SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
This game should have been an 8-3 win for us. We played as good of a game as I have seen us play. I'm so fed up with the goaltending. We're probably well on our way to having one of the worst goaltending seasons in the history of the Ontario Hockey League.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
This game should have been an 8-3 win for us. We played as good of a game as I have seen us play. I'm so fed up with the goaltending. We're probably well on our way to having one of the worst goaltending seasons in the history of the Ontario Hockey League.

Of three goalies unable to sustain an 0.880 SV%, one has gone on to improve his by 40 pts and decrease GAA by 1.3 with Kingston. There might be a problem with systems and/or personnel in addition to less than stellar goaltending.

Reactions: DWI Dale

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Sorry, I can't hang this one on Brkin. I agree that the Hounds' offense was excellent last night generating chances, and defensive zone coverage was also pretty good. But our breakouts were terrible and resulted in numerous turnovers where Sarnia outnumbered us and capitalized on it.

There were two powerplay goals they scored on that cross seam pass. What goalie is going to stop that? Where are our pk sticks taking away that seam?

One fluke bounce goal.

One beautiful dangle play by Rees to skate through our defense.

Its not as though Brkin didnt make any tough saves. He was sharp and played well for the most part. Definitely gave the team a chance to win.

But if the score should have been 8-3 the other way, why did the puck only go in 3 times for us? We had ample chances to score. Are we lacking finishing ability? How is that on the goalie?

Conclusion: We outchanced them, but our lack of finish failed to capitalize on enough chances. Our failed breakouts lead to too many high danger chances against and they capitalized.

Bear54

Sep 20, 2018
Sault Ste. Marie
Of three goalies unable to sustain an 0.880 SV%, one has gone on to improve his by 40 pts and decrease GAA by 1.3 with Kingston. There might be a problem with systems and/or personnel in addition to less than stellar goaltending.

From what I saw, there were a couple that Bailey would probably agree he should have had. We gave up too many 3 on 2's, 2 on 1's and even break aways were the opposition chips the puck past our d and leaves him flat-footed.

Our defense is constantly caught behind the opposition net. There is a difference between joining the rush and leading it. We need to focus more on the responsibilities of our position and support our goalie. This year, our problem isn't scoring, it's giving up too many quality chances in our end.

We are capable of beating the best teams in this league if we focus on our responsibilities and play as hard in transition as we do on offense. I hate losing to the Knights and the Hunters!

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Wow that was hard to watch last night, now let’s move on to this afternoons game we have a chance to make it 13 straight against the Knights ,who here thinks we have any shot at beating them they are on a roll right now
I think Knights win 6-3 hope I am wrong

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Constantinou looked very slow last night. This surprised me as I always thought of him as one of our more fleet-footed players.

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Terrible performance last night. Defence constantly gets caught. If you play this all offence hockey, you will get caught up ice. What you need, like we had in previous years, is big time saves by our goalie. Hope Hayton comes back so we can trade him and restock. This is not a playoff team.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Last two years you blamed Vilalta for our playoff losses, now our goalies again. Win as a team , lose as a team. Breakaways, 2 on 1s, 3 on 1s, power play goals off a one timer.... do you really blame the goalie?

SuperMod

Nov 6, 2018
Last two years you blamed Vilalta for our playoff losses, now our goalies again. Win as a team , lose as a team. Breakaways, 2 on 1s, 3 on 1s, power play goals off a one timer.... do you really blame the goalie?
I think we have a few defencemen that are more concerned with scoring goals than doing their job. Some of this has to fall on coaching.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Night and day difference from yesterday. Took care of the puck and battled hard all game. Great effort. Wale went off gimp early, and with O'Rourke still out it proved to be too much of a load for LeGuerrier to carry, accounting for 5 penalties alone. Yes, some were marginal calls, but he has to be more disciplined.

How about Kartye knocking down Regula! And loved Halushak back there too. May have lost today, but lots to be happy about.

And the point streak vs London is extended to 13 games.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Anybody get to re-watch the Moskal hit on Wale? I thought it was an elbow to the head but no call and of course leads to a goal. Wonder if he will be disciplined.

louis

Apr 3, 2014
Anybody get to re-watch the Moskal hit on Wale? I thought it was an elbow to the head but no call and of course leads to a goal. Wonder if he will be disciplined.
Of course he won't . This had to be one of the worst reffed games EVER!

Reactions: SuperMod

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I was in that section from what I saw it was the helmet on glass that hurt him, not an elbow.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
You expect this when it comes to London. They receive favours from the refs year after year. It's not just against us.
That opinion is the result of repetition bias. I'd still like to know the logic behind that view. E.g. why the supposed favouritism? Are they paid off? How would it advance the careers of those officials? One year I had enough of that false opinion and so I went through all 34 of London's home games, and revealed that London was killing more penalties than they were on the PP. I doubt the numbers would have been different for the away games.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
That opinion is the result of repetition bias. I'd still like to know the logic behind that view. E.g. why the supposed favouritism? Are they paid off? How would it advance the careers of those officials? One year I had enough of that false opinion and so I went through all 34 of London's home games, and revealed that London was killing more penalties than they were on the PP. I doubt the numbers would have been different for the away games.
The answer to that Nelli is that no one likes to lose to the Knights nor give the Knights any credit when their team is beaten by them. When they beat the Knights it's all "great game plan, good goaltending, good play in both zones, yada yada yada". HOWEVER, lose to the Knights and all the excuses come out "Flu going around, refs favour the Knights, the Knights are divers, etc". It's all whining and complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad