GDT: Start of Vezina Bob | Jackets@Islanders | 7:00 PM 3/11/19|Fox Sport Ohio

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
How they happen also matters. Indeed, I'd say they matter a great deal more.

* * *​

...sweet ****ing G-d almighty, y'all really can't tell the difference?

Okay. Done for the evening. I'm just going to spend way too much time arguing with grumpy folks and that's not going to help anything for anyone. We'll reconvene in the morning.

You did well coach.... next game... :)

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Tortasaurus and crew . The staff that can’t coach offense . How many 20g scores on this team ? 6 ? And that doesn’t include Bjorkstrand who should have way more goals if he played in a normal offensive system .

Reactions: GoJackets1

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The locks’ playoff odds sit at 59.4% now. With a Carolina win in OT/regulation it goes to 58.0. Carolina shootout win it goes to 58.1%, Carolina shootout loss it goes to 59.3%, Carolina OT loss goes to 59.3%, and Colorado regulation win it goes to 60.9%.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
...sweet ****ing G-d almighty, y'all really can't tell the difference?

Okay. Done for the evening. I'm just going to spend way too much time arguing with grumpy folks and that's not going to help anything for anyone. We'll reconvene in the morning.
Look..

I get you are Miss Positivity on the board.

It's appreciated.

But please can we not put lipstick on a pig? This team needs wins or they are going to miss the playoffs. If you want to be happy for the effort, that's your prerogative. But for the love of "sweet ****ing G-d almighty" don't tell me I should be content with how we're playing better. We have way too many useless players on this team. Enough with the bull shit. This team isn't getting it done, I'm not going to act like it's going to be all okay. If they continue down this path, we have no business in the playoffs, let alone winning the Cup. Because...ya know, that's why we went and got all those players...

FWIW: Duchene was and is our best player right now.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
How long until management realizes a Torts offense is an inept offense no matter how much talent is on it?

I’ll agree with others that said Boone was missed. Maybe if he was in, Torts wouldn’t have switched up the lines... (he really has to stop doing that)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Duchene most overrated player in the league
Gave them the puck on the first goal with a pee wee turnover

Thanks Jarmo

Guy has 62 points this year...is a .75 ppg guy for his career. Put him on TB and he would fit right in. Let him play on the same line for a whole game or two to get used to whatever offensive system the Jackets use. He is not the most overrated player in the league.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Yeah totally... let’s just grab a bunch of guys who skate in quicksand. Then we can take Tampa for sure!
I do agree that when your playing against a trap, and against the Islanders , your not going to get many clean looks , so u better have asses in the goalies face , and try to tip some puck In. Everything was 1 shot , and usually clean look for their goalie

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Guy has 62 points this year...is a .75 ppg guy for his career. Put him on TB and he would fit right in. Let him play on the same line for a whole game or two to get used to whatever offensive system the Jackets use. He is not the most overrated player in the league.
Yup. Dude is a great player , dominant faceoff man , creative , good speed . Trying to play in a system with no identity

Reactions: Gagnefan924

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Tortasaurus and crew . The staff that can’t coach offense . How many 20g scores on this team ? 6 ? And that doesn’t include Bjorkstrand who should have way more goals if he played in a normal offensive system .
He's the third leading goal scorer since Dec 23 posting 11 goals. About the 9th option for Torts when he needs goals.....still building up trust I guess.

But to your point. Yes! There is just too much scoring ability on this team to play so badly on offense.

Reactions: GoJackets1

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
How they happen also matters. Indeed, I'd say they matter a great deal more

Normally I’d agree 100%. But when every game is teatering for your playoff life, I can’t agree. This wouldn’t be a bad loss in say November, but at this time of year, in our position, it’s crippling.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm just curious - people are able to tell the difference between this game and, say, the Devils game, right?

Jackets had their fair share of chances. It's not fun but this is about as good as it's going to look when they're down a goal and the Isles are gumming up the middle of the ice.

Of course, we lost the game, so all negative statements are valid, and all positive invalid, so forget whatever I just said.

Reactions: Viqsi

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
This game is critical. If we lose this, there will never be a unified theory that ties together quantum mechanics and general relativity.

No pressure, though.

Especially now that string theory has fallen out of favor. Screw you Brian Greene! You are no more a real scientist than Bill Nye Not a Science Guy or Neil deGrasse He's an Ass Tyson.

Reactions: logan etherton

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
He's the third leading goal scorer since Dec 23 posting 11 goals. About the 9th option for Torts when he needs goals.....still building up trust I guess.

But to your point. Yes! There is just too much scoring ability on this team to play so badly on offense.
People forget that we had a 40 game stretch last year , where we couldn’t score 2 g . That’s not a personell issue , it’s a coaching issue .

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Yes it's ALL Duchene fault!!! Hillarious. Not this so called coach impotent on offence. "We have our own identity! WE are allergic to skill!!" BOo hoo!

And Panarin doesn't care about your playoffs, he got his 70 points, big contract is secure. Now counting days when it's finally over.

Reactions: Madifer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad