Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I can’t see in the future bud. Nothing really matters until playoff time if that’s the measuring stick. You load up to give yourself a chance. The load up probably came up short because we didn’t move all in. We improved with Pekar and Chenier in the lineup. How much? We will see come playoff time. We can argue about moving a 3rd round pick all day. That 3rd round pick doesn’t get us to the 3rd round of the playoffs now does it. So what’s your logic? Stick with Bulitka, keep the picks we gave up for Pekar and then what? What’s your end game? 2022? 2023?? 2024?? All those assets don’t mean S*** unless your end game is 2023.

:thumbu:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
My deadline for Sudbury would have looked quite different than Papineaus. I have only defended that the trades were fair. Suggestions that Bulitka carried the same market value as Chenier are ridiculous and should be treated as such.

:thumbu: here comes 5 more pages from one poster.:)

cub

Apr 11, 2012
My deadline for Sudbury would have looked quite different than Papineaus. I have only defended that the trades were fair. Suggestions that Bulitka carried the same market value as Chenier are ridiculous and should be treated as such.

HockeyPops, I know you are a stickler for spelling, it's Papineau not Papineaus. :)

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
You and I have been through this multiple times. Obviously we disagree with one another. You want that 3rd in 2023 pick and I’d like to win this year. You don’t want to win this year because you don’t think we’re good enough. I got your point. Chenier gives us a better chance this year. My opinion and you can’t convince me that Bulitka is the better player. It’s ok to disagree. I just wish we would have went ALL IN. We left assets on the table that we could have used for this year.
Well, you haven't read anything half of the posters are saying... No issue with Pekar... Chenier trade did NOT fill/fix the need. No problem moving on from this as you have stated play offs will determine what was successful. Our discussion is really about management not making the right moves period. Some people can handle the discussion and some people mock and create smoke screens rather than admit the ball was dropped.

Reactions: dirty12

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Hopefully the team can make some passes. Last night there was numerous times a pass to a another player barely made it or didn't make it at all. Watched Samuelsson do that quite often.
Lots of young men and women in our section spending more time on their phones or standing up to go get more booze. Had to tell a few to sit the f##k down.One was actually vaping. Im turning into that grumpy old man.:laugh:

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
My deadline for Sudbury would have looked quite different than Papineau's. I have only defended that the trades were fair. Suggestions that Bulitka carried the same market value as Chenier are ridiculous and should be treated as such.

Edit: fixed spelling for @Patverbeek
Said no one.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Hopefully the team can make some passes. Last night there was numerous times a pass to a another player barely made it or didn't make it at all. Watched Samuelsson do that quite often.
Lots of young men and women in our section spending more time on their phones or standing up to go get more booze. Had to tell a few to sit the f##k down.One was actually vaping. Im turning into that grumpy old man.:laugh:
I have liked Samuelson recently but last night he was definitely off. Hopefully he can pick it up tonight..

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Suggestions that Bulitka carried the same market value as Chenier are ridiculous and should be treated as such.
Said no one.
My mistake, must have misunderstood.
To give up draft picks in a trade with little apparent upside is odd at best
A head scratcher for sure.
Giving up picks?? Even if Chenier scores goals..people are acting like Bulitka didnt?

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Hindsight Managers out there lets get a preview of the Soo game tonight. I want to hear your thoughts before the game and not after the game like most on here do, that's too easy.
Do you think Papineau should be immune from criticism? For how many more years?

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Chenier trade did NOT fill/fix the need

You weren’t getting Daws for a 3rd, 8th and Bulitka. I know I’m stating the obvious here. Obviously Papineau was against Completely selling the farm. At least it seems that way to me. His team, his right. You can criticize if you want. That’s your right as a fan and a wannabe GM. There would be criticism if they traded the farm for Daws and an OA D. Which would probably satisfy your team needs.

I would have absolutely loved Lodnia in a Wolves uniform. Would have been a larger upgrade then Chenier 100%!! I think Paps asked about him and Daws balked at the prices. So since those players were likely unobtainable, or would have to severely overpay, Since Papineau “overvalued his assets” (according to OHLinsider) Paps decides to go after cheaper upgrades since he probably like me, wants to win in 2020. Maybe Chenier is a slight overpay, but it didn’t cost you the farm. Maybe he should have!

is Chenier better then Bulitka? I get the vibe your saying no to this one, which is again your right and the reason for our discussion right? I believe Chenier is, overall a better player then Bulitka. That makes THIS YEARS team better regardless of giving up a pick 3 years from now. My opinion. I’m not forcing you to feel the same way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisdom

cub

Apr 11, 2012
You weren’t getting Daws for a 3rd, 8th and Bulitka. I know I’m stating the obvious here. Obviously Papineau was against Completely selling the farm. At least it seems that way to me. His team, his right. You can criticize if you want. That’s your right as a fan and a wannabe GM. There would be criticism if they traded the farm for Daws and an OA D. Which would probably satisfy your team needs.

I would have absolutely loved Lodnia in a Wolves uniform. Would have been a larger upgrade then Chenier 100%!! I think Paps asked about him and Daws balked at the prices. So since those players were likely unobtainable, or would have to severely overpay, Since Papineau “overvalued his assets” (according to OHLinsider) Paps decides to go after cheaper upgrades since he probably like me, wants to win in 2020. Maybe Chenier is a slight overpay, but it didn’t cost you the farm. Maybe he should have!

is Chenier better then Bulitka? I get the vibe your saying no to this one, which is again your right and the reason for our discussion right? I believe Chenier is, overall a better player then Bulitka. That makes THIS YEARS team better regardless of giving up a pick 3 years from now. My opinion. I’m not forcing you to feel the same way.

:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

cub

Apr 11, 2012

:)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

The whole argument behind ‘fix/fill a need’ is why bring in a LW when there were 8 left shots (none excel at RW) rotating through the top six. Gordeev or Lodinia or Josling would have been the right play; and, the right price would be no where selling the farm. Wilms went for OA + 2,4. Phillips went for 2,3,4.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
The whole argument behind ‘fix/fill a need’ is why bring in a LW when there were 8 left shots (none excel at RW) rotating through the top six. Gordeev or Lodinia or Josling would have been the right play; and, the right price would be no where selling the farm. Wilms went for OA + 2,4. Phillips went for 2,3,4.

Willms is a left shot. Although is a capable RW. Coincidence that both those guys end up in London? Is it possible those guys wouldn’t play here? Asking for a friend.

no argument from me regarding the other names. All impact players that would have really helped the lineup. just unsure what the price tags were and since they weren’t moved.

Guelph seemed unwilling to sell at deadline when they probably should have.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Clearly the logic is wasted. Crazy how a discussion criticizing management continually comes back to a player -player comparison. An orange to apples comparison at best. Let's hope we are wrong and the wolves go deep into the playoffs.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Willms is a left shot. Although is a capable RW. Coincidence that both those guys end up in London? Is it possible those guys wouldn’t play here? Asking for a friend.

no argument from me regarding the other names. All impact players that would have really helped the lineup. just unsure what the price tags were and since they weren’t moved.

Guelph seemed unwilling to sell at deadline when they probably should have.

just stated cost of traded players, was not suggesting those were available to the wolves as Phillips & Gogalev (reportedly) refused a trade to Flint.
I think a big reason those other players I suggested did not move is only London & Sudbury would be potential OA buyers left once Flint made their move

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad