SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Sorry I forgot I couldnt ask OHL related questions without going through the self-appointed gate keeper. This place would be so much better if you just allowed people to talk and not butt into literllay every single conversation. Stop doing that, please

What I said was in no way confontational or disparaging so why jump in and try to turn it into an arguemnt, when you werent even involved? Like for what? :huh:

I'm not interested in your personal issues or attacks.

You've made contradictory statements regarding hockey and this is an open forum. Why does number of shots matter for a shooter, but not for a goalie?

Regression to the mean for scoring percentage is a concept that you, among others, have defiantly attacked on several occasions. Why is it now valid when you use it to devalue Kerins' contributions?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Hockey Pops,
Would you make sure that this list is not copyright protected and that you're permitted to post it publicly? If it's copyright protected, then I'll have to ask you to remove it. If no permission is needed to post, then just disregard my message. Thanks.
Nelli, I am not sure what you are getting at here. I didn't post a list. I posted a link to the source with proper attribution, and mentioned two names from the list. If anything I imagine that I might drive more traffic over to the site. I honestly see nothing wrong with what I have done here, but if you have a different opinion please share.

Compare that to a poster over on the London board who frequently copies and pastes entire articles, sometimes without any attribution or links, driving no traffic over to the original site. I have never seen a comment such as this directed their way.

I am happy to follow whatever direction the mods deem correct.

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
The Hounds will be the best non playoff team of the year...
Greatest non playoff team of all time...

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Nelli, I am not sure what you are getting at here. I didn't post a list. I posted a link to the source with proper attribution, and mentioned two names from the list. If anything I imagine that I might drive more traffic over to the site. I honestly see nothing wrong with what I have done here, but if you have a different opinion please share.

Compare that to a poster over on the London board who frequently copies and pastes entire articles, sometimes without any attribution or links, driving no traffic over to the original site. I have never seen a comment such as this directed their way.

I am happy to follow whatever direction the mods deem correct.
If you're posting material that is made available to "paid customers" only, then delete it. If the draft listing was available for free, then it's ok.
Last year a London poster mistakenly provided a draft list that was paid for, and was eventually removed due to a complaint for copyright violations.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I guess we can kiss goodbye any chance of Ottawa showing up tomorrow unprepared after they lost handily to North Bay tonight.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I guess we can kiss goodbye any chance of Ottawa showing up tomorrow unprepared after they lost handily to North Bay tonight.

That was one of the more surprising games we have seen this season. If we can play like we did in Ottawa and solve Andree then we have a good shot at win. We held the puck in their end for long stretches.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
If you're posting material that is made available to "paid customers" only, then delete it. If the draft listing was available for free, then it's ok.
Last year a London poster mistakenly provided a draft list that was paid for, and was eventually removed due to a complaint for copyright violations.
Thanks for the clarification Nelli. Didnt know this. And thanks HockeyPops for the list. After looking at the list, theres always a chance of a few of those players staying in the US. But still some very good talent in that top 10. Great to see some local players on that list.

Reactions: nelli27

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Yet another game with 5 goals against. This time with Brkin in net. I guess it's his turn under the bus?

Nitro1473

Nov 16, 2018
When is this coaching staff going to pick up on the fact that one particular defenseman on this team just doesn't seem capable of playing defense. Better off making him a forward in my opinion. It's frustrating to watch.

Reactions: Marj44 and count35

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Great effort from the Hounds against the nation's top team. Andree in the third was the difference maker. I was so impressed that we didn't let up or get tired and had almost all of the puck possession in that period.

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
All in all that was a pretty decent game. The boys had a strong first period minus a few rushes but had a real hard time in the second. The passes were better today but still need work. The team seems a little less cohesive than previous seasons, hopefully they work hard this offseason and sort that out before next year.
Kudos to the guys for battling back and not letting Ottawa get away with this one. They showed a lot of resilience and heart today.
Thought Brkin....wait I’m not getting into more goalie chat here...

Ps. Whoever mistakenly called Joe Carroll Brett Jacklin about a month ago, thank you (just a little joke guys).

Reactions: HockeyPops

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Calisti…..great skater....worst hands!!! As soon as he came on for that final faceoff we knew it was over somehow.....come on man!!!!!!! Either block that shot or get the heck out of the way of the shot and stop screening your goalie!!!! Just terrible! I'm trying to teach our 10 year olds not to do this....then they come to the game and watch him. Sigh. Otherwise a good game for the team as they kept fighting back time after time. Picked up a point on Erie at least.

Reactions: soo hound girl

BehindSooNet

Mar 15, 2015
You must be talking about our Russian defence men CALISTOV yes he is a beauty

According to game stats, Calisti was a -4. At the other end of the scale, O'Rourke was +2 and he logged so much ice time! As other posters have suggested, I would love to see Calisti as a forward - has a great shot as his 15 goals suggest. Would also like to see some BIG bodies on defence next year.

Reactions: DWI Dale and Bear54

Bear54

Sep 20, 2018
Sault Ste. Marie
I agree. In general, Calisti spends entirely too much time deep in the opposition end. This forces a winger to scramble back and try to cover when a turn over occurs. He leads the team in "minuses." Tonight he was -4 for the game. I think it would be better to give the defensive spot to Halushak and let Calisti compete for a spot on one of the forward lines.

I think it's also time to take a hard look behind the bench. Good coaching is what transforms a group of players into a team that supports one another and functions as a unit.

Showstopper

Nov 3, 2019
sault ste marie
I agree. In general, Calisti spends entirely too much time deep in the opposition end. This forces a winger to scramble back and try to cover when a turn over occurs. He leads the team in "minuses." Tonight he was -4 for the game. I think it would be better to give the defensive spot to Halushak and let Calisti compete for a spot on one of the forward lines.

I think it's also time to take a hard look behind the bench. Good coaching is what transforms a group of players into a team that supports one another and functions as a unit.
Calisti does what he does because the coach encourages it. Otherwise he would be sitting on the bench. Stop blaming the player

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
I get what the coaches are doing with the D, it is part of their system of generating offence by activating them as it creates confusion for the other team's defensive responsibilities. It is a good tactic that a lot of teams employ, the problem is Soo uses it all the time.
I don't know how many times I seen Calisti start a shift on defence and end it as a winger.
Challenge is, it is a lot easier for a defenceman to skate up into a play than it is to start as a forward and have to generate speed while being covered.

Showstopper

Nov 3, 2019
sault ste marie
That's exactly why I wrote the last paragraph. I am putting the onus on the coaching staff.
A coach who yells and screams at players who make a mistake but keeps giving undisciplined players big ice time is the reason we are in 9th place. Spend some time sitting near the hounds bench and u shall see.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
People forget last season pretty quickly.

The second youngest team in the entire league just about won the Conference under John Dean. At lot of the problems with this year's team are not due to his coaching. His system works and the 15-7 record with Brkin in net shows it.

The players are still working hard and enjoy playing for him. He deserves another full season with more stability between the pipes and I think he'll get it.

Showstopper

Nov 3, 2019
sault ste marie
People forget last season pretty quickly.

The second youngest team in the entire league just about won the Conference under John Dean. At lot of the problems with this year's team are not due to his coaching. His system works and the 15-7 record with Brkin in net shows it.

The players are still working hard and enjoy playing for him. He deserves another full season with more stability between the pipes and I think he'll get it.
Wrong. Frost, Howdeshell, Hayton, Hollowell, Sandbrook, Villata. I could have sat behind this team and won more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad