Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals Historic Quadruple-Assed GDT Stanley Cup Finals | Game #7 | St. Louis Blues @ Boston Bruins | Giving it everything I got!

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Thomas out, Blais slots into the third line. As much as we’d love to have Thomas in, he just didn’t look right in game 6. I trust Chief and expect Blais to be a physical force once again.

LGB!
I kind of thought this may happen. I think it’s the right call. The Blues will have plenty of guys that can play as physical as you like, with enough skill to take advantage of mistakes. Thomas has made his contribution, but he didn’t look like himself last game. I can’t see him being a positive factor right now.

Both Chara and Gryz are going to be less than 100%. There is the potential for their D to start breaking down with the wear and tear of the game.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Gentlemen, and ladies if there are any (I can only think of one right now), it’s been a pleasure to share the ups and downs of this season with you. We’ve witnessed this team overcome great odds to get to the precipice.

Our hopes will either be rewarded in a few hours, or we’ll have to console ourselves with they’ve already accomplished and think wistfully of how they could have won just one more game.

I think the team looks looser in Boston than they have in St Louis. I don’t think the last change helps Boston much. I think the best version of the 4th line being intact might just be the biggest issue for team strategy.

The movers are packing up my TV as we speak. I’ll view the game on my tablet. Will I later be buying recordings of the epic journey? I just want to see the team playing at their best tonight.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Gentlemen, and ladies if there are any (I can only think of one right now), it’s been a pleasure to share the ups and downs of this season with you. We’ve witnessed this team overcome great odds to get to the precipice.

Our hopes will either be rewarded in a few hours, or we’ll have to console ourselves with they’ve already accomplished and think wistfully of how they could have won just one more game.

I think the team looks looser in Boston than they have in St Louis. I don’t think the last change helps Boston much. I think the best version of the 4th line being intact might just be the biggest issue for team strategy.

The movers are packing up my TV as we speak. I’ll view the game on my tablet. Will I later be buying recordings of the epic journey? I just want to see the team playing at their best tonight.

Great post, good luck with the move today and remember you have plenty of time to get settled so enjoy the game. Also if we lose I'm going to need you on standby as my online therapist.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis

Basically all of us regulars sitting here like....
giphy.gif

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
I'm a little surprised here. Maybe Blues fans use a different outlet.
The Bruins board, about a team that won the Cup 6 times and as recent as 8 years ago is 23 pages long.
The Blues board, about a team that has never won the Cup in it's existence and is playing game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, is 4 pages long.

WTF? Am I missing something here? A lot of Blues hate going on in the Bruins board. Goons, thugs, Cinderellas, no talent, etc.

I know we're all happy the Blues have made it this far but where's the emotion? The fire? The Marchand hatred? The Backes hatred? The Rask hatred? The Bruins hatred?

Reactions: STL BLUES
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The Bruins board, about a team that won the Cup 6 times and as recent as 8 years ago is 23 pages long.
The Blues board, about a team that has never won the Cup in it's existence and is playing game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, is 4 pages long.

WTF? Am I missing something here? A lot of Blues hate going on in the Bruins board. Goons, thugs, Cinderellas, no talent, etc.

I know we're all happy the Blues have made it this far but where's the emotion? The fire? The Marchand hatred? The Backes hatred? The Rask hatred? The Bruins hatred?
Who cares what the Boston board is taking about?

Nevermind the fact that it’s a bigger market so it shouldn’t be surprising that they have more posts.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Gryz is in for Boston apparently. I think this is a terrible idea for Boston IMO. Throw him into a game 7 of the SCF after being out with a concussion. Yikes. Good luck.

He takes a hit and starts feeling bad again and then they're down to 5 dmen.
Which is great for STL.

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
I want the Blues to play a heavy, physical, clean game. Except on Marchand. I want someone to use his patented "undercut" on him and plaster him.

I don't want Rask run but I want people crowding him and taking his eyes and space away.
Don't take any stupid penalties but if there's punches thrown (Chara), punch back.

I don't want to see Backes raising the cup over his head. I refuse to watch that if Boston wins.

Reactions: Vladdy the Impaler

Chippewa

Feb 19, 2012
houseboat, venezuela

I don't know about others, but I'm hardly posting because I am too f***ing nervous and everything that needs to be said already has been.
Bruins fans want to chit chat at a time like this? Fine, whatever.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

Oh the hatred is there, it's just many of us are already dealing with extensive infractions. We're also a smaller fan base than Boston on HFBoards so there's that. We also don't spend endless amounts of time bitching about missed calls or complaining about how the other team plays too rough. Subtract their whining and it will be a lot fewer pages. I don't know what that is in sharkmath, but it's fewer.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I want the Blues to play a heavy, physical, clean game. Except on Marchand. I want someone to use his patented "undercut" on him and plaster him.

I don't want Rask run but I want people crowding him and taking his eyes and space away.
Don't take any stupid penalties but if there's punches thrown (Chara), punch back.

I don't want to see Backes raising the cup over his head. I refuse to watch that if Boston wins.
My TV wont even be on if the Bruins have any kind of lead with less than 5 mins.

Only way i will see Boston win if its in OT.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
How's everyone doing?

I'm a wreck, trying not to think about it. Focusing on work is hard.

At the moment, almost shockingly calm. I'm just going to enjoy the last Blues game of the season and hope I'm ecstatic at the end.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

I’d like your post but I have too many infractions unfortunately. What I will say is this:

“Go Blues!”

Beat Boston tonight and you guys will likely close the book on the Bruins era. Chara will retire, while Bergeron, Krejci, and Marchand will face the reality of being over 30. Beat Boston tonight, and watch the Bruins get progressively worse over the next two years. An aging Bergeron and Krejci (two centers) will bring the B’s to its knees.

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
Oh the hatred is there, it's just many of us are already dealing with extensive infractions. We're also a smaller fan base than Boston on HFBoards so there's that. We also don't spend endless amounts of time *****ing about missed calls or complaining about how the other team plays too rough. Subtract their whining and it will be a lot fewer pages. I don't know what that is in sharkmath, but it's fewer.

You have a point. The bulk of it is about the dirty Blues or is Tim Thomas going to be the flag waver before the game.

In Sharkmath, it would take them down to about 11 pages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->