Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
The Wolves need the money.... Big payroll.

No doubt. I would imagine all teams could use the cash influx for a playoff run. I think this team would have been in the top eight in the division and would have made the first round without Ukko. I think they were hoping for more than that.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...with that goaltending I would not want to face the woofers in the playoffs.….I look for upsets from Wolves and Battalion...good goalies..special teams...defense is scary for both though...

Reactions: Drop the Puck

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Add Garreffa to QB the powerplay
Add Grima on the backend
Add Dellandrea in a Murray package

With Ukko returning and these moves, anything can happen come playoffs if everything clicks

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I am disappointed that tweaks weren't made prior to Ukko leaving. It would give the players confidence that the organization believes they can make a deeper play off run and it would have helped our young d core and shaky goalie situation. You need to keep the confidence up. I would say confidence is at an all time low right now for this season.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I am disappointed that tweaks weren't made prior to Ukko leaving. It would give the players confidence that the organization believes they can make a deeper play off run and it would have helped our young d core and shaky goalie situation. You need to keep the confidence up. I would say confidence is at an all time low right now for this season.
Ah we don’t know that for sure. It’s a slump. These kids generally think a lot of themselves believe me. If it continues after the deadline and Ukko comes back that would be different. One thing I would think they do not have confidence in is the goaltending and I don’t blame them.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'm hearing we are keying on Neumann and Jacob Golden, not sure what we would be giving up.

Reactions: howlman

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I'm hearing we are keying on Neumann and Jacob Golden, not sure what we would be giving up.
Golden could of been persued a month ago. It’s not a deadline biggie. Neumann would be great. But we need more help on defence than Golden.

WJ

Reactions: LDN

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Have been saying this at nausem for over a month. I blame Papineau for part of this 5 game losing streak or at least for not keeping things exciting by tweaking.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Have been saying this at nausem for over a month. I blame Papineau for part of this 5 game losing streak or at least for not keeping things exciting by tweaking.

WJ

WJ, I didn't know Papineau could predict the future. Team was playing great into the break, 12 game home streak, 4 place in the conference, first in the division. No manager would make moves when things are extremely going well.

Even we did make a trades prior to Ukko leaving it would not help us in win column, because are issue is with the backup goalie in McGrath he has been struggling, and the team hasn't played well in front of him either. McGrath has 11 starts with a 4.05 avg, and a .865 save percentage with only 2 wins. Against Windsor he let in 4 goals in 20 shots. If anything that was missed is finding a suitable back up goalie to come in, but these are hard to find.

Give it a break.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
If the Wolves take away Lukkonnen and Byfield, the Wolves are left with the lineup that did not make the playoffs. There are many 3rd and 4th liners on this team that are playing way above their skill level. On another team, they are in bottom of the lineup or are heathy scratches.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
WJ, I didn't know Papineau could predict the future. Team was playing great into the break, 12 game home streak, 4 place in the conference, first in the division. No manager would make moves when things are extremely going well.

Even we did make a trades prior to Ukko leaving it would not help us in win column, because are issue is with the backup goalie in McGrath he has been struggling, and the team hasn't played well in front of him either. McGrath has 11 starts with a 4.05 avg, and a .865 save percentage with only 2 wins. Against Windsor he let in 4 goals in 20 shots. If anything that was missed is finding a suitable back up goalie to come in, but these are hard to find.

Give it a break.
You are missing my point! And since when do you not make a trade when you are winning. London doesn’t have a problem doing that or Niagara or Ottawa. Your arguement has no merit. It’s the best time to make them when you have less pressure and not out of desperation. As well we were still young and needed another vet to settle things down on the backend particularly when UKKO was gone. If you been watching the Wolves long enough Its easy to predict the Wolves future it was almost a sure thing we were going to lose almost every game while UKKO was gone

1. McGrath is horrible!
2. The defence as I mentioned were fragile and needed some veteran help.
3. The confidence has been sucked out of the team by not making a simple sign to the players that we are going to get better and make a minor splash at the deadline.

It’s like management always has a way of messing things up no matter who sits in that corner office.

WJ

Last edited:

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Goodbye Brent Neumann just traded to Oshawa, if Pap's waits long enough he will have a good excuse for not making any moves. This really baffels me. I sure hope he has something up his sleeve in the coming days. Have not given up hope yet. Heard weaks ago Sagieon.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
You are missing my point! And since when do you not make a trade when you are winning. London doesn’t have a problem doing that or Niagara or Ottawa. Your arguement has no merit. It’s the best time to make them when you have less pressure and not out of desperation. As well we were still young and needed another vet to settle things down on the backend particularly when UKKO was gone. If you been watching the Wolves long enough Its easy to predict the Wolves future it was almost a sure thing we were going to lose almost every game while UKKO was gone

1. McGrath is horrible!
2. The defence as I mentioned were fragile and needed some veteran help.
3. The confidence has been sucked out of the team by not making a simple sign to the players that we are going to get better and make a minor splash at the deadline.

It’s like management always has a way of messing things up no matter who sits in that corner office.

Stop making excuses. Papineau is not immune to criticize. In fact he should get used to it because UKKO is the only thing that has saved him from some embarrassment this season. Let’s be honest as the above poster stated the only two players Byfield and UKKO are premiere. The rest is the same and the number one pick from last season that everyone believes will be the saviour to our future are not really saying much right now. It shouldn’t take very long to assess your team and the certain players that have capped their potential. The draft reports and rankings have been interesting reads and I don’t see the Wolves getting players picked in the upcoming NHL draft again IMO.

WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Goodbye Brent Neumann just traded to Oshawa, if Pap's waits long enough he will have a good excuse for not making any moves. This really baffels me. I sure hope he has something up his sleeve in the coming days. Have not given up hope yet. Heard weaks ago Sagieon.
Oshawa has traded for Saltrini and now Neuman. More pure offence than the Wolves ever had all season. And Oshawa is a head of us in the standings and will probably remain there.

WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Expect Hamilton to swing a deal with Niagara. Strome, Saigon and Mattinen or possibly one of those three.

Expect Ottawa to make offers on Saigon, Maksimovich to fill the OA spots and pursue Suzuki/Phillips or Tippet.

Expect Saginaw to try and pry Tippet as they did McLeod.

Expect Sudbury to deal for Garaffa and Hugg or Yantis. Possibly Landry and Martin.

WJ

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
OHL insider is reporting Sudbury is trying real hard too add but seem to be left in the dust by other teams. As I stated earlier this should be a real eye opener for PAP'S of what is the true value of his team going forward. Wolves fans tend to over value their players however the rest of the teams don't see it that way. One of two things is happening, Players are simply not developing in Sudbury for whatever reason, or the scouting staff is not capable of identifying players that have true potential. This is the reason the so called rebuild is in it's 6th year. Next year other than the Q and Thompson it will be another fingers crossed season. We cannot continue to ride a lame horse as are true value seems to be a team of 4th liners in the eyes of other GM,s. Looking more and more like keeping UKKO is fruitless sadly enough.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
OHL insider is reporting Sudbury is trying real hard too add but seem to be left in the dust by other teams. As I stated earlier this should be a real eye opener for PAP'S of what is the true value of his team going forward. Wolves fans tend to over value their players however the rest of the teams don't see it that way. One of two things is happening, Players are simply not developing in Sudbury for whatever reason, or the scouting staff is not capable of identifying players that have true potential. This is the reason the so called rebuild is in it's 6th year. Next year other than the Q and Thompson it will be another fingers crossed season. We cannot continue to ride a lame horse as are true value seems to be a team of 4th liners in the eyes of other GM,s. Looking more and more like keeping UKKO is fruitless sadly enough.
Yup figured he needed to start adding a while ago. Good luck Paps! Keeping Malik to begin with was a horrible mistake and waste. I could go on and on but it started from training camp when certain young players were let go too soon and some players who were not deserving of spots were kept. Butler should have started the season. We should added another import player etc... we gambled by waiting to the deadline figuring some team wouldn’t be buying but Oshawa lands Saltraini and Neuman when they are supposed to sell. Heck even adding Beraldo from the Petes would of been helpful. Teams tinkered while Sudbury over thought the process IMO. He will be forced to give more draft picks then he wanted to make something happen.

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

And, Thompson does not look great

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Saginaw has just landed a big fish in Tippett for Pueter And 6 picks. Sudbury will be in over their head tomorrow in Saginaw.

WJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad