GDT: Start of Vezina Bob | Jackets@Islanders | 7:00 PM 3/11/19|Fox Sport Ohio

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
At least Bob is playing well. Not that it matters with this offense..

The war isnt over yet, but they cant keep losing all these battles :(

Good night

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
how did the Avs get so much better last season after they traded Duchene?

Why did the Sens suck with Duchene

Why does Columbus suck with Duchene?

maybe I am the only 1 who sees a pattern, fair enough

everyone take care, 4:30 am comes awful early

#CBJ Forever, win or lose, pissed or happy

maybe the revolving 5 year plan will stop revolving and work 1 year, I'll be here if so

We all know the pattern. There's a simple answer to all of your questions, and that is that hockey is the ultimate team sport, and results are very rarely attributable to individual players. Our minds like to work over individuals narratives and simple patterns, but that's misleading.

The more detailed answer, team by team:

1) Sakic dragged Duchene through two years of trade rumors and it helped sink him and their team. They've had endless ups and downs over the years (and some very good runs with Duchene). They benefited greatly last year from the quantum leap Mackinnon took skill-wise, though they're still not that good of a team.

2) Duchene happened to be acquired just as an epic feud was beginning involving some other player's wives, it ruined their year and led to the beginning of a mass exodus. They are much worse now without him.

3) I'm sure we could come up with a long list. I'll start with the fact that Panarin is only playing with his hands, not his feet (perhaps someone can give him a chair to relax in).

Last edited:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
It's TortureLLLa 4rth year FFS! If you're blaming Duchene for his history how TortureLLLa gets a pass with his loser history? He had no answers last year. he was lucky they had easy schedule and catched that streak at the end of the year, but last season was abysmall. Same BS, no offence sh..ty PP - like in every team he coached before!

And he choked that 2:0 series lead, put the blame on Bob and got away with it. Don't even want to start on keeping Larsen. F.... him. f.. them both.
I'm on the fence about Torts, but I've been done with Larsen for awhile now.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Okay point it out next time someone says we get 2 points for a moral anything.

The reason the Jackets have the fewest OT loss points is because they win in OT.

And in one goal third period games they never get to OT.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
how did the Avs get so much better last season after they traded Duchene?

Why did the Sens suck with Duchene

Why does Columbus suck with Duchene?

maybe I am the only 1 who sees a pattern, fair enough

everyone take care, 4:30 am comes awful early

#CBJ Forever, win or lose, pissed or happy

maybe the revolving 5 year plan will stop revolving and work 1 year, I'll be here if so

Correlation does not always equal causation
630730393010147bef2141c708965df1.png

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
So is Bread busy mentally picking out Manhattan penthouses or a Hamptons mansion? Because his head certainly hasn't been in the game.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
And Carolina goes up 2-0. They'll be 4 up on us now.

We are now playing for the right to play Tampa, and with the way we've been playing, even that's a longshot.

We pretty much have to win tomorrow and Friday or we are officially finished.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
And Carolina goes up 2-0. They'll be 4 up on us now.

We are now playing for the right to play Tampa, and with the way we've been playing, even that's a longshot.

We pretty much have to win tomorrow and Friday or we are officially finished.

They’re not winning tomorrow. But I do agree Friday is must win for the season

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Viqsi is not telling you how to feel about the loss.

People have made a lot of different statements about whether the team played the right way. You can look back in the thread and find a lot of statements similar to "you can feel a goal is coming", "they're playing too well to lose this", etc... And now that it's over we've gone back to saying they're all a bunch of useless bums like after the Devils game. Debating the nature of the game is not the same as saying you should feel good about the loss.

I do think this is true, too. Hopefully they take the positives from this game into the Bruins game and not the frustrations.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Duchene and Panarin seems like they need a few more grinders for the team. Someone must have a voodoo doll of Duchene.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
So now it is down to Jackets, Habs and Flyers for the right to play 4 games in the playoffs. Does it still matter at this point?

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
So now it is down to Jackets, Habs and Flyers for the right to play 4 games in the playoffs. Does it still matter at this point?
But at least you have a choice, right? 5 or 6 times Boston will ... on your $43M forwards.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
My 2 cents..

1- Our aim on shots is terrible. We can't pick spots, we simply miss high, wide right, wide left.. or shoot it directly into the goalie's gut on a consistent basis.

2-Why has Panarin suddenly disappeared? is he upset that with Duchene and Dzingel acquisitions he's no longer the talk of the team? Complain about Foligno, Wennberg, Duchene... Panarin is the biggest MIA issue right now (IMO)

3- Bob getting back into the zone, would be nice if our offense could follow and start scoring some goals.

4-Something has gotta give re: coaching in the off-season ... because offense issues and the power play... please, make the pain stop!

5-Quote of the night from the Guru Barry Trotz... "we played 4 lines, they played 3" :help:

Reactions: Gagnefan924

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I turned off my TV in disgust after the empty netter but as I turned it off it sounded like Jody was really laying into Panarin. Is that what happened?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
My 2 cents..

1- Our aim on shots is terrible. We can't pick spots, we simply miss high, wide right, wide left.. or shoot it directly into the goalie's gut on a consistent basis.

2-Why has Panarin suddenly disappeared? is he upset that with Duchene and Dzingel acquisitions he's no longer the talk of the team? Complain about Foligno, Wennberg, Duchene... Panarin is the biggest MIA issue right now (IMO)

3- Bob getting back into the zone, would be nice if our offense could follow and start scoring some goals.

4-Something has gotta give re: coaching in the off-season ... because offense issues and the power play... please, make the pain stop!

5-Quote of the night from the Guru Barry Trotz... "we played 4 lines, they played 3" :help:

1 - I think it's partly a function of the Isles gumming up the middle of the ice, there's nowhere to shoot so guys try shooting for that bit of net that you can't see, that might not be there. (your stick is not in line with your eyes).

2 - His slump has definitely hurt the most.

3 - Bob's been so damn good.

4 - Why wait until the off-season?

5 - This has been a persistent problem with Torts, that Barry Trotz might be deliberately needling him for. I can understand shortening the bench down a goal in the third, but Torts does it long before then and guys get tired. It's not going to help the effort tonight against the Bruins.

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
1 - I think it's partly a function of the Isles gumming up the middle of the ice, there's nowhere to shoot so guys try shooting for that bit of net that you can't see, that might not be there. (your stick is not in line with your eyes).

2 - His slump has definitely hurt the most.

3 - Bob's been so damn good.

4 - Why wait until the off-season?

5 - This has been a persistent problem with Torts, that Barry Trotz might be deliberately needling him for. I can understand shortening the bench down a goal in the third, but Torts does it long before then and guys get tired. It's not going to help the effort tonight against the Bruins.

1- Considering the talent level of our D, why can't we do the same thing to other teams?

4- IMO: Because the team as a whole feels so mentally unstable that I'm not sure a coaching change at this point helps more than it hurts the room.

5- Yep.. felt like it was deliberately being pointed out. And kinda funny/interesting in a way.. considering they are good friends (Trotz was one of the few who taped a congrats message for Tort's wins accomplishment earlier in the season)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
1- Considering the talent level of our D, why can't we do the same thing to other teams?

4- IMO: Because the team as a whole feels so mentally unstable that I'm not sure a coaching change at this point helps more than it hurts the room.

5- Yep.. felt like it was deliberately being pointed out. And kinda funny/interesting in a way.. considering they are good friends (Trotz was one of the few who taped a congrats message for Tort's wins accomplishment earlier in the season)

1 - It wouldn't be that hard to shoot against if it was just the D. 4-5 Islanders would be standing in the middle of the zone.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Panarin is showing the world that he is a spoiled brat.

Beyond that, however, is the simple but hard truth that it is time for Torts to go. His "I don't coach offense" is from a previous decade. The game has simply moved by him. Now good teams score with skill. Their is a strategy to their offense. The era of checking and scoring solely off the check is over unless you have an absolutely air tight, smothering defense. I genuinely like Torts as a person. He is an engaging guy to have around. But his approach to hockey is from another era.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halfboard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad