Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Brandon Saad signs with the Blues (5 years, $4.5M AAV)

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Saad was fantastic on the Avs, one of the only people to show up in our shit games against Vegas and was consistent all season long. Wish Joe would've figured out a way with a Compher trade and not signing Gru but oh well.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
So the Blues snagged one Avs winger after all.
Likely had no chance of affording him unless he really gave us a discount, and even then..

Loved having him though, quality top 6 forward who really brings it in the playoffs and helps set the tone. While not a star or top line producer he's gonna have a positive impact and complement the higher skill players perfectly by doing all the dirty work. Don't take that to say he doesn't have some skills himself that he'll flash, just that he's really consistent in bringing that meat and potatoes game that many skill first players really benefit from.

Thank you, this has been my scouting report from watching Saad play for a single year and barely noticing him previously.

4.5 is a great AAV, but I don't think the Avalanche have the sort of cap situation that would allow them to retain him even then. Some things still need to shake out, but that would be a close shave I imagine.

Reactions: stl76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad