Status
Not open for further replies.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Reactions: Adele Dazeem

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Doesn’t seem like it’s anything more than a podcaster chasing why he’s not on the teams website, when he wasn’t even on the website last year.

It’s very likely that he’s going to be in Ottawa shortly. A few different responses from anonymous sources isn’t much confirmation of anything though.

Reactions: bert and Snowwy

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
COuld definitely see Andlaur bringing in some of his people to fill out the front office. Get them into the organization now and have them ready to go if he wants to make changes.

Makes sense. Not sure if this story is legit though.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Isn't the guy like 50? Can't see how he'd fit in before Branny or Hammy. Odd move from Dorian if real
His mobility isn't what it once was, but he adds some toughness and character to our bottom pairing. ;-)

Call me crazy, but I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that he gets named GM and Dorion gets an apple and a roadmap. Andlauer has no past relationship with Dorion, and that department is stripped down to the studs now anyway. It would save an awkward season of Dorion and Staios trying to co-exist while waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• Haha
Reactions: Icelevel and bert

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
His mobility isn't what it once was, but he adds some toughness and character to our bottom pairing. ;-)

Call me crazy, but I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that he gets named GM and Dorion gets an apple and a roadmap. Andlauer has no past relationship with Dorion, and that department is stripped down to the studs now anyway. It would save an awkward season of Dorion and Staios trying to co-exist while waiting for the other shoe to drop.

you’re crazy…….doubt very much that the first thing the new owner is going to do, once he is handed the keys to the franchise, is to kick the GM to the curb, without cause. ….. It’s not his style, and would not make a good, first impression

He may very well bring in “his guy” Staois, in some capacity… and he will be the the GM in waiting, if he isn’t named POHO.

Yes the clock is running on both DJS and PD, and doubt very much if either is offered a contract extension anytime soon.

1692657138532.gif

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
you’re crazy…….doubt very much that the first thing the new owner is going to do, once he is handed the keys to the franchise, is to kick the GM to the curb, without cause. ….. It’s not his style, and would not make a good, first impression

He may very well bring in “his guy” Staois, in some capacity… and he will be the the GM in waiting, if he isn’t named POHO.

Yes the clock is running on both DJS and PD, and doubt very much if either is offered a contract extension anytime soon.

View attachment 737817

Not sure if you know how the world works but when you pay $1 billion for something you can hire and fire whoever you want. We aren’t talking about a Barista here, we’re talking about the person in charge of your billion dollar enterprise and achieving your burning passion of winning a Stanley Cup (not to mention the increase in value your franchise would have overnight if you win a Cup +$100 million) Why wouldn’t you immediately bring in the person you think could do that for you that you have total trust and confidence in?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Not sure if you know how the world works but when you pay $1 billion for something you can hire and fire whoever you want. We aren’t talking about a Barista here, we’re talking about the person in charge of your billion dollar enterprise and achieving your burning passion of winning a Stanley Cup (not to mention the increase in value your franchise would have overnight if you win a Cup +$100 million) Why wouldn’t you immediately bring in the person you think could do that for you that you have total trust and confidence in?
Not sure you understand how the NHL/world works. It's actually easier to fire a GM than a barista. With a barista you'd have to show cause, with a GM you just pay out their contract.

Too extremes obviously. But coaches and GMs have services type contracts with specific time attached to the contract which means firing them is quite different than a permanent employee

That aside, Andlauer has been in the NHL for a long time. He's got tons of connections across the league, not just Staois. Why would you take your shiny new billion dollar toy and hand the reigns to someone without experience? That's an equally valid question isn't it? What experience does Staois have running an NHL franchise as a GM or POHO? None as far as I can tell.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen or that he isn't brought in in some role, but his resume is thin and Andlauer is a guy that would know lots of people across the league.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Again, I will correct you, Andlauer did not lay out 1 Billion dollars for the franchise, he will own at least 51% as the Majority owner, with the rest divided up between the minority owners.

Nothing in his past indicates he will be the type of owner that on day one, as the poster suggested, will start firing and replacing personal. Also, he will be the type of majority owner that will consult the minority owners, to have them all on the same page, whenever a big managerial move is made.

I am of the belief he already knows what management structure and personal he would like to have in place, at the appropriate time…. And will get to know the current management personal before making any drastic moves, as was suggested by the poster I responded to.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Again, I will correct you, Andlauer did not lay out 1 Billion dollars for the franchise, he will own at least 51% as the Majority owner, with the rest divided up between the minority owners.

Nothing in his past indicates he will be the type of owner that on day one, as the poster suggested, will start firing and replacing personal. Also, he will be the type of majority owner that will consult the minority owners, to have them all on the same page, whenever a big managerial move is made.

I am of the belief he already knows what management structure and personal he would like to have in place, at the appropriate time…. And will get to know the current management personal before making any drastic moves, as was suggested by the poster I responded to.

Your point was Pierre Dorion doesn’t deserved to be fired because “he’s done nothing wrong” but show me what he’s done right because that’s what keep you working

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Your point was Pierre Dorion doesn’t deserved to be fired because “he’s done nothing wrong” but show me what he’s done right because that’s what keep you working

There you go again putting words in my mouth, that I never posted….
Show anything in my post that remotely resembles the claims you’ve made….

Just because someone does not blindly share your negative and hate filled opinion on PD, then they must me a 100% complete supporter of PD.

PD has made his fair share of good decisions, bad decisions and gambles… some worked out better that others… he is not the Best GM in the NHL, nor Is he the absolute worst… be is somewhere in the mushy middle.

My point was, the point you completely missed or did not comprehend, was that Andlauer has not shown to make impulsive snap decisions in the past, and doubt he is going to once he takes control of the Senators as majority owner.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingAlfie11

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yes, agreed, But the "guy" is NOT Staios.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
Not sure you understand how the NHL/world works. It's actually easier to fire a GM than a barista. With a barista you'd have to show cause, with a GM you just pay out their contract.

Too extremes obviously. But coaches and GMs have services type contracts with specific time attached to the contract which means firing them is quite different than a permanent employee

That aside, Andlauer has been in the NHL for a long time. He's got tons of connections across the league, not just Staois. Why would you take your shiny new billion dollar toy and hand the reigns to someone without experience? That's an equally valid question isn't it? What experience does Staois have running an NHL franchise as a GM or POHO? None as far as I can tell.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen or that he isn't brought in in some role, but his resume is thin and Andlauer is a guy that would know lots of people across the league.
lol. no you don't. Not here anyways. Want to replace a barista with your best friend, kid, or spouse? You don't need a reason; just fire them. Your only requirement are notice period, possible severance - which would not be a huge issue, and not being obvious that you are firing someone in a protected class because of their membership in that protected class. so, basically "we are moving in a different direction. Here's a great letter of reference.

On the other hand, with a GM you have to pay out their contract and there is always the issue of all the keyboard warriors that may give you headaches if you are letting go of a GM who is beloved by the fans.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
If Andlauer does something on day 1, it will not be “impulsive”. Shit is taking forever, but I guarantee there is a plan, and it will continue to evolve until he gets the reigns.

We are just guessing at what the plan is. It could very well involve some runway for the current hockey staff, but I’d wager money if it does, the expectations will be clear.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If Andlauer does something on day 1, it will not be “impulsive”. Shit is taking forever, but I guarantee there is a plan, and it will continue to evolve until he gets the reigns.

We are just guessing at what the plan is. It could very well involve some runway for the current hockey staff, but I’d wager money if it does, the expectations will be clear.

I guess it all depends on where he falls, in between the two perceptions of the franchise…the positive team on the rise, with it’s core players locked down to long term contracts….. vs the negative trading away of high end talent and prospects during the rebuild and non contending for the playoffs.

No one but the soon to be majority owner and his partners know what he or they all currently think of the franchise’s recent past and outlook for the future….. so whenever they all take over the franchise and do some due diligence to either confirm or deny their current perceptions, only then will Andlauer and his minority owners decide what needs to be done, a minor tune up, a complete overhaul or something in between.

The least likely long term route will be the status quo. How long it takes, and for whatever reason will be given, managerial moves will be made.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Firing the GM now when most of his job is done might not be the best time as there aren't many good candidate out there.

Maybe Staois comes in as a green GM And they hire a vet as the POHO to guide the way. Seems like what a lot of teams do no a days

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

View attachment 737817
Uhhhh haha. Ill be book marking this post.

Reactions: Bileur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad