Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
Expect Hamilton to swing a deal with Niagara. Strome, Saigon and Mattinen or possibly one of those three.

Expect Ottawa to make offers on Saigon, Maksimovich to fill the OA spots and pursue Suzuki/Phillips or Tippet.

Expect Saginaw to try and pry Tippet as they did McLeod.

Expect Sudbury to deal for Garaffa and Hugg or Yantis. Possibly Landry and Martin.

WJ

I see Landry as a very likely candidate to land in Sudbury.
The way he sees the ice on the PP is impressive. And is exactly what our Pp needs. Price not likely as high as some other ideas floating around out there.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
You know what would be really funny to see?

Papineau makes no moves

Ukko comes back lights it up and the team goes unbeaten streak like the one most recent.
Then the conversation on here will be " oh my god, this team is on fire. We can upset two teams in the playoffs. This team is amazing!"

LOL!

Takes two to tangle folks. So many trade proposals being bantered about. Reaching for the stars on top names but...

What do we give in return?

Table scraps! Giving away food we don't want and expect others to eat it

LOL!

Have anybody looked at the draft board for the next two years? Not alot there.

The wolves have shown who they really are. Sure they can play better but Ukko rocks and without a decent goalie you see the results.

If they can make a tweak as ive mentioned fine ( maybe find a back up goalie for security and release McGrath) but if not, ride on Ukko to steal you a few games which will again give the team the swag the had weeks ago.

I just don't think we have the chips to get done what some are asking the wolves to do.

We shall see.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
All rookies struggle st times...

Phillips and a Thompson are going to be studs in this league.. IMO of course

2021 looks to be promising for wolves D then, in your opinion of course. The wolves will just have to worry about replacing the ‘99 F group and early graduation of Byfield, and find adequate goaltending.

Bird dog

Jan 5, 2019
Guelph lands Gordeev Sudbury has nothing to trade with sadly. Looks like UKKO has to go.

Ukko cannot get traded, CHL Import rule is that Euro players cannot be traded in their 1st season in the league. Only way he gets traded is if he somehow gets sent back next year by Buffalo and then they can trade him next year but the chances of him being sent back is 0%

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Paps simply over estimated the value of his club, and as WJ suggested failed to make earlier moves. The only thing saving us is teams in our division are also losing while Ukko is gone. Looks like Blaine may be driving home alone. There is still 5 days to go to the deadline. Maybe Paps will still hit a home run. KEEP THE FAITH.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Ukko cannot get traded, CHL Import rule is that Euro players cannot be traded in their 1st season in the league. Only way he gets traded is if he somehow gets sent back next year by Buffalo and then they can trade him next year but the chances of him being sent back is 0%

Rules change.
you can now putt with the flag in; and, trade 1st year imports after December trade freeze

Reactions: MJ5

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Ukko cannot get traded, CHL Import rule is that Euro players cannot be traded in their 1st season in the league. Only way he gets traded is if he somehow gets sent back next year by Buffalo and then they can trade him next year but the chances of him being sent back is 0%[/QU Interesting

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
OHL insider is reporting Sudbury is trying real hard too add but seem to be left in the dust by other teams. As I stated earlier this should be a real eye opener for PAP'S of what is the true value of his team going forward. Wolves fans tend to over value their players however the rest of the teams don't see it that way. One of two things is happening, Players are simply not developing in Sudbury for whatever reason, or the scouting staff is not capable of identifying players that have true potential. This is the reason the so called rebuild is in it's 6th year. Next year other than the Q and Thompson it will be another fingers crossed season. We cannot continue to ride a lame horse as are true value seems to be a team of 4th liners in the eyes of other GM,s. Looking more and more like keeping UKKO is fruitless sadly enough.
It is disturbing that some of our players seem to regress. Murray and Carson are good examples.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You know what would be really funny to see?

Papineau makes no moves

Ukko comes back lights it up and the team goes unbeaten streak like the one most recent.
Then the conversation on here will be " oh my god, this team is on fire. We can upset two teams in the playoffs. This team is amazing!"

LOL!

Takes two to tangle folks. So many trade proposals being bantered about. Reaching for the stars on top names but...

What do we give in return?

Table scraps! Giving away food we don't want and expect others to eat it

LOL!

Have anybody looked at the draft board for the next two years? Not alot there.

The wolves have shown who they really are. Sure they can play better but Ukko rocks and without a decent goalie you see the results.

If they can make a tweak as ive mentioned fine ( maybe find a back up goalie for security and release McGrath) but if not, ride on Ukko to steal you a few games which will again give the team the swag the had weeks ago.

I just don't think we have the chips to get done what some are asking the wolves to do.

We shall see.
Do you know where I can get an updated draft board?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
You are missing my point! And since when do you not make a trade when you are winning. London doesn’t have a problem doing that or Niagara or Ottawa. Your arguement has no merit. It’s the best time to make them when you have less pressure and not out of desperation. As well we were still young and needed another vet to settle things down on the backend particularly when UKKO was gone. If you been watching the Wolves long enough Its easy to predict the Wolves future it was almost a sure thing we were going to lose almost every game while UKKO was gone

1. McGrath is horrible!
2. The defence as I mentioned were fragile and needed some veteran help.
3. The confidence has been sucked out of the team by not making a simple sign to the players that we are going to get better and make a minor splash at the deadline.

It’s like management always has a way of messing things up no matter who sits in that corner office.

WJ

My argument has merit, comparing London to the Wolves is laughable. London is in position they have set themselves with many valuable assets that they are always in position to help there lineup. Also getting players that have left college to join them only makes the club better. We don't have the assets unless we get rid of our best players, or give away a ton of draft picks. Like I said no use picking up players if the backup goalie can't help you when UPL is gone.

Ukko will be back, lets see how it plays out still lots of time trade deadline, Papineau is experience enough that he is not panicking just to make a deal for the hell of it, it has make sense to better the team. Lets see how it plays out.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
What did Gordeev go to Guelph for?

WJ
It hasn’t been confirmed yet, things change last minute, see the whole Niagara situation right now as a prime example of this. Several deals supposedly done but that can’t happen for some reason or another.

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
It hasn’t been confirmed yet, things change last minute, see the whole Niagara situation right now as a prime example of this. Several deals supposedly done but that can’t happen for some reason or another.
NTC is a powerful thing is the players decides to use it.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
NTC is a powerful thing is the players decides to use it.
It’s really a pain for fans and management alike, but I suppose it makes sense when you remember that these are just kids, with friends, school, family and futures outside of hockey to think of.

Reactions: dirty12

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
It’s really a pain for fans and management alike, but I suppose it makes sense when you remember that these are just kids, with friends, school, family and futures outside of hockey to think of.
Well if he won’t report to Guelph I don’t like the chances of him reporting here. Unless I’m missing something.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Good point. They’re not pros and many will never be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad