Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Brandon Saad signs with the Blues (5 years, $4.5M AAV)

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Kinda shocks me that he's only 28.

lol another signing that won't age well.

except for really super elite or generational talent like Ovi, Crosby, McDavid, may be even Malkin these kinda contracts can be found on every team.

I guess the trade off is that give me a lot of your stuff right now and and we will be fine with not getting alot of your stuff later

I think this is not a bad ploy to have as long as you have drafted well to get cheap but really good help from your ELCs

The worst scenarios are the ones where you trade the house and are cap strapped and still cannot ice a competitive roster to give yourself a good chance.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
if they can move tank for a stud D that would be pretty much a solid off season for the blues

That seems to be the problem with any Tarasenko trade. Reports suggest that teams aren't offering much of anything. To the point where apparently StL told Tarasenko's agent that Tarasenko should be ready to play for StL this season. Not sure where that goes from here. StL can tell him play for us or sit at home but do you want a clearly disgruntled guy putting in a mediocre effort? Maybe StL can find a similarly situated sort of player but would StL want to take back somebody else's former star with injury issues at a high cap hit? I don't see this as a trade StL "wins". Maybe they just get a conditional pick and go from there?

Reactions: PromisedLand

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Saad was fantastic on the Avs, one of the only people to show up in our shit games against Vegas and was consistent all season long. Wish Joe would've figured out a way with a Compher trade and not signing Gru but oh well.
Not really true. Saad was invisible for a few decent sized stretches of the regular season. But he was money in the playoffs.

term is a little long but that AAV is St Louis friendly. Nice deal for them.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blues got

RoR
Perron
Buchnevich
Kyrou
Thomas
Saad
Sundqvist
Barbashev
Sanford

That's a strong ass top 9 already. Think they have to move Tarasenko or maybe play one of those guys in a limited role for a while

Don’t forget Kostin. He’s a man beast power forward. He’s about ready to burst on to the scene

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Wow I totally forgot about the Tarasenko saga this offseason.. I wonder what will happen there
Depends on how much St Louis retains on him. He’s not getting traded to a Buffalo or Arizona. A contender won’t have cap space for his awful contract unless they send back their own bad contract(s) to stay under the cap.

he’ll likely play for St. Louis this season if healthy.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad