Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Brandon Saad signs with the Blues (5 years, $4.5M AAV)

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Basically, they replaced Hoffman by Saad.

A decent upgrade. And a decent upgrade to Schwartz with Buchnevich. Now just have to see what happens with Tarasenko. Otherwise not the terrible offseason a lot of fans feared.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Armstrong proves again why he is one of the best GMs in the league. Didn't panic yesterday during the market frenzy and paid Saad exactly what the Blues were able to fit in to their cap without necessitating any additional moves. Saad is coming off a 6 year 36M contract at an AAV of 6M. 6.5M in actual salary last year. How many players took a 2M hit in base salary for next season during yesterday's mania? Probably not many.

Armstrong has balls of steel. He's not always right. But his shrewdness had paid off for the Blues big time.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Armstrong proves again why he is one of the best GMs in the league. Didn't panic yesterday during the market frenzy and paid Saad exactly what the Blues were able to fit in to their cap without necessitating any additional moves. Saad is coming off a 6 year 36M contract at an AAV of 6M. 6.5M in actual salary last year. How many players took a 2M hit in base salary for next season during yesterday's mania? Probably not many.

Armstrong has balls of steel. He's not always right. But his shrewdness had paid off for the Blues big time.
He’s always been a good gm and evaluator of talent. Glad he got that cup

pdavemoney

May 29, 2019
Blues got

RoR
Perron
Buchnevich
Kyrou
Thomas
Saad
Sundqvist
Barbashev
Sanford

That's a strong ass top 9 already. Think they have to move Tarasenko or maybe play one of those guys in a limited role for a while
You forgot Schenn.
Edit: already addressed. Sorry, should've read the thread first.

Reactions: hamzarocks

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
What an insane career of contracts this kid has had...
He's earned like $50-60 million in his career now with this contract... $50-60 million. Brandon Saad.

The opitomy of ... keep your head down, don't make any noise, just go out and skate hard, try to pot a goal a week.... cash the checks.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Would have preferred him over Hoffman

A more complete player, but not the natural scorer. I was wondering if they might look at him right before the Hoffman announcement came down. I like the deal for the Blues, and would have liked it for Montreal. I do like the Hoffman signing though.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Danault and Hyman both got a million more than Saad and additional year(s). Did Saad wait too long to agree on the term and money?

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
How did Colorado not match this and no one else beat this?

He's a perfect fit in New Jersey, Montreal, LA, Ottawa, even Toronto off the top of my head

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
What an insane career of contracts this kid has had...
He's earned like $50-60 million in his career now with this contract... $50-60 million. Brandon Saad.

The opitomy of ... keep your head down, don't make any noise, just go out and skate hard, try to pot a goal a week.... cash the checks.

Except he forgets to check his timesheet and keeps doing it in the playoffs, after there are no more checks to cash. If the rest of Colorado followed his meek approach they'd have gotten past Vegas.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Over / under on Saad scoring 25g with ROR and Perron? I think I’m taking the over

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Wow I totally forgot about the Tarasenko saga this offseason.. I wonder what will happen there
Pretty simple really. Armstrong will look for a good trade. If he can't work one out, then Tarasenko will start the year on the Blues. If Tarasenko plays well then he may be traded midseason/at the TDL, or maybe both sides can reconcile and he stays.

Extremely unlikely that the Blues would be willing to retain significant salary, take back significant cap dump(s), or trade Tarasenko for peanuts. McJedi's ideas that the Blues will have to attach Robert Thomas in order to move Tarasenko are clown-shoes-laughable.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00