, Barrie and North Bay several times. Sudbury cannot let their foot off the gas here on to the end of the season. They need to play a more playoff style game that will get them motivated as they head towards the playoffs. Let’s see how they come out this week after finally getting 4 full days home to rest and practice.

WJ

Reactions: dirty12

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Was Everything good in the Wolves locker room or is Bulitka captain serious? Really hasn’t interacted with any of his former teammates here tonight

three dog night

May 3, 2014
These games are must wins as Mississauga is playing great hockey and only four points back to take the division lead. They also have a good schedule that sees them play Niagara, Barrie and North Bay several times. Sudbury cannot let their foot off the gas here on to the end of the season. They need to play a more playoff style game that will get them motivated as they head towards the playoffs. Let’s see how they come out this week after finally getting 4 full days home to rest and practice.

WJ
Niagara helped tonight

Reactions: howlman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->