Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Nice win. Was really hoping for Weeks to get the shutout and he played well. Byfield just makes everyone on the ice look mediocre.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Tidy game apart from the PP which was horrendous. Byfield basically won that on his own battling the flu though, which is quite impressive.

Reactions: djscooter

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Funny how quiet board is after a win, I guess no positives in this game? However, if it was a lost, all the Debbie Downers come out to make their expert opinion.
Funny how that works. Some people just like to bitch and moan.

Reactions: WaW

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Funny how quiet board is after a win, I guess no positives in this game? However, if it was a lost, all the Debbie Downers come out to make their expert opinion.

Common its so entertaining to see all these @$$$@ think their experts.

Reactions: WaW

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Funny how we win a game we are supposed to win and it some how changes the discussion. Perhaps some of us aren't so basic that we take it to a childish level that in somehow questioning management you don't support the team. Everyone wants this team to win. Byfield is clearly everything to this team. Our objective going forward against a quality team is score as many goals as we can and hope the backend does not get exposed. Since we really won't face too many tough teams going forward, let the cheerleading begin.

Reactions: dirty12

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Thank god not another Bulitka post, Halelujah!!!!!! So it's ok not to post when team is supposed to win, but when they lose allowed to comment, great level of doctrine I say.

So I guess we are not going to face any tough teams, so we will not need to post any longer (no guarantees in the OHL), to be honest not hearing another Bulitka post would be a delight.

Defence played well yesterday, and top line came through big time which is what we need from them on consistent basis.

Some harp on getting Defence help, what do you think Samuelsson was acquired for sh@ts and giggles, he started off rough but has done a good job. Majority of our D group will be back next year so big plus.

Where are the other Hindsight Managers? I need to know their views on yesterdays game so I can get educated to their level.

Reactions: WolvesFan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The wolves got a must win vs a team they must win against at home. That is a positive.
Who cares about next year’s D right now? Right now the wolves are playing for a gimme 2-seed. Yeah it’s too bad management could not/would not do everything possible to win now. Let’s just hope the wolves win all the games they should and be ready for the playoffs.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Thanks Hindsight Manager #1 for your input, what did you think of Defence yesterday and Stillman went with Weeks? I would love your feedback.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The wolves D did well against a weak opponent. Does that satisfy you cub? What is it you want stated, cub know good coach & cub know good GM?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
That is already a given doesn't need to be stated thank you. I think the Soo is a better team than their record states not sure what is going on there. Do you feel the Soo needs a coaching change?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
That is already a given doesn't need to be stated thank you. I think the Soo is a better team than their record states not sure what is going on there. Do you feel the Soo needs a coaching change?

I just think the Soo is in their down cycle and not at all ever in the hunt this season. Saginaw is at their peak. Flint and Windsor are nearing it. That only takes into account one side of the conference. Sarnia & SSM need time.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
just stated cost of traded players, was not suggesting those were available to the wolves as Phillips & Gogalev (reportedly) refused a trade to Flint.
I think a big reason those other players I suggested did not move is only London & Sudbury would be potential OA buyers left once Flint made their move
Funny you mention Gogalev....if there was a trade on the table that involved Hillis Gogalev and Daws...this was prior to the Pekar trade..and it involved McCallum, Thompson and Bulitka and picks...would you consider that an all in trade? I would...

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I think Bulitka is key to that deal, no way wouldn't do that deal, spoke to jwu he agrees.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Funny you mention Gogalev....if there was a trade on the table that involved Hillis Gogalev and Daws...this was prior to the Pekar trade..and it involved McCallum, Thompson and Bulitka and picks...would you consider that an all in trade? I would...

Guelph didn’t want to sell. They were right in the mix before their current losing streak. It takes two to tango.

I think I do that trade though. Would prefer not to move Thompson but you have to give to get.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
The Guelph OA was also on waivers Cub, and clearly the question is ..would that be an all in trade? This has nothing to do with Bulitka..put on your big boy pants and answer the question.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Guelph didn’t want to sell. They were right in the mix before their current losing streak. It takes two to tango.

I think I do that trade though. Would prefer not to move Thompson but you have to give to get.
Exactly ..that is an all in trade. If you knew that trade was on the table and the GM didn't take it because he didnt want to lose Thompson you would shake your head. Maybe Cub thinks he knows what is going on but maybe just maybe he doesn't.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

That would definitely have been an all-in move. It probably would not have gone down quite like that though as that has no OA swap or import that Papineau really must have wanted considering price paid for Pekar.
I believe that Guelph would have done that deal as Thompson being RD fits perfectly with their great looking group of ‘02 born.
I would have been excited by that trade, but really prefer that Thompson for Daws was not done. Hillis & Gordeev for MacCallum & Bulitka or Carson & picks (in addition to Pekar trade) was what I hoped for.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Exactly ..that is an all in trade. If you knew that trade was on the table and the GM didn't take it because he didnt want to lose Thompson you would shake your head. Maybe Cub thinks he knows what is going on but maybe just maybe he doesn't.

I’d still prefer not to move Thompson. Would push for them to Phillips and take more picks, or promise a two part deal including Larmand or Anania. you do get a better defencman you also give up your top D. We would have a better team with Gogolev and Thompson in the back end. I have no say and respect what Paps is thinking. If he does get Byfield back next year his D core next year looks to be very strong.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
jwu told me if the Guelph guys were on the table for trade, some OHL team would made that move, so it didn't happened he tells me. He doesn't like to be hindsight manager and doesn't want to speculate.

Reactions: yalbmert25

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Remember though the Guelph OA was also on recallable waivers ...

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
jwu told me if the Guelph guys were on the table for trade, some OHL team would made that move, so it didn't happened he tells me. He doesn't like to be hindsight manager and doesn't want to speculate.
Remember last year when you knew all the trades before they happened and you were wrong. You are wrong on this like you are wrong on jwu. Keep it coming Cub because these stories will come out. If you dont want to part with players deals dont happen. I am sure Byfield would love to be on a contender team. Maybe when he comes back next year that will happen.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Guelph wanted to continue down path of re-tooling, not buy. Burnett said as much in a deadline interview. There was reports of a done deal of Vierling & picks for Phillips & Gogalev pending NTCs. It was said later that neither Gogalev or Hillis wanted to leave Guelph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad