SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think that's extremely unlikely except for the Taylor trade. I highly doubt there will be any major moves in the offseason either. We're one of the league's top teams with Brkin. I think they hope for more of the same with Malik next year and leave things alone.

There won't be any major moves. The team is good this year, hence they acquire Stevenson to help out, but this team is going to have to go up against some teams that are really stacking up this year. If there are doubts about LeGuerrier's return next year, it would be a good idea to move him for some picks to use for next year.

And in the offseason, the most major trade would be to open up some room for some of the better 02/03's you have coming up and the 04' 1st rounder (at least). It wouldn't be any more drastic than moving a guy Carroll or Trott for picks.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Looks like the west is going to continue to be a dogfight as none of the bubble teams sold off large. Here is an analysis based on the deadline moves (and expected moves) so far:

Guelph - 49pts
In - Has
Out - Phillips, Wickware
Guelph could probably sell off a few more big pieces and still not risk missing the playoffs.

Flint - 43pts
In - Yule, Piercey, Tucker
Out - Vierling
Flint added some significant pieces. At this stage I would be surprised if Flint missed the playoffs.

Owen Sound - 41pts
In - Struthers
Out - Groulx
Owen Sound has more or less stood pat. Will be fighting to stay ahead of Soo or Erie.

Sault Ste. Marie - 40 pts
In - Malik
Out - Taylor
The Soo will continue to battle with OS and Erie.

Erie - 40 pts
In - Sopa
Out -
Erie added a bit, but will continue to fight with OS and Soo.

Sarnia - 34 pts
In - Stratis
Out - Tabak, Kooy
At this stage, it doesn't look like Sarnia has added enough to get ahead of two of OS, Soo, Erie.

Edit: Added Martin Has.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Looks like the west is going to continue to be a dogfight as none of the bubble teams sold off large. Here is an analysis based on the deadline moves (and expected moves) so far:

Guelph - 49pts
In -
Out - Phillips, Wickware
Guelph could probably sell off a few more big pieces and still not risk missing the playoffs.

Flint - 43pts
In - Yule, Piercey, Tucker
Out - Vierling
Flint added some significant pieces. At this stage I would be surprised if Flint missed the playoffs.

Owen Sound - 41pts
In - Struthers
Out - Groulx
Owen Sound has more or less stood pat. Will be fighting to stay ahead of Soo or Erie.

Sault Ste. Marie - 40 pts
In - Malik
Out - Taylor
The Soo will continue to battle with OS and Erie.

Erie - 40 pts
In - Sopa
Out -
Erie added a bit, but will continue to fight with OS and Soo.

Sarnia - 34 pts
In - Stratis
Out - Tabak, Kooy
At this stage, it doesn't look like Sarnia has added enough to get ahead of two of OS, Soo, Erie.

Guelph just added Has to their group as well.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
My understanding is that first year imports can't be traded, but I don't know the exact rule.

As for the Hounds, I expect Taylor to be traded for a pick today. Otherwise, I don't expect any moves. Everyone is happy here and that makes it easy for Raftis.

He played his one game ( Hugo )

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Saginaw gets Ryan Suzuki in an incredibly lopsided deal. It's hard to understand what they are thinking, but I would have given up Holmes, an excess forward, and a couple of 2nds for Suzuki. That's a better deal than what they got.

They will be able to move him for more at next year's deadline, so it essentially a free rental.

Reactions: LDN

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Saginaw gets Ryan Suzuki in an incredibly lopsided deal. It's hard to understand what they are thinking, but I would have given up Holmes, an excess forward, and a couple of 2nds for Suzuki. That's a better deal than what they got.

They will be able to move him for more at next year's deadline, so it essentially a free rental.

I was about to suggest Mississauga do a similar deal except with Thomas Harley and Joe Ranger going for Tristan Lennox, Ethan Cardwell and the pick haul.

Reactions: LDN

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Well that's all folks. We'll see what else trickles in after noon.

Too bad that nobody would give Ethan Taylor a roster spot. I thought that he was deserving.

Last edited:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Some info please on Wale?? Rangers fan here.

He's a superb defender that is never out of position and engages physically. He makes smart outlet passes, but doesn't possess a great shot or a lot of offensive zone creativity.

Kitchener has a lot of guys that are weak defensively in the games I have seen (Bergkvist, Sebrango, Vukojevic) and I think that Wale would pair nicely with one of them. He can play both the left and right sides well.

I'm shocked that they let him go without getting a 2nd rounder. That's an outright steal for Kitchener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad