GDT: Start of Vezina Bob | Jackets@Islanders | 7:00 PM 3/11/19|Fox Sport Ohio

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Jackets had their fair share of chances. It's not fun but this is about as good as it's going to look when they're down a goal and the Isles are gumming up the middle of the ice.

Of course, we lost the game, so all negative statements are valid, and all positive invalid, so forget whatever I just said.
I mean, we quite clearly dominated possession and overall the game in general. It’s just frustrating to not really see any mid-game adjustments other than changing up the lines. Josh looked great, and I thought Savvy played really well. When Duchene was on the ice the puck was moving in the Isles zone.

I’ll give the Isles credit, they play the shittiest hockey in the world, and it works. But at some point Torts has to figure out that when you play a team like the Isles, you have to adjust.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Yes it's ALL Duchene fault!!! Hillarious. Not this so called coach impotent on offence. "We have our own identity! WE are allergic to skill!!" BOo hoo!

And Panarin doesn't care about your playoffs, he got his 70 points, big contract is secure. Now counting days when it's finally over.
Our identity is we're afraid to go in the hard areas to score. Sooo much time spent on the half wall!

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
How they happen also matters. Indeed, I'd say they matter a great deal more.

* * *​

Winning is all that matters. There is no playoff entry or championship metric in this league involving style points. Nobody cares how winning is accomplished. This isn’t an art contest or figure skating.

You are crowned a winner or a loser for beating your opponent, and we are not doing that. It doesn’t matter how good or bad you look doing it.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Normally I’d agree 100%. But when every game is teatering for your playoff life, I can’t agree. This wouldn’t be a bad loss in say November, but at this time of year, in our position, it’s crippling.

Viqsi is not telling you how to feel about the loss.

People have made a lot of different statements about whether the team played the right way. You can look back in the thread and find a lot of statements similar to "you can feel a goal is coming", "they're playing too well to lose this", etc... And now that it's over we've gone back to saying they're all a bunch of useless bums like after the Devils game. Debating the nature of the game is not the same as saying you should feel good about the loss.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

People have made a lot of different statements about whether the team played the right way. You can look back in the thread and find a lot of statements similar to "you can feel a goal is coming", "they're playing too well to lose this", etc... And now that it's over we've gone back to saying they're all a bunch of useless bums like after the Devils game. Debating the nature of the game is not the same as saying you should feel good about the loss.

And yes I do agree that they deserved better tonight. Said it multiple times. However, that is moral victories. And those get nothing at this point of the year, and like I said the inability to get a point of a game like tonight will be the reason they miss. It’s not just this game, it’s happened all year. Least amount of OT losses of any playoff contending team in the east by a mile.

Reactions: GoJackets1

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
How long until management realizes a Torts offense is an inept offense no matter how much talent is on it?

I’ll agree with others that said Boone was missed. Maybe if he was in, Torts wouldn’t have switched up the lines... (he really has to stop doing that)
I think that's right - Torts probably wouldn't have changed up lines ad Boone played. However, he boxed himself in a corner by starting Dubi between Andy and Foligno. That was doomed to fail at the outset. While I thought he'd just put Wennberg there after proof Dubi wasn't the solution, I'm not going to complain about the lines he ended up using. But you're right, that didn't help our continuity though Andy played well with 19-95.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

Like her, you are making up an argument that literally nobody has made w/r/t “the Devils game.”

The fact is that we have been shut out three times in six games, while passing on the draft for the privilege. It’s valid to be frustrated with this.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
acquiring players with a track history of losing, regardless of personal stats, does not make you a better team
I'm sick of hearing the "acquire Ottawa players get Ottawa results" BS.

You know what gets you Ottawa results?

More than half your f***ing team being useless offensively.

Everything is going to be difficult and hard to do when your only guys you can rely upon offense are Panarin, Atkinson, Duchene Anderson Bjorkstrand and Jones.

Everything is difficult when you haven't had a goal from your captain in how long? Wennberg? Werenski? Dubois? Dubinsky?

The only defenseman on this team that is effective offensively right now is Jones.

The only guy that didn't play the puck like a hot potato in the offensive zone tonight was Matt Duchene.

How are you going to win when your entire team, that was performing earlier in the year, decides to completely stop doing the things that got them there?

This isn't a Matt Duchene and Dzingel problem, it's a everyone else on the team sucking problem.

Reactions: CarolinaBlueJacket

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Like her, you are making up an argument that literally nobody has made w/r/t “the Devils game.”

The fact is that we have been shut out three times in six games, while passing on the draft for the privilege. It’s valid to be frustrated with this.

I'm frustrated, I'm not telling you not to be. I've just reiterated the call for Torts firing twenty minutes ago.

Losing the 2 points sucks. It just doesn't tell you a lot about, say, the qualities of Matt Duchene as a hockey player. Complaining about literally everything, even the players who played well, is just sad grasping at straws.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
And yes I do agree that they deserved better tonight. Said it multiple times. However, that is moral victories. And those get nothing at this point of the year, and like I said the inability to get a point of a game like tonight will be the reason they miss. It’s not just this game, it’s happened all year. Least amount of OT losses of any playoff contending team in the east by a mile.

Okay point it out next time someone says we get 2 points for a moral anything.

The reason the Jackets have the fewest OT loss points is because they win in OT.

Reactions: Viqsi

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I'm frustrated, I'm not telling you not to be. I've just reiterated the call for Torts firing twenty minutes ago.

Losing the 2 points sucks. It just doesn't tell you a lot about, say, the qualities of Matt Duchene as a hockey player. Complaining about literally everything, even the players who played well, is just sad grasping at straws.
Completely agree.

The only thing you have to do is compare our results last year around this time to this year, and with a much worse team to boot. Torts has lost it in my opinion. There is an inability to get results when it matters and that is bottom line around this time of the year.

Reactions: majormajor

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I'm sick of hearing the "acquire Ottawa players get Ottawa results" BS.

You know what gets you Ottawa results?

More than half your ****ing team being useless offensively.

Everything is going to be difficult and hard to do when your only guys you can rely upon offense are Panarin, Atkinson, Duchene Anderson Bjorkstrand and Jones.

Everything is difficult when you haven't had a goal from your captain in how long? Wennberg? Werenski? Dubois? Dubinsky?

The only defenseman on this team that is effective offensively right now is Jones.

The only guy that didn't play the puck like a hot potato in the offensive zone tonight was Matt Duchene.

How are you going to win when your entire team, that was performing earlier in the year, decides to completely stop doing the things that got them there?

This isn't a Matt Duchene and Dzingel problem, it's a everyone else on the team sucking problem.
Post of the night . Bravo

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Good players can be on bad teams like the Jackets.

how did the Avs get so much better last season after they traded Duchene?

Why did the Sens suck with Duchene

Why does Columbus suck with Duchene?

maybe I am the only 1 who sees a pattern, fair enough

everyone take care, 4:30 am comes awful early

#CBJ Forever, win or lose, pissed or happy

maybe the revolving 5 year plan will stop revolving and work 1 year, I'll be here if so

Reactions: Dark Ambient

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
And I want to clarify, while I think there is something to picking up players at the deadline who can play playoff hockey, I don't think the new guys are the reason why we suck.

What happened to Panarin, DuBois, Foligno, Werenski, Nuti?!? Especially Panarin. As he has gone, the team has gone all year.

We have the most expensive and suckiest 4th line in the league.

Our power play is 28th in the league! Only 3 teams are worse.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
how did the Avs get so much better last season after they traded Duchene?

Why did the Sens suck with Duchene

Why does Columbus suck with Duchene?

maybe I am the only 1 who sees a pattern, fair enough

everyone take care, 4:30 am comes awful early

#CBJ Forever, win or lose, pissed or happy

maybe the revolving 5 year plan will stop revolving and work 1 year, I'll be here if so

We agree on 2 things

1. It's not worth losing sleep over
2. We'll be back to the Jackets tomorrow

Reactions: WerenskiRules

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
It's TortureLLLa 4rth year FFS! If you're blaming Duchene for his history how TortureLLLa gets a pass with his loser history? He had no answers last year. he was lucky they had easy schedule and catched that streak at the end of the year, but last season was abysmall. Same BS, no offence sh..ty PP - like in every team he coached before!

And he choked that 2:0 series lead, put the blame on Bob and got away with it. Don't even want to start on keeping Larsen. F.... him. f.. them both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->