Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Windsor will be a good test for the Wolves. This should be a pretty good marker of team caliber between division leaders in separate conferences.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Well today I learned its apparently fair game to clobber someone who does not have the puck. Hopefully, Murray's not injured, but it did not seem great. Same deal for Robinson. Shame the OHL gets idiots like Douglas run around and refuses to actually call penalties on them.

Continuing to run out Gilhula to give-up the puck, and Loponen to make bad back passes on the PP really drives me up a wall too.

Saw Papineau in the build tonight, guess he's not out scouting for the deadline like other GMs.

Bright side, killer games from Carson and Robinson in particular. I thought most of the defence aside from Loponen looked good too.

Last edited:

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Well today I learned its apparently fair game to clobber someone who does not have the puck. Hopefully, Murray's not injured, but it did not seem great. Same deal for Robinson. Shame the OHL gets idiots like Douglas run around and refuses to actually call penalties on them.

Continuing to run out Gilhula to give-up the puck, and Loponen to make bad back passes on the PP really drives me up a wall too.

Saw Papineau in the build tonight, guess he's not out scouting for the deadline like other GMs.

Bright side, killer games from Carson and Robinson in particular. I thought most of the defence aside from Loponen looked good too.

The Douglas collision with Robinson was not intentional at all.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Was hoping they would have put Byfield at center when Hayton went down I wanted to see what he could have done playing along side of Lafreniere they had 10 minutes left in a 5-0 game got to get Byfield going somehow

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Was hoping they would have put Byfield at center when Hayton went down I wanted to see what he could have done playing along side of Lafreniere they had 10 minutes left in a 5-0 game got to get Byfield going somehow

Byfield didn't have a good tournament so far i actually thought there was a chance he would be picked first but Lafreniere is in a league of his own i actually think Byfield might not go 2nd in the draft.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I think Drysdale really moved up. Byfield should still go second, can’t pass on a big talented centre like Quinton.

Reactions: yalbmert25

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
I think Drysdale really moved up. Byfield should still go second, can’t pass on a big talented centre like Quinton.
Byfield didn't have a good tournament so far i actually thought there was a chance he would be picked first but Lafreniere is in a league of his own i actually think Byfield might not go 2nd in the draft.

The elite potential hasn’t gone anywhere! He’s had a bad tournament for sure. I swear I always see him lose his footing and fall on the ice. Just trying too hard. I also don’t think the big ice helps him. He’s way more effective on smaller ice. I still think he goes top3. There’s just way too much to work with arguably the most important position on the ice.

Reactions: dirty12

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
The elite potential hasn’t gone anywhere! He’s had a bad tournament for sure. I swear I always see him lose his footing and fall on the ice. Just trying too hard. I also don’t think the big ice helps him. He’s way more effective on smaller ice. I still think he goes top3. There’s just way too much to work with arguably the most important position on the ice.
And he is a young man in a big body, with potential to add 30 lbs easily. He will be a dominant NHLer at 23 years old. I believe he has the most potential of draftable players. He is a full year younger than Lafrenier.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

Everyone knows the NHL draft is about how the player is today and not 5+ years from now. They also know that the world juniors are literally the only thing that matters, especially when the player is playing out of position and getting 8 minutes of ice time a game.

What I'm saying is, no one should draft Byfield and he should play out his 5 year career for the Wolves.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Everyone knows the NHL draft is about how the player is today and not 5+ years from now. They also know that the world juniors are literally the only thing that matters, especially when the player is playing out of position and getting 8 minutes of ice time a game.

What I'm saying is, no one should draft Byfield and he should play out his 5 year career for the Wolves.

Keep smoking the weed. :)

Reactions: soo hound girl

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario

Hahahahaha! That would be awesome!

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007

Put it this way if im picking #2 he's the one im picking.

Reactions: yalbmert25

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
So... what’s the team going to look like when they play their next home game?

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
This tournament will have no bearing on his draft status, if Alexi was draft eligible last season would his performance have affected his status? My biggest concern is Quinton returning and lacking confidence and getting away from his game. Let’s hope Paps is able to add a few pieces especially a winger for Byfields line. I have a gut feeling a high end Euro will be added shortly.

Reactions: jjhound

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I would guess by the last two games, Bulitka is gone whether traded or released to make room for the RW forward that Byfield's camp is probably demanding. If there is not an upgrade to the goaltending and the D, I think the playoff run will be short lived. I don't think Bulitka is the player that I would move but based on his drop down the line up and the pimping of Carson, that is how it is going to go down. It will be interesting to see how things unfold. I would be looking for a 19 year old as opposed to an OA however that is clearly not the rumours I am hearing.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I would guess by the last two games, Bulitka is gone whether traded or released to make room for the RW forward that Byfield's camp is probably demanding. If there is not an upgrade to the goaltending and the D, I think the playoff run will be short lived. I don't think Bulitka is the player that I would move but based on his drop down the line up and the pimping of Carson, that is how it is going to go down. It will be interesting to see how things unfold. I would be looking for a 19 year old as opposed to an OA however that is clearly not the rumours I am hearing.
Ya just when he's showed some pretty good skills and compete. That penalty shot goal was sick. I'd rather not part with him but what do you do I guess.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Ya just when he's showed some pretty good skills and compete. That penalty shot goal was sick. I'd rather not part with him but what do you do I guess.

I don't believe that the Oas or offence is the trouble. The defence and goaltending are. Acquiring someone to play along Byfield is not going to solve the problems of keeping goals against down. Fixing the defensive solution is...…

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016

I like this idea!!!

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Standing O for Q this Friday! Congrats on gold Quinton! I have no worries with Byfield's confidence once returning to Sudz, high character kid who will be hungry and motivated coming back as the "go to guy" for the Wolves and will continue dominating the play in the OHL. As well a potential new looking team Friday with some new upgrades! Don't fail us Paps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad