Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
The Wolves need to figure out a couple of things and fast. Zone entry on the PP is atrocious. Murray can’t come in the zone and always get poke checked. What the hell do they work on in practice.

And they should definitely work on the facebooks. Losing Bulitka really hurts in the dot. Carson doesn’t win a lot, Wilmms was dominant over Byfield, and Murray is whatever.

Levin, Stillman need to stop the cute passes the turnovers in the middle of the ice is ridiculous. Totally out of sync. As I have said the compete level isn’t there or the will to win. Not from everyone consistently.

London jumps in mistakes and the Wolves made plenty tonight.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
yeah, a good run is expected after having spent all of the assets acquired from the trading Lalonde, Bowman, Lyszcarczyk, Pezzetta, O’Grady, Sokolov during the tank for Byfield.

:nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity: Dirty where is Barclay Branch when we need him. ha ha ha.:dunce::dunce::dunce:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
That's one big friggin team. Wow.

If they learn to play as big as they are, they could do some damage. It was far too easy for the Knights to skate around at will tonight.
The Biggest softest team! Byfield is not physical enough and I blame the coaches on his stagnant development, they should of found more vets for him this year so that he could develop his physical game. Too much is expected from a 17 year old even as talented as he is. Its a 19-20 year old league especially in the stretch. The Pilons provided alot of space last season. If returned next season I would not want to be in Sudbury based on what Papineau has created around him and the lack of development I think we are starting to see. Same can be said for Phillips and Thompson. The coaches have not helped these guys improve imo and the management has not helped by getting some leaders on the backend this season. Tucker, Paquette, Wilson, York, to a name a few that were dealt to help lead their new teams. Some huge mistakes were made in constructing this team this year. I have to agree with dirty in some respect with Papineau did and had then mismanaged the assets. Stratis and Niz were huge mistakes. And over payments in other deals when you didn't complete the construction. Especially this year. It just seems like they fly off the seat of their pants in that management room. Mississauga and Hamilton are playing much better hockey. More hungry and may jump a head of Sudbury in the coming weeks. Unless the team wakes up and play with more urgency and limited mistake then they may find some motivation and surprise but they are far off IMO.

WJ

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

cub

Apr 11, 2012
The Biggest softest team! Byfield is not physical enough and I blame the coaches on his stagnant development, they should of found more vets for him this year so that he could develop his physical game. Too much is expected from a 17 year old even as talented as he is. Its a 19-20 year old league especially in the stretch. The Pilons provided alot of space last season. If returned next season I would not want to be in Sudbury based on what Papineau has created around him and the lack of development I think we are starting to see. Same can be said for Phillips and Thompson. The coaches have not helped these guys improve imo and the management has not helped by getting some leaders on the backend this season. Tucker, Paquette, Wilson, York, to a name a few that were dealt to help lead their new teams. Some huge mistakes were made in constructing this team this year. I have to agree with dirty in some respect with Papineau did and had then mismanaged the assets. Stratis and Niz were huge mistakes. And over payments in other deals when you didn't complete the construction. Especially this year. It just seems like they fly off the seat of their pants in that management room. Mississauga and Hamilton are playing much better hockey. More hungry and may jump a head of Sudbury in the coming weeks. Unless the team wakes up and play with more urgency and limited mistake then they may find some motivation and surprise but they are far off IMO.

WJ

Here we go again, Hindsight Manager at his best. No mention of Butler this year. :dunce::dunce::dunce:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
No mention of Butler since
Here we go again, Hindsight Manager at his best. No mention of Butler this year. :dunce::dunce::dunce:[/QUOTE

No no mention of Butler since the organization pretty much stopped talking about him. Wonder if his former coach is still a scout of ours! Call me what you want but not understating why you take my posts so personal. Just pointing out what’s fact. Sorry have to take your shades off sometimes. Don’t know if you get free admission to defend all the time but man I don’t know how long you expect this team to take to actually ice a winner!

WJ

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
My goodness some of you guys have high and lows Stay even keel. After a loss it's doom and gloom. Youcarry some heavy hearts and get crushed. Let's be honest here, what percentage actually thought we'd win tonight, exactly! In the back of your head you knew they would lose and now crying cause they got beat. Maybe a little less emotionally involved, and you'll be alright. It is what it is. This team has some flaws that they will struggle with it from period a to period game to game. Just except it

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Here we go again, Hindsight Manager at his best. No mention of Butler this year. :dunce::dunce::dunce:
To be fair, I agree hindsight managing is useless but I do believe that is the point of reflection. Typically hindsight is what leads to firings, and we look at the past to predict the future for many things so it is somewhat important. For example saying x amount of second OA picks move on to the NHL is using hindsight to determine the future, or in other cases we look back and ask why a pick flopped using hindsight so it doesn't happen again. As long as someone has been consistent I dont think there is much of a problem with hindsight... NOW if you're changing your opinion and pretending yo felt one way all along without acknowledging it, that is a very different story

Reactions: justawolfan

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
I was at this game and well... I don't see it. Knights dominated. Sudbury put up the white flag early. Team needed this kick in the you know what if they plan on truly contending. Playing against weaker teams in their division might be giving them a false sense of skill. I dunno, it was bad tonight.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I don't get a chance to watch the Wolves very often, but was glad that I got my first live look at Byfield tonight--his first game at the Bud (in a Wolves' uniform). Byfield is dangerous, opens up a lot of ice for his linemates. Levin, as I mentioned, had that highlight reel goal. I also like Phillips, #7 on D. In the second period, Phillips had a great opportunity to score on a give and go, but the Sudbury forward couldn't get him the puck. If that pass went through, the puck would have been in the back of the net.
That's all I got...well, I was going to whine about the cold weather in London tonight -6, but I know you'd just roll your eyes like this little fellow... :rolleyes: -6, come on...
Good luck the rest of the way!

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
The Wolves need to figure out a couple of things and fast. Zone entry on the PP is atrocious. Murray can’t come in the zone and always get poke checked. What the hell do they work on in practice.

And they should definitely work on the facebooks. Losing Bulitka really hurts in the dot. Carson doesn’t win a lot, Wilmms was dominant over Byfield, and Murray is whatever.

Levin, Stillman need to stop the cute passes the turnovers in the middle of the ice is ridiculous. Totally out of sync. As I have said the compete level isn’t there or the will to win. Not from everyone consistently.

WJ
The knights have some of the very best face-off men in the league, this is the one team I wouldn't worry about that with because I'd be pumped if we even went even with them

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I was at this game and well... I don't see it. Knights dominated. Sudbury put up the white flag early. Team needed this kick in the you know what if they plan on truly contending. Playing against weaker teams in their division might be giving them a false sense of skill. I dunno, it was bad tonight.
Precisely it’s like they have tuned out the coaches. Not a good vibe coming from this bench. And some guys are negative as they have stuck around this team too long doing nothing. Some should of been swapped out a year or two ago aka Gilhula, Hutch... GLAD I’m not the only one who sees Sudbury giving up early and not playing with urgency.

WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I don't get a chance to watch the Wolves very often, but was glad that I got my first live look at Byfield tonight--his first game at the Bud (in a Wolves' uniform). Byfield is dangerous, opens up a lot of ice for his linemates. Levin, as I mentioned, had that highlight reel goal. I also like Phillips, #7 on D. In the second period, Phillips had a great opportunity to score on a give and go, but the Sudbury forward couldn't get him the puck. If that pass went through, the puck would have been in the back of the net.
That's all I got...well, I was going to whine about the cold weather in London tonight -6, but I know you'd just roll your eyes like this little fellow... :rolleyes: -6, come on...
Good luck the rest of the way!
And those are the mistakes I talk of. The give and go to Phillips would have resulted a sure goal at that point. Instead of a 3-2 score and maybe boost the bench Stillman takes a selfish shot where Brochu has the angle covered. We need to make smarter plays.

WJ

Reactions: nelli27

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
The knights have some of the very best face-off men in the league, this is the one team I wouldn't worry about that with because I'd be pumped if we even went even with them[/QUOTe

I know they do but that doesn’t mean we give up. We should be working harder to win puck battles or at making clean passes and play the body and position not the puck. What we lack needs to be picked up in another area. As another London poster out it Sudbury was dominated mostly and waved the white flag quite early.well some players did after it tied 1-1.

WJ

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
You know if you view other boards like I believe most do , they don't have this negativity. It's shameful. Other teams voice their displeasure but never throw their team under the bus. They always have a positive spin They never bash its team. Pretty much supportive. You have a team just down the highway who's had some tough , tough seasons but they support their team. There board is very active, even with its struggles. This board can learn a few things. Support your team, no matter how bad they are how bad things appear to be.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
You know if you view other boards like I believe most do , they don't have this negativity. It's shameful. Other teams voice their displeasure but never throw their team under the bus. They always have a positive spin They never bash its team. Pretty much supportive. You have a team just down the highway who's had some tough , tough seasons but they support their team. There board is very active, even with its struggles. This board can learn a few things. Support your team, no matter how bad they are how bad things appear to be.

:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017

WJ
GM failed to meet the need at the trade deadline. Sacraficed a heart and soul player for what reason I will never figure out and throws away picks on an OA so we lose against teams we always lose against and beat teams that we were already beating. That is a brilliant hockey mind at play. I bet teams will be busting our door down to get their hands on that template.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
COMPETE is all this team needs to do to get support from its fans. Been around long enough and supported way worse teams. But they always had pride. If they all played with the heart Carson has they will win a lot of people over. Bulitka was another but he’s gone now.

WJ

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Precisely it’s like they have tuned out the coaches. Not a good vibe coming from this bench. And some guys are negative as they have stuck around this team too long doing nothing. Some should of been swapped out a year or two ago aka Gilhula, Hutch... GLAD I’m not the only one who sees Sudbury giving up early and not playing with urgency.

WJ
Successful teams tweak before,during, and after seasons. We sit and do nothing and then panic and over pay at trade deadline. Also, if you were serious about making a run for it, you can't have a young d... trading an OA and picks for an OA d would have made sense.. but nope didnt do that!

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
:nopity::nopity::nopity: 3 years in ownership and management I guess we should win the Memorial Cup this year.

Never said win Memorial Cup this year Cubby.. we'll see in another 3 years (2023) if we're any closer. New ownership is a good thing, Dario just needs to find the right GM that can get the job done and build a contender. Remember Sam McMaster? That's the type of GM this team needs, and we haven't seen one like him in a long time.

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Never said win Memorial Cup this year Cubby.. we'll see in another 3 years (2023) if we're any closer. New ownership is a good thing, Dario just needs to find the right GM that can get the job done and build a contender.

That's your opinion, but why every lost we have to resort in rehashing the same crap all the time.. How about critiquing the game and give an opinion. This ownership, management and coaching bashing gets tiresome, it's Groundhog Day every day. It is actually embarrassing how people on here are so quick to crap on the team every lost, but when they win very silent.

Many other boards you rarely hear feuding but support their team, the Sudbury board is a total embarrassment. I understand the frustration, but constant whining gets exhausting. Same guys say the same crap on every post, bring something else to the game, anybody can criticize deals after the fact, but at the time we're totally legit. Let's move on from the negativity, and move to some constructive criticism.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
You bashed Branch all the time cubby, come on now.. and yes he was brutal. Paps is entering that conversation quickly with this team he's built and the trade deadline we just witnessed

Reactions: dirty12

cub

Apr 11, 2012
You bashed Branch all the time cubby, come on now..

Yes I may of guilty of it with BB, but I brought more to the board. My main beef was he was manager of the team but didn't live in the City, I felt he didn't have real feel of the team living down south. imo.

At the same time I tried to give my observations of the game and give some insight. Also if I had some insider information I tried to share on the board.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Does anyone seem to think like I do that Quinton looks tired? He just does not seem to have that same jump. He just seems to be trying too hard. Please I am not knocking him, but all the press of late and all the hype may be to overwhelming. What do others think?

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Does anyone seem to think like I do that Quinton looks tired? He just does not seem to have that same jump. He just seems to be trying too hard. Please I am not knocking him, but all the press of late and all the hype may be to overwhelming. What do others think?
I was just talking to my son in law this morning who was at the game last night and he was saying that Byfield looked tired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad