SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Good morning All.
Knight fan heading to the Soo for this afternoon's game.
Looking for a good spot for lunch.
Burger & craft beer? Close to the rink. Any suggestions?
I second Burger Don. Was just about to post it but @count35 beat me to it.

The Burger Don
7 Great Northern Rd Unit 11
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 4Y4
Google Maps

7Wacked

Nov 30, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm sure we will check out one of those suggestions.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
this afternoon should be interesting. i suspect Dale Hunter and McMichael are honoured for their gold medal, perhaps even with a standing O, and within a period people will be screaming obscenities at him. hockey is a great game.

Reactions: count35 and nelli27

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
this afternoon should be interesting. i suspect Dale Hunter and McMichael are honoured for their gold medal, perhaps even with a standing O, and within a period people will be screaming obscenities at him. hockey is a great game.
Don’t forget Foudy as well but your prediction is probably “bang on”. Maybe a pool on Dale being introduced and booed? LOL...

Reactions: DWI Dale

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Don’t forget Foudy as well but your prediction is probably “bang on”. Maybe a pool on Dale being introduced and booed? LOL...
We do have one or two STH always in attendance that consistently demonstrate questionable decision making skills.

Reactions: Buttsy

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

He will be cheered by the majority of fans at this particular time. We all respect the hard work he put in for Canada.

The booing can wait for our playoff match. I feel that the Greyhounds have the edge on Guelph (struggling badly) and Flint (negative goal differential) for that 5 spot with the way they have been playing. It would be a heck of a series.

Reactions: Buttsy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
The booing can wait for our playoff match. I feel that the Greyhounds have the edge on Guelph (struggling badly) and Flint (negative goal differential) for that 5 spot with the way they have been playing. It would be a heck of a series.

IMO we (London) want nothing to do with the Soo in the playoffs quite frankly. Past record just has not been kind to us....
The rivalry and the pride of each organization however would make for entertaining hockey! Hopefully if we do meet it’s in the OHL West final!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I feel that the Greyhounds have the edge on Guelph (struggling badly)

Guelph has a hard working younger team that are well coached in order to exploit their roster strengths. By no means are they a “one trick pony” but Dawes is the key to their success. He enables them to win the close games when he is on top of his game. If he cools off or were to miss some games I think they will struggle mightily? Again IMO....?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
This is the worst officiating we have seen in the OHL this season. We're playing well 5 on 5 but the disgusting amount of bias that we usually see in this matchup rears it's ugly head again.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
This is the worst officiating we have seen in the OHL this season. We're playing well 5 on 5 but the disgusting amount of bias that we usually see in this matchup rears it's ugly head again.

I already gave you the stats once before Bill, Greyhounds have had a lot more powerplays in this series over the last 10 years than the Knights have

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I already gave you the stats once before Bill, Greyhounds have had a lot more powerplays in this series over the last 10 years than the Knights have
But Otto, that doesn't matter. We all know Branch calls the officials before every London game to make sure they get the calls. It's a known proven fact. It doesn't matter that the other team has a bunch of younger kids and are overmatched a little. It doesn't matter that the Soo had won like, what as it? 16 straight or so against London before the last game. Nope. It's all the refs making sure London gets all the advantages. Makes sense doesn't it?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The team was dogged by bad calls all through the winning streak, which is what made it so impressive.

The team is clearly not overmatched at all in today's game. They are quite obviously carrying the 5 on 5 play with more than double the shots that the Knights have. The chintzy penalties and non-calls on London high sticks that make a player bleed and obvious delay of game in the defensive end is what is resulting in the current score.

I've had very few complaints about the officiating this year except for the 2 games against London. It's the same thing every year and it's disgraceful.

Last edited by a moderator:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
"I don't think Coach Dean is going to be too happy with that [Calisti's hooking call halfway through the 3rd]", Soo announcer, referred to it as "undisciplined".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino