Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If that is the best case, then why make the deals and lose the picks at all?

Idk, because the GM saw a squirrel? He has a short attention span, thus he cannot stick to a plan?
Why refer this half-in question my way? Since mid-summer myself and some others were (clearly) hopeful management would stick to the plan and be committed to ADD! in this incredible window of opportunity and see where the tank/rebuild can go

Reactions: howlman

cub

Apr 11, 2012
We have a game with Sarnia, all you experts I like to hear your preview for this game. Please share.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Pretty hard to predict ay game. There s an old saying that "you're only as good as your last game". Looking at the stats over the last 10 games, both teams are in going in the wrong direction. It should be an interesting game today. Sarnia is at the bottom of the West and only 7 pts behind Sudbury.

The big difference will be speed of the Sting forwards vs the speed of the Wolves D and ultimately, goal tending, that dirty word in Sudbury.

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Should be a pretty even game teams are of similar caliber but you already know that...

thanks for your expertise opinion. Do you see Stillman changing up the lines? Will Purboo start again? Will Ribeau be in the lineup today? Please share your thoughts.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
We have a game with Sarnia, all you experts I like to hear your preview for this game. Please share.

7-3 wolves if Purboo is in goal, closer if not.
Although nearly as good as the team could be if there was a want to win in management, the wolves are better than their record indicates. I think the final standings will reflect that.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Cub, since you know good coach and you know good GM, please share your thoughts

Last edited:

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
If Sarina starts Gaudreau he could really be up to playing against the Wolves which could be a problem for us. Don't forget folks, game time is 4pm today.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Cub, since you know good coach and you know good GM, please share your thoughts

I will refrain giving my opinion at this time, so many here are so far superior with their expertise. I want to absorb everything so I can get to their level.

Especially from posters on other boards, they do great service of reminding us on our standings, divisional record. I really believe in their heart they are not posting this information to upset Sudbury Wolves fans on our board. I want them to continue to Keep up the good work.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Whatcha mean wisdom?
Its an old term where someone uses multiple nicks from a single computer to argue with each other on boards like this. If they didn't clear their cache (cookies)between responses to each other they would accidently post a response using the same profile. Hence burning cookies.
It has been deleted. LOL

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Its an old term where someone uses multiple nicks from a single computer to argue with each other on boards like this. If they didn't clear their cache (cookies)between responses to each other they would accidently post a response using the same profile. Hence burning cookies.
It has been deleted. LOL

Yes I saw that, or maybe there is two of them not knowing responding to their own comment. I always thought there was two people using that same profile.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Here are my thoughts of game today, Stillman will mix up the lines again, last two games not much happening.

I think Purboo will get the start, his play has gotten better, but we need an extra good game from him today.

I really did like the fourth line of McCallum, Stillman, and Manikas yesterday they did generate some chances. That will push Hutchinson up in the line up. I would like to see Chenier play with Byfield, he is physical, digs for pucks and give Byfield a little more space out there.

Not sure if Ribeau gets in the lineup today, I do like his game, but it sort of the pecking order right now, unless he knocks out the park and stays in the lineup.

I really don't know too much about Sarnia, I do know they have some weapons, if I'm correct I think Rees might be suspended? If that's the case should be to the Wolves benefit.

I have no idea what to expect with the Wolves lately, but they need this win badly.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
This is a picture of where the wolves rank amongst their peer in the West.

but we’re an eastern conference team. The fact that we would sit outside the playoffs in the west is completely irrelevant. I shouldn’t have to explain this to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iloveallsports
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad