Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals Historic Quadruple-Assed GDT Stanley Cup Finals | Game #7 | St. Louis Blues @ Boston Bruins | Giving it everything I got!

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Oh the hatred is there, it's just many of us are already dealing with extensive infractions. We're also a smaller fan base than Boston on HFBoards so there's that. We also don't spend endless amounts of time *****ing about missed calls or complaining about how the other team plays too rough. Subtract their whining and it will be a lot fewer pages. I don't know what that is in sharkmath, but it's fewer.
Nailed it. Whiny East-Coasters.

Pretty sure STL's watch parties have opened a bunch of eyes lol. I think Midwestern sports fans don't hang out on the internet as much either.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Time to go sleep. 2.50 am wake up.

giphy.gif

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Years ago my hometown junior team was up against a powerhouse. On paper, a pure mismatch.

The underdogs played great and won.

The specific pre-game instruction? Go out and have fun.

Pressure is squarely on Boston now, all things considered.

Hope the Blues' point men get the puck through and that Maroon - somebody - is planted to bang in a loose puck. There will be punishment, but it could draw a penalty.

Nothing wrong with a basic power play, as long as everyone is committed to doing their part.

One PP goal tonight might well be enough.

Drive to the net, everything TO the net, sooner or later the puck is IN the net.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I saw a couple of posts talking about Edmundson might be in and I nearly had a heart attack. Can someone confirm that this mistake has not been made?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
This is a thing all of us have talked about wanting for a long time, so I am doing my best to stay in the moment and enjoy it. There will be all sorts of time to feel the afterward feelings ... afterward.

I've been relishing the little pieces of it, as many as I can.

For example it's 100-and-f*** degrees outside right now and now I know what those other folks must have felt like sweating happily in their jerseys all these years in June.

Or Laila having using the G6 moment to share a quote that means the most to her, "Life is a game and love is a trophy." We should take that in.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
Google tells me the way to undo a jinx is by knocking on wood. I'm not saying I believe in jinxes, but if I did, and the Post-Dispatch did indeed place a jinx on the Blues, I'm undoing that shit right now...

giphy.gif

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
If Bortuzzo is out I am going to be very disappointed in Berube. He is honestly playing better than Edmundson, and now someone has to play their "off" side. It is also a shitty thing to do to someone who given nothing but 100% in every game he has played. Yes he has made mistakes, but Eddy has been worse. I seriously wonder if Berube and Bortuzzo have issues. Stupid, just stupid. :(

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I saw a couple of posts talking about Edmundson might be in and I nearly had a heart attack. Can someone confirm that this mistake has not been made?
Berube stated that "we have two horses over there" meaning Paryako & Pietrangelo are playing half the game each and Dunn-Gunnarsson-Edmundson will split the half the game Bouwmeester doesn't play.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If Bortuzzo is out I am going to be very disappointed in Berube. He is honestly playing better than Edmundson, and now someone has to play their "off" side. It is also a ****ty thing to do to someone who given nothing but 100% in every game he has played. Yes he has made mistakes, but Eddy has been worse. I seriously wonder if Berube and Bortuzzo have issues. Stupid, just stupid. :(
"we just felt there's not a lot of time over there, ice-time wise, so we're going to go with the four lefties."

expect 55 & 27 to have monster minutes in this one. I don't think that's incorrect.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

pawnjohn

Jan 27, 2017
I think Berube is trying to employ the same strategy as Game 5. Use Dunn-Petro for Offensive zone starts and split Gunn/Ed-Petro for the Defensive zone starts. Also has Eddy for the PK where he can use clear site lines/block shots. I anticipate that he will only see 10ish minutes tonight again, if that.

It could be just a couple plays sticking out, but Dunn seemed either a little shaky/nervous in the D-zone in game 6 or was just having trouble with the forecheck of the Bruins. Although even a shaky Dunn has been a ton better than the way Eddy has been playing this year.

I'd also anticipate Petro/Parayko each playing 30+ minutes tonight, which doesn't leave much room for Bortz anyway.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Berube stated that "we have two horses over there" meaning Paryako & Pietrangelo are playing half the game each and Dunn-Gunnarsson-Edmundson will split the half the game Bouwmeester doesn't play.
I'm going to clench any time Edmundson has the puck on his stick.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Messier would end this series in the first faceoff he’d have against Marchand. Who will step up for the Blues and do the dirty work to win a Cup?

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
Messier would end this series in the first faceoff he’d have against Marchand. Who will step up for the Blues and do the dirty work to win a Cup?
So your advocating head hunting and taking stupid penalties all game? Not a recipe for success.....

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Can someone PM me the name of the best reddit forum to find a stream. I’m having a weird result when searching and I’m probably looking in the wrong place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad