AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England

19990307_784834088344201_7851782350585465614_n.jpg

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Looks a lot better and more original than TFA, we dont get much sure but there was no shots of an ice planet for starters :sarcasm:

So Phasma is going to be in it, but I still dont see how

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Looks a lot better and more original than TFA, we dont get much sure but there was no shots of an ice planet for starters :sarcasm:

So Phasma is going to be in it, but I still dont see how

You mean other than the speeder like craft flying over a white surface towards walkers from the first trailer?:sarcasm:

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
With the disappointment from TFA and RO, a boring TLJ teaser, and the Han Solo fiasco, the hype is dead. Pressure is on Disney. The new footage looks good (except for cringy Carrie Fisher), but I'm not falling for it again.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
With the disappointment from TFA and RO, a boring TLJ teaser, and the Han Solo fiasco, the hype is dead. Pressure is on Disney. The new footage looks good (except for cringy Carrie Fisher), but I'm not falling for it again.

Anything can happen, but I'm actually hyped about this one despite my disappointment in TFA. Huge part of it might be the lack of Abrams directing. I also hope they dial down Finn's wacky nature, but otherwise there's at least enough to build on the first film's story and make a memorable film.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

As expected.:laugh:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I have no idea what to expect from this. It is Star Wars and has Mark Hamill in it so being a huge nerd I'm going to see it as soon as I can.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Anything can happen, but I'm actually hyped about this one despite my disappointment in TFA. Huge part of it might be the lack of Abrams directing. I also hope they dial down Finn's wacky nature, but otherwise there's at least enough to build on the first film's story and make a memorable film.

Yup. If there's one thing that turned me off about VII, it was Boyega's performance.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
TFA and RO were definitely disappointments and the news coming out of the Han Solo movies isn't promising.

Audiences are giving Disney's version of Star Wars the benefit of the doubt, but if TLJ is another let down then these films will run out of gas quickly.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
TFA and RO were definitely disappointments and the news coming out of the Han Solo movies isn't promising.

Audiences are giving Disney's version of Star Wars the benefit of the doubt, but if TLJ is another let down then these films will run out of gas quickly.

Disappointments according to what metric? Critical response? Fan response? Box office?

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
I think Disney are handling the franchise really well to be honest, I've enjoyed both films released so far. Rebels is an awesome TV show and the books and Comics have been great.

There's some stuff I'd like to see bought back into canon, and I think most of it will be eventually. Dave Filoni has been excellent with this kind of thing.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I doubt Disney thinks:
TFA Worldwide: $2,068,223,624
RO Worldwide: $1,056,057,273

...is disappointing.

The company can't get enough. The concern is from the segments of audience that actually care about the films. Disney is trucking along with yet another calculated, corporatized, political, business model, cash cow franchise. Turning profound and beloved source material into another Marvel universe. That's disappointing.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
The company can't get enough. The concern is from the segments of audience that actually care about the films. Disney is trucking along with yet another calculated, corporatized, political, business model, cash cow franchise. Turning profound and beloved source material into another Marvel universe. That's disappointing.

TFA and RO, no matter your personal opinion of them, were massive successes by any and all standards. Financially, critically, and fan reception wise they have been wildly successful. Of course, there will be a subset of fans disappointed with the direction they take the franchise, but that was going to happen no matter what they did. The Star Wars fan base is notoriously fickle and whiny.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I have been more then fine with TFA and RO

I would say these films have restored some of the joy that I once found in Star Wars films as a kid, that joy was sucked out of me watching the mostly unwatchable prequels (ROTS only one that is watchable IMO)

Really don't understand the hate by some small (Very small) segment of Star Wars fans. I honestly doubt that anything can be done to make them happy and they will look for things to complain about no matter what

Frankly I would argue Disney acquiring franchise has saved it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad