SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Your comparison to last year's Firebirds team is downright ridiculous. Last time I checked, the Greyhounds have been outshot 5 times all season. Has any team been that good?

The skaters are playing at the level of a division winner. They are generating more scoring chances than both Flint and Windsor, while giving up less. Outside of goaltending they are better. There's just no question about it. The team is a real enigma.

You were certainly right about Propp vs Popovich, even though Propp was better coming into the season. It would have been interesting to see the results with the goalies swapped. Anyone with Propp would be in last right now.

ridiclous.
Kingston is 3-0-1 since Propp trade

Reactions: DWI Dale

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Your comparison to last year's Firebirds team is downright ridiculous. Last time I checked, the Greyhounds have been outshot 5 times all season. Has any team been that good?

The skaters are playing at the level of a division winner. They are generating more scoring chances than both Flint and Windsor, while giving up less. Outside of goaltending they are better. There's just no question about it. The team is a real enigma.

You were certainly right about Propp vs Popovich, even though Propp was better coming into the season. It would have been interesting to see the results with the goalies swapped. Anyone with Propp would be in last right now.

Curious, where are scoring chances tracked for the OHL?

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
With moving Trott/LeGuerrier/Wale/Peca I’d like to see us acquire a 2003 RHD and a 2003 right hand center/right wing.
Wonder who could be available that would fit the Greyhounds style of play, anyone have any suggestions?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
With moving Trott/LeGuerrier/Wale/Peca I’d like to see us acquire a 2003 RHD and a 2003 right hand center/right wing.
Wonder who could be available that would fit the Greyhounds style of play, anyone have any suggestions?
I don’t think those 4 will get you either of those things. They could get you an ‘02 though.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
last year was the time to flip a few guys. until it's official I hold out slim hope that hayton is returned. a player and picks please.

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
I don’t think those 4 will get you either of those things. They could get you an ‘02 though.

I agree. But along with picks they could. I’d also think moving certain 01’s on the team would make sense.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Who would be OA's next year?

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
Who would be OA's next year?

Potential OAs next season are; Wale, Trott and LeGuerrier.

*LeGuerrier is drafted but not signed so he would have to sign to go play AHL/ECHL. If any of the three were to move on it would most likely be him.

Showstopper

Nov 3, 2019
sault ste marie
Leguerrier for sure has the most value because he is drafted even know i think Wale is a more consistent defender and better at joining the rush. Having 8 D when 21 gets back means one could easily be moved for draft picks or a younger D. Trott would most likely get u what Roth fetched as they are pretty much the same player. Peca unfortunately lacks value right now but u never know what another team is looking for. I think if Hayton comes back he will be packaged with one of the above mentioned for a boatload of picks.

Reactions: Marj44

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
Personally I believe Wyatt Johnston (WSR) or Anthony Constantini (OTT) would look nice here. I think goaltending will sort itself out with our current prospects for the next few seasons (+ upcoming drafts).

Anyone else have any names they'd like to see traded for to help the future?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
You aren't getting 03s for any of our 00s except Hayton. Remember, only first round 03s can be moved.

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
You aren't getting 03s for any of our 00s except Hayton. Remember, only first round 03s can be moved.

Thanks but Constantini is an ‘02 and Johnston is a 1st round ‘03.

I’d argue that those guys + a few mid picks could get you a player like such. Or some veterans could get picks to them flip for such player(s). I did mention that an ‘01 could be packaged depending on value, etc. Or that Peca could be included if a team had the room.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I repeat, you aren't getting 03s for any of these 4. None are good enough to return a first rounder even with picks added to sweeten the deal.

There are probably only around 6ish players league wide that have a chance to return an 03 this season.
Hayton
Thomas
Noel
Kaliyev
Harley
Tomasino
Not sure Peca has a market. Moving our 00s might bring something, but we would pretty much have to flip the return for a replacement 00 next season.

I dont see trades in this teams future other than potentially Hayton. If the team doesnt start winning, the GM and coaches are going to start feeling the heat.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Thanks but Constantini is an ‘02 and Johnston is a 1st round ‘03.

I’d argue that those guys + a few mid picks could get you a player like such. Or some veterans could get picks to them flip for such player(s). I did mention that an ‘01 could be packaged depending on value, etc. Or that Peca could be included if a team had the room.

never know what might happen at the deadline. At team like the (sucking) wolves might not want to bail and not be comfortable acquiring players that will graduate; so, an ‘03-1st & picks for McKay & Leguerier may not be out of the question.

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
ridiclous.
Kingston is 3-0-1 since Propp trade
I just looked, they beat some good teams. A few factors, a change for Propp, maybe he is more relaxed. Kingston has no expectations on them. They need a good run to sniff the playoffs. I'm sure teams are taking them lightly.

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018
Hayton will be back in junior. Arizona is very confident he about losing half a year on his contract for after WJC. He’ll be returned after WJC and our hounds will have a boat load of picks.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I just looked, they beat some good teams. A few factors, a change for Propp, maybe he is more relaxed. Kingston has no expectations on them. They need a good run to sniff the playoffs. I'm sure teams are taking them lightly.

no doubt, teams look to get back up goalies in vs KGN. Now 4-0-1

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Good way to finish a rough road trip. Maybe we have turned the corner. We were in all the games

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
good to see us finish the weekend with a win. another 0/6 weekend would have been tough to swallow after playing better last weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad