GDT: Start of Vezina Bob | Jackets@Islanders | 7:00 PM 3/11/19|Fox Sport Ohio

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Like wtf is this team's offense? There is no plan. we're up a man and all we do is stand there and watch Panarin pass it back and forth? He's not going to **** out a goal from the half board. ****ing pathetic display.
There was nothing there. Every single other lane was covered - and as soon as he tried to go YOLO and force it through regardless, they intercepted.

Reactions: GoJackets1

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Twice shutout in the last 3 games... 3 in the last 6.

All I know is, all 3 of those games were games where Torts changed up the lines mid game. Not saying that’s causing the problem, but it’s certainly a factor to the larger problem that is Torts as coach.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Get Ottawa players, get Ottawa results.

Perfect way to put it.

I was a big fan of picking up duchene, I’ll admit my error now. Although I was right in the fact we should have just sold, but whatever. At least we will have our top 5 pick next season.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
So, pretty sure the book is out that the bluejackets have no clue how to play against the trap . Glad we have a coaching staff that don’t understand offensive hockey . After all , you don’t coach offense in hockey , just skate around and shoot :huh:
“Skate around and shoot” sounds like a coaching strategy more comprehensive than our current strategy of “figure it out”

Reactions: The Bread Man

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
There was nothing there. Every single other lane was covered - and as soon as he tried to go YOLO and force it through regardless, they intercepted.
So the question is, why does this team find itself in the same position in 5, 6, 7 of idk how many games in a row now except the last Pittsburgh game? There is no ability to get a lead and win games you should.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
If Panarin or Cam aren't working magic we're inept, simple as that. This game really showed the gap in coaching IMO.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
We need guys in the paint.... we need guys like Hartnell!!!!!!!!

And some luck... CBJ are most unlucky team I've ever seen... true

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It’s almost like results matter
How they happen also matters. Indeed, I'd say they matter a great deal more.

* * *​
So the question is, why does this team find itself in the same position in 5, 6, 7 of idk how many games in a row now except the last Pittsburgh game? There is no ability to get a lead and win games you should.
...sweet ****ing G-d almighty, y'all really can't tell the difference?

Okay. Done for the evening. I'm just going to spend way too much time arguing with grumpy folks and that's not going to help anything for anyone. We'll reconvene in the morning.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm sorry folks. I know some of you feel differently, but this last 10-15 game Panarin is not the one we saw for almost all season. It's not the lack of goals, rather it's the absence of how he used to drive play, carrying the puck and creating passing lanes that otherwise wouldn't exist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad