Speculation: Staios no longer with Oilers, rumoured to join Sens org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Bergevin had unlimited funds to work with and destroyed the Habs. He is on par with Dorion.
He didn’t destroy them at all, he kept them competitive as long as long as possible until Price, Subban/Webber, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Markov, Gallagher got older or became damaged goods

For Pacioretty, he was able to get them their current best player (Suzuki), a 2nd and Tatar who worked really well in Montreal in a line with Danault and Gallagher

The thing is he was only allowed to “rebuild on the fly”, Montreal is the highest pressure market, last year was probably the first time in forever that they embraced a real rebuild.

Like I mentioned already twice or even three times, their really poor drafting didn’t allow for continuous success after all the key players declined

Irony is saying that his trades and signings were great, and then listing several that were bad, missing some of course, and blaming Timmins for his massive drafting blunders.

You don’t like PD and it has created a bitter bias in your posts over that last several years that I have zero interest in rehashing.

We had just as many satisfying moments as the habs did under berg, with a fraction of the resources.

Not impressed with him and was surprised he lasted so long. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near our team, though I bet habs fans would be stoked if PD did their drafting and development at the very least lol.

Actually, the irony is you posting this. I’m not the one “bitter” for people having their opinion. If you want to idolize Dorion for some reason it’s up to you… don’t think any of us really care. NOT being biased is actually what allows us to see the reality for what it is. We find Dorion quite bad at his job and would have wanted him replaced years ago (some as soon as the Zibanejad trade happened 7 years ago lol)

I’m sorry but we didn’t have as many “satisfying moments” as the Habs… I mean they have made an additional trip to the SCF

And I never talked about wanting to bring in Bergevin, at least not in the GM role. And yes Dorion should have stayed in a scouting role. That’s what he was good at

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Alfredsson is debatably the most important person in franchise history. He brought this team out of purgatory, he is the best Ottawa Senator ever.

More important than the person who basically prevented the then Bankrupt franchise from relocating south of the border?

1693323362086.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
More important than the person who basically prevented the then Bankrupt franchise from relocating south of the border?

View attachment 739597
X1,000,000. That's ancient history that's irrelevant now.

Alfie will be remembered as a legend and immortalized in Ottawa. He should have a statue in front of the new arena in time.

The other will be forgotten and purposely not mentioned because his good doings like this were overshadowed by his transgressions, poor treatment of others, trying to hold the threat of moving over his fan base, etc. etc. etc.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Alfie will be remembered as a legend and immortalized in Ottawa. He should have a statue in front of the new arena in time.

The other will be forgotten and purposely not mentioned because his good doings like this were overshadowed by his transgressions, poor treatment of others, trying to hold the threat of moving over his fan base, etc. etc. etc.
No, to statues

Reactions: JD1 and Qward

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He didn’t destroy them at all, he kept them competitive as long as long as possible until Price, Subban/Webber, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Markov, Gallagher got older or became damaged goods
I mean even signing Price to that inflated contract handcuffed their competitive window. Price could've been the highest-paid goalie in the league and they still could've saved cash on that contract. Signing Gallagher, Anderson, etc... to the deals that he did were just nonsensical considering they could've just spent some of that cash on UFAs.

For every good deal like Pacioretty for Suzuki, there's a letting Markov walk and trading Sergachev for Drouin there.

Mixed bags of moves like every other GM, but definitely more in the negative imo.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Alfie will not be above Dorion in the chain of command.

If he is, we have serious problems in the organization.

Maybe not but .. If he says something like "I can't work for that ___________" Insert apt derogatory term. He would have significant influence. Dorion is hanging on by a thread at this point. I cannot imagine Andlauer giving him an endorsement to stay on beyond this year. It will come sooner if he finds Dorion is not adding value or is in anyway moving against changes coming in.

Reactions: bert and jhutter

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Maybe not but .. If he says something like "I can't work for that ___________" Insert apt derogatory term. He would have significant influence. Dorion is hanging on by a thread at this point. I cannot imagine Andlauer giving him an endorsement to stay on beyond this year. It will come sooner if he finds Dorion is not adding value or is in anyway moving against changes coming in.

If Alfie comes in and says that he wouldn't be working anywhere.

Take some leadership courses. Alfie is a leader and will be able to deal with the room.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If Alfie comes in and says that he wouldn't be working anywhere.

Take some leadership courses. Alfie is a leader and will be able to deal with the room.
Ya even with Melnyk, he basically just disappeared instead of a saying much to the media other than the we hope we get a new owner comment much down the line. I doubt he's coming in to ruffle feathers and his role is likely already decided.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ya even with Melnyk, he basically just disappeared instead of a saying much to the media other than the we hope we get a new owner comment much down the line. I doubt he's coming in to ruffle feathers and his role is likely already decided.
Yes its been reported multiple of times, he’s interested in the development side.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

• Haha
Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad